The Flash The Flash awards and nominations thread

famicommander

Sidekick
Reaction score
So The Flash is being nominated for quite a few different awards lately, and I thought I'd collect them all into one location for anyone interested

Season One:
2014 TV Guide Awards - Favorite New TV Show - Nominated, WON
2014 Behind the Voice Actors Award for Best Female Guest Vocal Performance (Morena Baccarin as Gideon) - nominated, lost to Ben 10
2014 Behind the Voice Actors People's Choice Award for Best Female Guest Vocal Performance (Morena Baccarin as Gideon) - nominated, WON
2015 People's Choice Award for Favorite New TV Drama - Nominated, WON
2015 Visual Effecs Society Award for Best Effects in a Television Show - Nominated, lost to Game of Thrones
2015 Nickelodeon Kids' Choice Award for Favorite Family TV Show - Nominated, lost to Modern Family
2015 Nickelodeon Kids' Choice Award for Favorite Actor in a TV Show (Grant Gustin) - Nominated, lost to Ross Lynch
2015 Saturn Award for Best Superhero Apaptation TV Show - Nominated, WON
2015 Saturn Award for Best Male TV Actor (Grant Gustin) - Nominated, lost to Hugh Dancy and Andrew Lincoln
2015 Saturn Award for Best Male Guest Actor (Wentworth Miller) - Nominated, WON
2015 Saturn Award for Breakthrough Performance (Grant Gustin) - WON
2015 Hugo Award for Best Dramatic Presentation - Short Form (Kreisberg, Johns, Belanti, Nutter for the pilot episode) - Nominated, lost to Orphan Black
2015 Leo Award for Best Dramatic Series - nominated, lost to Motive
2015 Leo Award for Best Direction in a Dramatic Series - nominated, lost to Motive
2015 Leo Award for Best Cinematography in a Dramatic Series - nominated, lost to Confession
2015 Leo Award for Best Visual Effects in a Dramatic Series - nominated, WON
2015 Leo Award for Best Best Production Design in a Dramatic Series - nominated, lost to Witches of the East End
2015 Leo Award for Best Make-Up in a Dramatic Series - nominated, lost to Once Upon a Time
2015 Leo Award for Best Hairstyling in a Dramatic Series - nominated, lost to iZombie
2015 Leo Award for Best Guest Performance by a Female (Emily Bett Rickards as Felicity Smoak) in a Dramatic Series - nominated, lost to Supernatural
2015 Teen Choice Award for Choice TV Actress: Sci-Fi/Fantasy (Danielle Panabaker as Caitlyn Snow) - nominated, lost to Nina Dobrev
2015 Teen Choice Award for Choice TV Villain (Tom Cavanagh as Reverse Flash) - nominated, lost to Pretty Little Liars
2015 Teen Choice Award for Choice TV Breakout Star (Grant Gustin as Barry Allen/Flash) - nominated, WON
2015 Teen Choice Award for Choice TV Breakout Star (Candice Patton as Iris West) - nominated, lost to Grant Gustin
2015 Teen Choice Award for Choice TV Chemistry (Grant Gustin and Candice Patton) - nominated, lost to Supernatural
2015 Teen Choice Award for Choice TV Liplock (Candice Patton and Grant Gustin) - nominated, lost to Vampire diaries
2015 Television Critics Association Award for Outstanding New Program - nominated, lost to Better Call Saul
2015 Emmy Award for Outstanding Special Visual Effects (episode: Grodd Lives) - nominated, lost to Game of Thrones
2015 Online Film and Television Association Award for Best New Theme Song in a Series - nominated, lost to Empire
2015 Online Film and Television Association Award for Best Visual Effects in a Series - nominated, lost to Game of Thrones

Season Two:
2016 Saturn Award for Best Superhero Adaptation TV Series - nominated, WON
2016 Saturn Award for Best Guest Perfomance on Television (Victor Garber) - nominated, lost to Haven
2016 Saturn Award for Best Actor on Television (Grant Gustin) - nominated, lost to Ash vs The Evil Dead
2016 Nickelodeon Kids' Choice Award for Best Family TV Show - nominated, lost to The Muppets
2016 Nickelodeon Kids' Choice Award for Favorite Actor in a Family TV Show (Grant Gustin) - nominated, lost to Jim Parsons
2016 Leo Award for Best Visual Effects in a Dramatic Series - nominated, WON
2016 Leo Award for Best Stunt Coordination in a Dramatic series - nominated, lost to Arrow
2016 Leo Award for Best Direction in a Dramatic Series (JJ Makaro for "Enter Zoom") - nominated, lost to The Romeo Section
2016 Teen Choice Award for Choice TV Actor in a Fantasy/Sci-Fi Series (Grant Gustin) - nominated, WON
2016 Teen Choice Award for Choice Fantasy/Sci-Fi Series - nominated, lost to Once Upon a Time
2016 Teen Choice Award for Choice TV Actress in a Fantasy/Sci-fi Series (Danielle Panabaker) - nominated, lost to Laura Parrilla
2016 Teen Choice Award for Choice TV Villain (Teddy Sears as Hunter Zolomon) - nominated, lost to Janel Parrish
2016 Teen Choice Award for Choice TV Chemistry (Grant Gustin and Candice Patton) - nominated, lost to Ashley Benson and Tyler Blackburn
2016 Teen Choice Award for Choice TV Liplock (Grand Gustin and Candice Patton) - nominated, lost to Jennifer Morrison and Colin O-Donoghue

Feel free to add anything else that comes up.

Last edited:
Grant Gustin will be presented with a special Saturn Award for Breakthrough performance:
Actor Grant Gustin has proven to be a major talent playing Barry Allen, aka The Flash, on the series of the same name created by Greg Berlanti and based on the classic DC Comics character. His command of the starring role has captured the attention of television viewers worldwide. The Academy will honor Grant Gustin with the Breakthrough Performance Award.
http://www.dreadcentral.com/news/99115/tv-getting-special-recognition-at-this-years-saturn-awards/

That's nice to see. Grant has really made Barry a character that I've come to enjoy. Just the right combination of heart and humor. There are a few scenes he's a little shaky in, but overall I think he's been fantastic. I'm glad to see that he's getting some recognition.

The pilot episode of The Flash has been nominated for a 2015 Hugo Award for Best Dramatic Presentation - Short Form

Also nominated were episodes of Orphan Black, Grimm, Game of Thrones, and Doctor Who

Flash has been nominated for 8 Leo Awards
http://www.leoawards.com/2015/nominees/by_program.php

All in the category of dramatic series
-Best Program
-Best Direction
-Best Cinematography
-Best Visual Effects
-Best Production Design
-Best Make-Up
-Best Hairstyling
-Best Guest Performance by a Female (Emily Bett Rickards as Felicity Smoak)

I'm surprised to see Gustin nominated for Best Actor awards. I mean, he tries his best, but the acting of Joe and of Wells is in another league. I would say Gustin is the 5th best actor on the show personally. I'd put Eddie over him.

Danielle Panabaker has been nominated for a Teen Choice Award for Choice TV Actress

Awesome. I am 18 episodes in, and I adore her on the show.

Danielle Panabaker has been nominated for a Teen Choice Award for Choice TV Actress

I thought that was really cool she got the nod considering how small the Snowbarry/Caitlin Snow fan base is. I'm happy for her!

Glad Grant won. He deserves it, if he didn't win it'd be criminal.

Does this show have a chance at being nominated for Emmys?

The Flash has been nominated for a Television Critics Award for outstanding new program

Best Superhero Adaptation Television Series
Best Guest Performance in a Television Series (Wentworth Miller)
Breakthrough Performance Award (Grant Gustin)

http://www.saturnawards.org/

The Flash was nominated for four more Teen Choice Awards, and two Flash actors were nominated in the same category for a total of six TCA nominations. See OP for details.

The Flash has been nominated for an Emmy Award for Outstanding Special Visual Effects (episode: Grodd Lives)

Morena Baccarin was nominated for two BTVA awards for best female guest vocal performance -- one from the organization itself and also its people's choice award.

She won the people's choice and lost the organization's award to Jennifer Hale in Ben 10: Omniverse.

Baccarin is also known for playing/voicing other comic characters such as Leslie Thompkins in Gotham, Black Canary in Justice League Unlimited, Talia Al-Ghul in Son of Batman, Cheetah in Batman: the Brave and the Bold, and Vanessa in the upcoming Deadpool film.

The Teen Choice Awards are tomorrow, but some early winners were announced tonight.

Grant Gustin won the Choice Award for Breakout TV Star. Candice Patton was also nominated.

The show is still up for four more awards tomorrow night.

Flash ended up losing all the other Teen Choice Awards it was up for. Also corrected an error; I had the BTVA awards listed as 2015 but they were actually the 2014 awards.

Only two pending nominations now -- the Emmy and the Hugo. Both would be good for the show, even if it's a technical Emmy.

Flash lost the Hugo Award to Orphan Black.

Just the Emmy pending now.

Flash lost the Emmy to Game of Thrones.

That should just about wrap it up for season 1.

Nominated for:
1 Emmy (lost)
4 Saturn Awards (won 3, lost 1)
1 Hugo Award (lost)
1 People's Choice Award (won)
6 Teen Choice Awards (won 1, lost 5)
1 TCA Award (lost)
2 Kids' Choice Awards (lost both)
8 Leo Awards (won 1)
1 TV Guide Award (won)
2 Behind the Voice Actors Awards (won 1, lost 1)
1 Visual Effects Society Award (lost)

Not a bad haul for season 1. Maybe season 2 can get an Emmy or Golden Globe.

Either way, CW has got to be pleased with the response.

Flash season 1 was nominated for two OFTA awards
Best New Theme Song (lost to Empire)
Best Visual Effects (lost to Game of Thrones)

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"