The Flash The Flash General Discussion and Speculation Thread - - Part 11

I hope they release a great official pic to shut everyone up.

I hope they release a great official pic to shut everyone up.

Wonder if it'll have the yellow stripes/accents. I liked those. Mimics the lightning from the books / filled area where it might look blank. The leaked photo doesn't have them but I trust that it will.

The concept art image is fantastic. That actual photo, not so much.

Put. The. Chin. Piece. BACK.

S2 suit remains the best one.

https://deadline.com/2018/08/the-fl...er-switching-casting-cw-drama-1202442920/amp/

Kiana Madeira (Sacred Lies) is set for a recurring role on the upcoming fifth season of the CW’s The Flash in a casting with a twist. Madeira will play Spencer Young (aka Spin), originally a male character in the comics, but producers decided to change it up as a female role for the DC drama.

Madeira’s Spencer Young (aka Spin) is a young aspiring social media influencer who seizes the opportunity to make herself famous when she discovers there is a new hero in Central City. Spin will be introduced in episode #504.

Honestly, it makes sense for a "social media influencer" to be a female so I'm cool with it

First official look at the new suit.

https://twitter.com/CW_TheFlash/status/1028048908381913089
DkRc2tnUwAEbJ1P.jpg

Last edited:
Bummed they got rid of the chin strap. Really like the material they're using. Think I still like previous suits better.

Edit: Grant teased that they've made some drastic changes to the cowl after the first few episodes.

Not a fan of the costume. The material seems very S1 and kind of like a regression.

Willing to give it a shot. Still need to see on camera/in motion first. The material could look different on screen, etc.

Just bummed they still haven't done gold(er) boots.

Given a long history of terrible CW promo shots, I'm just gonna wait and see how it actually looks in action. Right now, the cowl is the only thing that bugs.

The suit looks fine, but man, that cowl looks bad. It's a step backwards.

OOooo, yeah I do love what the suit is made out of. Really it's just the cowl that's bugging me. I think someone in the costume thread said it, but it does remind me a lot of Captain America's TA costume.

Doesnt look to bad there. It seems like they are trying to do a cheaper version of this
Screen-Shot-2015-12-02-at-12.20.39-PM-copy.png

Where the suit will be "pieces"

I just wish they'd throw some major money into a new suit and make him a really good cowl.

Ezras face can pull off a no chin strap but Grants cant. Maybe if he had a similar look to Ezras.
Ezra-Miller-DCEU-Flash.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah, Ezra has a great square jawline to pull something like that off. Grant doesn't. Hell, even Chris Evans needed a chin piece, as the TA Cap suit demonstrated.

That said, I'm liking the look of the rest of the suit.

Hmm...the diamond shape pattern thing going on in the middle there is really odd as well. I didn't notice it obviously until the pic Gustin posted. Yeah...I don't like it. It's not a big deal because I'm not a die hard fan, but as long as those folks do like it, then score one for them.

The material is an improvement. Still needs the chin piece back, though.

Also, that official pic is trash, should have gone with Grant's pic or something real.

Love the new suit. I know it won’t be or at least I hope not but I really don’t want the Flash Ring to be a one episode type thing. I sure it won’t be but you never know.

Bummed they got rid of the chin strap. Really like the material they're using. Think I still like previous suits better.

Edit: Grant teased that they've made some drastic changes to the cowl after the first few episodes.

I hope so, the cowl is killing the new suit for me, the thicker material is distracting, it's not flattering for Grant's face, and looks cheap. It also doesn't even remotely match the rest of the suit at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"