The Flash The Flash General Discussion and Speculation Thread - - Part 11

DlJ3lSPU4AAyoFF.jpg

I really need to know what was so crucial that Flash/Supergirl had to switch timeslots.

Ratings wise Flash is more popular so I'm guessing CW wanted to hedge their net by starting off with the bigger draw. Seeing as how this cross-over is being used to springboard a new show they want as many viewers as possible.

I'm more bummed out that LOT won't be involved this year. :huh:

DlJ3lSPU4AAyoFF.jpg

I really need to know what was so crucial that Flash/Supergirl had to switch timeslots.

I think I'm the only one who thinks the suit here looks AMAZING. Truly. If I'm being nitpicky, it's just missing the winged ears and gold boots but that looks like a movie quality suit to me. I wouldn't be surprised if they manip'd a lot of it here though.

I think I'm the only one who thinks the suit here looks AMAZING. Truly. If I'm being nitpicky, it's just missing the winged ears and gold boots but that looks like a movie quality suit to me. I wouldn't be surprised if they manip'd a lot of it here though.

Agreed that the suit looks great. I love the fact that we get the Flash Ring and that awesome new suit comes with it. It really does look movie quality but you can’t please everyone. I think when they see it in action the others who don’t like it will come around. It looks better than the Flash suit in Justice League (and I liked that suit).

Agreed that the suit looks great. I love the fact that we get the Flash Ring and that awesome new suit comes with it. It really does look movie quality but you can’t please everyone. I think when they see it in action the others who don’t like it will come around. It looks better than the Flash suit in Justice League (and I liked that suit).

I like it more than the movie Flash costume too. Other than that I like it about the same as previous seasons costumes.

My brother read a comment of someone being unable to unsee the part of his neck with the new cowl. Now, he can't unsee it.

Just found out Superman and Lois Lane will be in the crossover. I'm even more excited for it now. Tyler Hoechlin was brilliant as The Man Of Steel!

Just found out Superman and Lois Lane will be in the crossover. I'm even more excited for it now. Tyler Hoechlin was brilliant as The Man Of Steel!
Why?! Who asked for this!? Don't these 2 get more than enough big and small screen time over the decades?! I'd rather have LoT or Beebo than these 2 for the crossover!!! :cmad:

Why?! Who asked for this!? Don't these 2 get more than enough big and small screen time over the decades?! I'd rather have LoT or Beebo than these 2 for the crossover!!! :cmad:
Arrow already is & Batwoman is likely to be a darker show; not one where the likes of Beebo will work. I'm happy the Legends are out this year. Last year the crossover was too cluttered. I'm happy they're dialing it back a bit.

I wouldn't worry too much about Superman or Lois either; I can't imagine them being in the Flash or Arrow episodes. Most likely they'll just be in the Supergirl episode at the end of the crossover.

Superman's in all 3 episodes, according to Deadline. If it is indeed set on Earth-38, and in Gotham...well, he lives right next to Gotham. So it makes sense he'd be involved from the get-go if that's the case. Possibly even before Supergirl & Co. get in on it.

Last edited:
Grant Guston on getting to share the screen with Tyler Hoechlin's Supes:

Grant Gustin Confirms Flash and Superman Scenes in Arrowverse Crossover

This year's big Arrowverse crossover will not only feature a few introductions, but it will also bring two of DC's biggest heroes together on television in the form of The Flash and Superman.

The new crossover will encompass Arrow, The Flash, and Supergirl, and while it has made big news, thanks to the pending debut of Batwoman and Lois Lane, it will also bring back Tyler Hoechlin as Superman — and not just for a short stint either. Superman will appear in all three episodes according to EW, and that means he will be sharing the screen with not only The Flash, but also Arrow.

Flash actor Grant Gustin couldn't be more thrilled about getting to share the screen with big blue.

“To see Flash and Superman together and to be one of the guys in the suits is something I’m definitely pretty excited about," Gustin said.

While it is something Gustin always hoped for, he did admit that part of him figured it would never happen.

“It did feel like something they would always save for the features, to be honest," Gustin added. "But I feel like the Arrowverse has kind of been changing that stigma with the whole TV is the lesser medium. I think it kind of doesn’t matter these days with the streaming and content’s kind of everywhere. So, it is cool to see us kind of rise to even another level and bring all of us together for these crossovers. It’s pretty epic.”

Superman was introduced and last seen on CW's Supergirl after the season 2 finale, which has also planted the seeds for Lois Lane. No one has been cast in the role yet (at least that we know), but the Supergirl team couldn't be more excited to have a hand in defining the Arrowverse's version of the iconic character.

“We couldn’t be more excited to introduce Lois Lane to the Arrowverse,” said Supergirl executive producers Jessica Queller and Robert Rovner in a statement. “This dogged, determined and brave reporter will make for a strong partner to Superman and amazing addition to our universe of DC characters.”

COMMENTS
The currently untitled Arrowverse crossover will take place across three nights, kicking off on Sunday, Dec. 9th on The Flash at 8 p.m. ET. It continues on Arrow Monday, Dec. 10th at 8 p.m. and then finishes up on Supergirl Tuesday, Dec. 11th at 8 p.m. ET.

Source: comicbook.com

I cannot wait to see Superman on screen with Barry and Oliver.

I wish they would just make a full Superman show. I liked him in the 2 Supergirl episodes he was in.

I wish they would just make a full Superman show. I liked him in the 2 Supergirl episodes he was in.

At the very least I'd like his appearances to become more frequent, but an actual show would be great, Tyler's Superman has been largely well received by audiences, which unfortunately can't be said about any live action take on the character since Reeve, they should capitalize on that.

Grant Guston on getting to share the screen with Tyler Hoechlin's Supes:

I cannot wait to see Superman on screen with Barry and Oliver.
Imagine how hyped Gustin would be if/when a CW Batman, Green Lantern & Wonder Woman are in an episode. :oldrazz:

Well, Grant's always been a Superman fan in particular, if I recall correctly, so this is probably especially big for him.

The new suit is so obviously an updated version of the 90s suit. I love it but the helmet looks like total crap. It's too big for his head and makes him look like a red q tip lol

Perhaps the crossover will be the episode where Batwoman speaks her mind and says that his helmet looks like crap.

Well, Grant's always been a Superman fan in particular, if I recall correctly, so this is probably especially big for him.

Yeah weren’t there images of him on set once and he had hold of a Superman costume?

I hope they’ve changed the cape attachments for Supes suit, it was the only thing I disliked about his costume.

Yeah weren’t there images of him on set once and he had hold of a Superman costume?

Yeah Grant is a huge Superman fan. That tattoo on his left arm says “Superman.. I love him” in his mother’s handwriting. I’m sure he’s probably geeking out super (no pun intended) hard at being able to share screen time with him.

I hope they’ve changed the cape attachments for Supes suit, it was the only thing I disliked about his costume.

I doubt they’ll change the costume for a guest star. It would be unnecessary cost to them to do so.

Yeah Grant is a huge Superman fan. That tattoo on his left arm says “Superman.. I love him” in his mother’s handwriting. I’m sure he’s probably geeking out super (no pun intended) hard at being able to share screen time with him.

I did not know that about the tattoo. Very cool.

I'm sure that Grant is like the happiest dude in the world knowing that Supeman will be in his show. I'm so happy to see two senior members of the Justice League be on the small screen. A part of me is hoping that Barry and Clark will have a race at the end of the crossover.

Yeah, Grant's got to be thrilled with this. The race might have to be in a future episode. Only in the Arrowverse would Batwoman be a bigger deal than Superman though.

Does anyone else wanna see Steven Moffat write an episode of The Flash? With all the time travel shenanigans in The Flash I think hed be perfect.

Yeah, Grant's got to be thrilled with this. The race might have to be in a future episode. Only in the Arrowverse would Batwoman be a bigger deal than Superman though.

She's a bigger deal than everyone right because she's the new character on the block. Also since Superman and Lois have been announced most of the talk has been about those two. If this were the first appearance of Superman in the Arrowverse you can bet the talk would be all about him. Same as it was when he was first appearing on Supergirl.

She's a bigger deal than everyone right because she's the new character on the block. Also since Superman and Lois have been announced most of the talk has been about those two. If this were the first appearance of Superman in the Arrowverse you can bet the talk would be all about him. Same as it was when he was first appearing on Supergirl.

Now that Superman and Lois are in the crossover, I've lost interest to see Batwoman appear.

Hopefully we'll get a proper Superman vs Flash race. If Flash is to win though, he'll probably need Iris to inspire and cheer him on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"