The Flash The Flash Episode 1x15 - Out of Time

So I just heard the reason why the Flash is getting a longer break is so the CW could use that time to promote iZombie, and they're mostly using the Flash's time because it's their best show and they're trying to attract more viewers.

Arrow will have a new episode next week but then it will go on a mini break too and both shows will somehow line up between then and May so they end on the same week. I also think it makes more sense to have a new episode in the case of Arrow since that story will continue their current arc, whereas the Firestorm arc is done for the time being.

Still don't get the time travel, as in, will Barry be in another timeline and reality, and everything else be the same in the current timeline, or will Barry change something which affects the current timeline?

The comic book answer would be that Berry would create an alternate reality. In DC Universe when Berry tries to save his Mom he creates sort of alternate reality but then fixs the damage by stopping himself from saving his mom. This creates the New 52 reality. The other reality still exist but he can't access it. He also doesn't remember the other reality.

How as far as the show I doubt they will go this route. It would be to complicated to explain. If they make some changes then the present will be changed and that will be that.

I've long thought they might establish that the particle accelerator was actually a different phenomenon than the Lightning strike. We've seen the liquids rising from their containers twice: when Barry was struck the night of the accident, and on the night his mother died when there was no accident. I think the speed force is tied into time travel, not the particle accelerator.

Which brings me to a 2-part argument; (1) either the past is immutable with a stable time loop and the tragedy is going to be that Barry can't save his mom, or (2) time is changeable but when Barry saves his mom, he accidentally creates the circumstances for the next Reverse Flash. Both of these arguments could showcase Barry saving his mom and experiencing a different timeline for a few episodes, possibly gifting himself the Lightning in some way via time travel. The difference is that in one, Barry is going to have to chose to restore the "original" timeline, while the other features him succeeding in avoiding a true Flashpoint style universe with Reverse Flash having the power of angst-creation, but at the cost of a bit more chaos.

I'm going to have to respectfully disagree with that theory.

Wells being an "older version" of Barry just doesn't line up with a lot of the things that we've seen.

For starters, whenever Wells runs, he leaves a trace of red lightning whereas Barry leaves a streak of yellow lightning.

Also, I have the hardest time imagining that an older version of Barry would resort to the level of things that Wells has done on a ethical note. We've seen no traces of Barry's current personality to indicate that he's capable of evolving into a person like Wells.

Plus, Wells wouldn't refer to Barry as a different person when talking to Gideon (his computer).

Which are all fair arguments against it, I agree. Though I wouldn't say it completely discounts it.

For example, why does Wells leaving a red lightning trace instead of yellow lightning like Barry. Well, we know that Wells' speed powers are in flux and it appears he's been trying to absorb tachyon particles into his body in order to stabilize them. Perhaps having a red lightning streak instead of yellow is a side-effect from this.

As for an older version of Barry doing what Wells has done on the show? A lot can happen to someone given enough time, especially if they went through some traumatic experiences. Wells looks as if he's about 50, which gives him a good 25 years over Barry. Plenty of time I would think for an older Barry--especially if he's one who has witnessed the death of his mom first hand and failed, and probably lost his wife (a future Iris, maybe?)--to become more cynical, jaded, and adopt an "ends justify the means" attitude. And the notion that someone as good and decent and noble as Barry would never resort to the stuff Wells has done--including murder--would be one reason why the creators of the series would have Harrison Wells/Reverse Flash be a future Barry--because it's the kind of big, shocking, mind-blogging twist that would potentially make viewers lose their collective minds, and result in more questions that drives the series forward for future episodes.

Also, perhaps he refers to Barry as a separate person when talking to Gideon because even though they may be literally the same person from different times, they're technically different. Not to mention it'd be much easier to refer to different versions of oneself by different names, methinks.

So I just heard the reason why the Flash is getting a longer break is so the CW could use that time to promote iZombie, and they're mostly using the Flash's time because it's their best show and they're trying to attract more viewers.

Arrow will have a new episode next week but then it will go on a mini break too and both shows will somehow line up between then and May so they end on the same week. I also think it makes more sense to have a new episode in the case of Arrow since that story will continue their current arc, whereas the Firestorm arc is done for the time being.

Damn it, I absolutely HATE when TV stations pull that kind of crap. I wasn't interested in iZombie anyway, but I'm definitely not watching it now.

March 17. The waiting begins.
tumblr_mfs0nl4tFo1ryzrvno1_500.gif

For example, why does Wells leaving a red lightning trace instead of yellow lightning like Barry. Well, we know that Wells' speed powers are in flux and it appears he's been trying to absorb tachyon particles into his body in order to stabilize them. Perhaps having a red lightning streak instead of yellow is a side-effect from this.

The Reverse Flash has been known to have a red lightening trace in the comics, never as a side-effect or because his powers are in flux. Rather, it is because he is the opposite of the Flash and taps into the Negative Speed Force.

Are you familiar with Flash comic lore at all?

Reverse_Flash_058.jpg

I'm curious to know why Wells choose now to out himself as The Reverse Flash!

He only outed himself to the general, who is likely dead or captured. Seems Team Flash will discover on their own that something's up with him.

Damn it, I absolutely HATE when TV stations pull that kind of crap. I wasn't interested in iZombie anyway, but I'm definitely not watching it now.
Why? I mean, yes, it sucks for us, but the CW wants to have their shows succeed and this is the best way for them to do it.

Yeah, but the problem is, when they do that, it can hurt one of the shows (usually the one that gets the shaft in favor of the other one). I don't think that will be the case here, fortunately, since the Flash has a pretty big fanbase. But there have been a number of instances where stations started jerking timeslots around in order to help out shows that are struggling, and the result has been those shows seeing a ratings boost while the others' ratings suffer because no one knows when the hell they are on. That happened to Raising Hope a couple years ago and it was ultimately cancelled.

It's basically just a momentum and buzz-killer for The Flash. Breaks like this give the seasons a disjointed feel sometimes.

I disagree, the trailer actually builds anticipation, not to mention, it comes after the end of a mini arc which introduced Firestorm. When the next 9 episodes air, there won't be a break to the momentum that will be building towards the finale. It's a straight road from there on that will be filled with More Wells/RF stuff.

Episode synopsis:

LIAM MCINTYRE GUEST STARS AS THE WEATHER WIZARD; CISCO REALIZES DR. WELLS IS HIDING SOMETHING — Mark Mardon aka The Weather Wizard (guest star Liam McIntyre) appears in Central City intent on avenging his brother Clyde’s death, and sets his sights on Joe (Jesse L. Martin), who shot Clyde. When Mardon attacks Joe and Barry (Grant Gustin), Barry is able to super-speed them to safety but Mardon gets away. Barry warns Joe not to go after a meta-human alone but Joe doesn’t listen and ends up in grave danger. Meanwhile, Cisco (Carlos Valdes) looks into the night the team captured the Reverse Flash and realizes something doesn’t add up and begins to wonder whether Joe was right about Dr. Wells (Tom Cavanagh). Barry and Linda (guest star Malese Jow) end up on an awkward double date with Eddie (Rick Cosnett) and Iris (Candice Patton). Thor Freudenthal directed the episode written by Todd Helbing & Aaron Helbing (#115).

The bringer of rain is coming!

Episode synopsis:

LIAM MCINTYRE GUEST STARS AS THE WEATHER WIZARD; CISCO REALIZES DR. WELLS IS HIDING SOMETHING — Mark Mardon aka The Weather Wizard (guest star Liam McIntyre) appears in Central City intent on avenging his brother Clyde’s death, and sets his sights on Joe (Jesse L. Martin), who shot Clyde. When Mardon attacks Joe and Barry (Grant Gustin), Barry is able to super-speed them to safety but Mardon gets away. Barry warns Joe not to go after a meta-human alone but Joe doesn’t listen and ends up in grave danger. Meanwhile, Cisco (Carlos Valdes) looks into the night the team captured the Reverse Flash and realizes something doesn’t add up and begins to wonder whether Joe was right about Dr. Wells (Tom Cavanagh). Barry and Linda (guest star Malese Jow) end up on an awkward double date with Eddie (Rick Cosnett) and Iris (Candice Patton). Thor Freudenthal directed the episode written by Todd Helbing & Aaron Helbing (#115).

The bringer of rain is coming!

Thor has jumped ship to DC and has taken up directing? Interesting. :o

Exactly how fast is Wells that he can be in two freaking places at once? That's freaking insane. That has to be how he managed to beat the crap out of himself in the mid-season finale.

That's not it at all. He only APPEARS to be in two places at once. If you're as fast as he and Barry are supposed to be, it would actually be fairly easy for them to make that illusion happen.

Hi,

I see that Arrow aired an episode this week, but The Flash did not.

From reading this thread it was to make way for a new show.

However, I was wondering does anyone now if this will affect any future crossovers or references between shows?

Are they intended to go out of sequence?

Or should I hold off on watching Arrow 3x15 until The Flash 1x15 arrives?

I know it isn't really that big a deal, but I'd like keep the episodes in order ;)

Cheers

Hi,

I see that Arrow aired an episode this week, but The Flash did not.

From reading this thread it was to make way for a new show.

However, I was wondering does anyone now if this will affect any future crossovers or references between shows?

Are they intended to go out of sequence?

Or should I hold off on watching Arrow 3x15 until The Flash 1x15 arrives?

I know it isn't really that big a deal, but I'd like keep the episodes in order ;)

Cheers
At some point, Arrow will miss a week and they'll be back in synch.

I wouldn't. It's not like the actions of one are affecting the other right now.

That's not it at all. He only APPEARS to be in two places at once. If you're as fast as he and Barry are supposed to be, it would actually be fairly easy for them to make that illusion happen.

Actually, it's pretty insane. If it's just him running fast, that means he's fast enough to be outside fighting Barry, run inside, change clothes to be an injured Dr. Wells, run back outside change clothes again and fight Barry more without Barry - The Flash - even noticing he was ever gone. He's so fast, he can get surprised by Firestorm and still manage to appear to be in two places at once. It really would be an insane amount of speed.

Was it the first episode that we saw the newspaper saying that The Flash disappeared in 2019?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"