The Flash The Flash 5x18 "Godspeed"

Yawn, what a boring episode. So where do they go from here? Anyone know what happens when the clock turns 0 for RF or why it's even counting down in the first place?

Godspeed completly wasted
They also completely changed Godspeed other than he wears white, and his name. What Godspeed does for a living, how he got his powers, his motivation, everything whitewashed and changed.

There was a character nicknamed (by Cisco) as The Turtle. He had the ability to slow down time - so much so that Barry almost became motionless. He was ultimately captured by the team and then killed by E2 Wells for a reason I can’t quite remember now - something to do with helping Jessie.
It was to harness his power to steal Flash's speed to give to Zoom, because Zoom was threatening to kill Jessie.

They also completely changed Godspeed other than he wears white, and his name. What Godspeed does for a living, how he got his powers, his motivation, everything whitewashed and changed.

A character like that should not be a one off villain type to setup nora getting powers. It was the dumbest explanation too for his motivation.

Yawn, what a boring episode. So where do they go from here? Anyone know what happens when the clock turns 0 for RF or why it's even counting down in the first place?
I assumed (and have always done) that he was on some kinda' futuristic death row.

The episode was meh for me and Barry seemed to revert backwards as a character imo. The one thing I liked about it was the easter egg of Gambi cleaners which made me miss Black Lightening if anything else .

I know nothing about Godspeed, but he really was just a male version of Trajectory in a Zoom costume. And he really looked a lot better once they got rid of the CGI effects around him.

The episode was just ok, but really just reinforced my thoughts on the whole idea of events of the future.

Also, are we not ever going to have the Tornado Twins? Were we supposed to take that one time Eobard called Nora “Dawn” as just simply an Easter egg rather than showing a change in the timeline?

I know nothing about Godspeed, but he really was just a male version of Trajectory in a Zoom costume. And he really looked a lot better once they got rid of the CGI effects around him.

The episode was just ok, but really just reinforced my thoughts on the whole idea of events of the future.

Also, are we not ever going to have the Tornado Twins? Were we supposed to take that one time Eobard called Nora “Dawn” as just simply an Easter egg rather than showing a change in the timeline?

Still could happen but as a whole I have no idea what the main story is this season? Thought it was cicada but now its about reverse flash and his time running out.

Still could happen but as a whole I have no idea what the main story is this season? Thought it was cicada but now its about reverse flash and his time running out.
Since I grew to dislike Nora, I was hoping they'd show some new timeline where the twins are born instead. Like how Diggle went from having a daughter to a son.

Out of all the Arrowverse shows this week I’ll say this was the best imo. Also loved that Crisis tease. My rank for this week.
1.The Flash
2.Legends
3.Arrow

Well they totally wasted Godspeed. He had less screen time than ‘the Rival’ and it doesn’t look as though we’ll be seeing him as a credible threat again anytime soon.

Well they totally wasted Godspeed. He had less screen time than ‘the Rival’ and it doesn’t look as though we’ll be seeing him as a credible threat again anytime soon.

Well, unless they're setting him up and he escapes somehow. Maybe he gains speed powers that aren't just an injection. Which one was the Rival again?

I found Barry's reaction at the end a bit excessive stranding Nora in the future like that. It's not like others haven't done things that are untrustworthy.

Also why didn't Nora also say that she came back in time to make sure Barry didn't disappear, not that she just wanted to see him? That was her primary mission, not a family reunion. Why don't people communicate things? It's like they deliberately don't listen to each other or say the things they need to just for plot contrivances.

Well, unless they're setting him up and he escapes somehow. Maybe he gains speed powers that aren't just an injection. Which one was the Rival again?

I found Barry's reaction at the end a bit excessive stranding Nora in the future like that. It's not like others haven't done things that are untrustworthy.

Also why didn't Nora also say that she came back in time to make sure Barry didn't disappear, not that she just wanted to see him? That was her primary mission, not a family reunion. Why don't people communicate things? It's like they deliberately don't listen to each other or say the things they need to just for plot contrivances.
Rival was the speedster in Flashpoint that killed Wally

f35cd08b685f8e5f4e9dec514d112a3e.jpg

Well, unless they're setting him up and he escapes somehow. Maybe he gains speed powers that aren't just an injection.
Doubtful. They've already got Thawne and Nora from the future. I don't see them suddenly introducing a third party into the past events stuff. Besides, Godspeed was defeated by (quite literally) a newbie. He's not about to pose any threat to Team Flash.

That whole scene was stupid. "Don't come back, or I'll sense it in the speed force" yeah, you mean like you sensed it the first couple of times Barry?

Which one was the Rival again
Rival was the speedster in Flashpoint that killed Wally

f35cd08b685f8e5f4e9dec514d112a3e.jpg
So relevant to anything storywise that you @Dark Raven couldn't even remember him. That's how wasted he was. :rolleyes:

Barry's reaction to giving Nora a boot to the future was perfect in my opinion.
Like me, Barry knows nothing about being a parent. He has been betrayed more then once in the past and this was a logical response to the situation.

Tom once again is great as Thawne. Glad Sheloque Wells only appeared briefly.

Another plus was none of this Cicada nonsense. That storyline should have been wrapped up before the crossover.

well godspeed was not portrayed like the comics, his suit was nothing special, actually looked the worst out of zoom, RF, the rival, savitar.....godspeed suit looked like spandex, whereas the others looked more leather, more padded, basically looks better.

also godspeed didn't display really any sign of being the god of speed, also wasn't that savitar's line?? nora was able to run away from godspeed and keep the gap, she was just getting tired and didn't know what to do, plus she just got her speed and RF was mentoring on what to do, eventually godspeed caught up to her that's only because she stopped running and needed advice from RF on what to do, she panicked, getting speed was all new to her.

basically if godspeed couldn't catch up to her and take her out easily then he would've been slower than zoom, savitar, and most likely RF....all those speedsters are fast enough to close the gap against nora especially if she just got her speed, she's not going to be just as fast or faster....rankings for villains in terms of who's faster goes, 1) savitar, 2) zoom 3) RF 4) the rival however zoom and RF could be a a close or tie,,,,godspeed seemed like he was on par with the rival, not any of the others in terms of speed....plus using velocity drugs is like taking a speedsters steroid, pushing his levels further than normal so in my honest opinion using a drug to get speed doesn't classify you as a speedster unless for some reason or another you manage to make it permanent...drugs like velocity 9, ect only give you temporary speed so really I wouldn't classify them as a legit speedster.

they could always bring godspeed back making him more powerful by him succeeding in making his speed permanent the way he was trying in nora's timeline, but they should wrap up with cicada/grace first and really don't need to bring in godspeed as a speedster...my guess RF has something planned, was it a coincidence that when barry left there was like 10 min left....RF is always planning and steps ahead, so who knows what he has planned....obviously he wasn't going to waste his time in prison to send nora back for no reason, my guess pushing barry over the edge again to come see him could've altered RF future therefore saving him from the countdown...who knows.

So they put all that work into Godspeed's suit to waste him in a few minutes of screen time?
Unfortunately so, though this wouldn't be the first totally insane result of the Flash writers to date.

I did like this episode. I don't know about Godspeed from the comics so I am fine with what was shown. The most important parts for me concerned Nora and her backstory, which I thought they did pretty well. I liked that she was working in the same lab her dad was - and that her first foray into being a Speedster was as an electric ping-pong!

Sad about her friend, though that does set her up with having nobody but Thrawn who is apparently hardly mentioned in the museum. Poor Nora.

And yes, though Barry's move was A-hole epic he still doesn't have much experience being a parent. As soon as he heard she was working with RV his first instinct was to lock her up rather than hear her out, which looks likes its going to play out in the next episode, tonight.

He may have done it for her safety as much as there's, but c'mon Barry she's your child and she has proven herself time and again!

And of course this puts her right back with RV, who created his own Speedforce! That is just a bit... negative... Woops, Barry, yet another 'what did you do this time..?'

Some negatives, unfortunately of course, yes why didn't Barry ever feel her - or other speedsters - moving back and forth across the speedforce? Such an opportune time for it to be possible... And yes, they completely missed that Nora's main reason was to save her dad, but I guess bringing that motivation up would have stopped him from shoving her away at the end.

Still, good work Panabaker! I liked it a lot more than not.

I can't be the only one who was losing it over the way they treated Sherloque the last few episodes? Nora lied, Nora was working with Reverse Flash and they honestly seemed more annoyed with him than her. Was literally nearly shouting at my tv when Iris said something like so you've suspected something for months, I was like "are you for real he told you and you lost it with him like 3 episodes ago!". I honestly would like to know why the writers chose to have everyone angry with him.

I have seen a few comments already but understand how everyone is annoyed with Godspeed if that's the only opportunity he gets on screen. (However part of me thinks we will see him again as The Rival even got 2 episodes and would seem a waste to not use that sick white suit again)

Highlight for me was the reveal of the negative speed force

Godspeed was awesome in the episode for the time he was in it. I think he would be great villain to return next season as second big bad villain but abracadabra as main villain who returns. A return for him due to flash stopping him from time travelling and using Godspeed to help him in a plot to destroy flash for good but also returning weekly villains and new ones is a must and Barry travel to new cities around the world and bring the Hall of Justice instead of Star Labs as it gets destroyed in battle. Use the flash ring more often too for suit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"