The Flash The Flash General Discussion and Speculation Thread - - Part 11

The mystery girl could be an alternate version of Iris that she accidentally created when she became a speedster. That could be why she seems to keep turning cold and frowning when Iris comes into view.

Maybe the girl is like the female equivalent of Savitar. She could be next season's big bad.

Season 4 finale is supposed to set up next seasons big bad. I'm assuming Godspeed

Or Cobalt Blue. Rick should come back and revive the show. Killer Frost needs to come back too.

rick_cosnett_as_cobalt_blue_by_countis-da8tytr.jpg

Heard it's Cobalt Blue or Cicada.

Boom: mystery girl is Magenta and Cicada will be next seasons big bad

I'm shocked that they've not brought Rick back as a doppelganger.

She's managed to come back in time, and has managed to avoid detection. I don't think she'll need much training - if any.
Doesn't mean she knows how to fight though. Wonder why no Reaper things are after her. She is messing with time and whenever Barry did that they showed up quickly.

Doesn't mean she knows how to fight though. Wonder why no Reaper things are after her. She is messing with time and whenever Barry did that they showed up quickly.
When Barry went back in time, he (with the help of the team) learnt how to defeat those Reapers, and if this new girl is indeed from the future, she's no doubt aware of how to avoid (or defeat) them.

Heard it's Cobalt Blue or Cicada.

Boom: mystery girl is Magenta and Cicada will be next seasons big bad

I'd love to see them use Cicada and also be kinda nervous about it, especially after they squandered the potential with Savitar's cult in S3, such a missed opportunity.

If Savitar & DeVoe are any example, Cicada will be another weak villain. It's a shame that all the show introduce so many one-shot villains, else they'd each have so many more o play with; just think what they could have done with the Rogues, Kadabra, Double Down, Girder or even 6 straight episodes on Grodd or King Shark (etc), but instead, they generally introduce and defeat a new villain each and every week.

The show really could use some new showrunners at this point.

Don't care for the Granddaughter or future relative girl. Think she will be annoying and we will get a lot of Iris trying to be a mother moments. More BArry training stuff.

Doubtful, nobody cares about the shoehorning and their stupid incestuous marriage expanding.

Nailed it. Season 1 was a light season that was really good. Season 2 was a dark season that was really good. Season 3 was a dark season that was really bad. Now season 4 is a light season that's gone really bad. A show having a light tone or a dark tone does not determine the outcome of how well a season is gonna go, it's about the writers and the execution of the plot. The Flash is suffering exactly what Arrow went through a couple years back. Both shows were solid its first 2 seasons.

Season 1 was actually the right balance of light and good drama. Arrow was always the copy/paste template for what Flash had to follow. Apparently history repeats itself.

The summertime hole is coming--only two weeks left. :csad:

The summertime hole is coming--only two weeks left. :csad:

This is the first time in the series where it doesn't even feel like the show is towards the end of the season. The plot of season 4 has been so inconsistent and all over the place. Even with season 3 by the time Killer Frost came at large and Savitar was revealed you could feel a sense that the season was ending. Season 4's plot has been my least favorite. It's too bad Devoe is a stronger villain than Savitar but had to be in the season's worst writing ever.

I believe Savitar being a terrible villain made the writing of season 3 more challenging but overall season 3 still had more effort into writing for most of the part. Comparing the 2nd half of season 3 to the 2nd half of season 4, I thought episodes such as Dead or Alive, the 2 part Grodd special, Abra Kadabra, The Once and Future Flash, I Know Who You Are, and Infantino Street were better than anything this part of season 4 has offered. I would have never thought this series would have fallen apart this badly.

Taking a page off of Arrow's handbook of mistakes really hurt them this season.

This show, this season should be called The Lame. Or We Are The Lames since they love the team so much. :whatever:

this is getting hard to watch... there are some good parts, don't get me wrong... but the crap with whats her face being pregnant and becoming other people mentally... lol cringe

this is getting hard to watch... there are some good parts, don't get me wrong... but the crap with whats her face being pregnant and becoming other people mentally... lol cringe
This week made me realize that I completely tune out during their scenes. Like, I didn't even know that's what was happening to her because I had checked out of their storyline long ago. So when I looked up from my computer and saw her talking...like that, I had a moment of "WTF?" Followed by, "oh yeah, I don't care" and went back to what I was doing. Honestly, she's only there because they want to give Joe a storyline, so they really just need to cut him as a regular and bring him back as a guest star every now and then. Especially now that Wally's gone.

Dude, it's so bad! Like what the bad place is THAT? Quality is like nickelodeon storytelling. Ugh this season..

Oh, here's an inhaler to make it better. lmao

The mystery girl could be an alternate version of Iris that she accidentally created when she became a speedster. That could be why she seems to keep turning cold and frowning when Iris comes into view.

Maybe the girl is like the female equivalent of Savitar. She could be next season's big bad.

I'm thinking the mystery girl is Clifford & Marlize DeVoe's daughter.

I'm thinking the mystery girl is Clifford & Marlize DeVoe's daughter.

How can she be? Why does she look more black than them?

Marlize DeVoe seems like someone I would know in real life. I know a number of South Africans.

Anyone else believe Ralph is not really gone for good? Too big of a comics character to be killed off.

Yeah, I've been kinda assuming he's not gone for good.

Anyone else believe Ralph is not really gone for good? Too big of a comics character to be killed off.

Yeah, I've been kinda assuming he's not gone for good.

I'll be shocked if he doesn't return in some capacity. The writers invested so much screen time to him that it would be a waste if he were only a single-season character.

I think Ralph should be gone for good. I was okay with the character, but his coming back would completely remove the price for doing what was right. There are too many quick corrects as it is without enough lasting repercussions.

I can see how they would do it though. As Ralph was the last of Devoe's victims, his consciousness could still be in there but repressed. If they can keep Devoe from killing him when(if) they force him out, then Ralph is saved.

But again I hope not. People die and there isn't a quick answer in real life, and that should sometimes hold true in fantasy as well.

Ralph did what was good. He fought for the cause and paid the price by not stooping to murder. Now make Devoe pay.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"