The Flash THE FLASH Season 1, Episode 10 Promo; "Revenge Of The Rogues

Good episode but c'mon!!! Crossing the rays to stop them???

Umm.. While Flash is distracting them, the police should have been shooting at them instead of standing around.

Or the Flash could have grabbed both their guns with super speed

But that would be a ****** ending.

Yes, it is not wise to over analyze - everything can have holes poked in it if you overthink it.

By this kind of thinking, the Flash in the comic book would defeat every villain in an an instant requiring the Reverse Flash to appear in every single issue in order to give the Flash an enemy who could stand against him.

Batman could not survive in combat against a foe capable of resisting the Justice League.

A pair of glasses hid Superman's identity for fifty years?

The Fellowship of the Ring walked to Mordor? No horses? Gandalf didn't think to summon the eagles?

What logical reason did the Rebels have for flying along the trench on the Death Star? Couldn't they just have flown to the exhaust port from "above" or another, less restrictive angle?

Barry disarming the Rogues that quickly is boring and pointless.

He couldn't. He had to make them cross the beams. That is just how it is. :woo:

I really enjoyed Purcell as Heatwave, but I think Miller is just killing it as Cold. I love how theatrical and wacky he is, and the way he appears to really enjoy what he's doing. While it's true that both of them are a bit like exaggerated versions of their Prison Break characters, it's nice to see Miller embrace the role and have so much fun with it. I can't wait to see him back on the show, and I hope he keeps showing up for a long time.

Agreed, it was genius to put them back together.:woo: I'd love to see some behind the scenes footage or interviews to see if they had as much playing the roles as they made it look like. They should do the commentary of the DVD/BluRay release.

Very happy to see they'll be back again. And hope they become an ongoing threat through the entire series. :woot:

I think Iris is a very weak part of the show - the writers really need to make her more than just "the girlfriend" or Joe's daughter - she needs to be a character in her own right or there is just no point to her. I don't really care for Laurel in Arrow, but at least she was never just Oliver's love interest/Ex-girlfriend. They need to find a purpose for Iris beyond Eddie and Barry - that doesn't involve her being a damsel in distress or donning a costume of her own (of which there is now one too many in Arrow :cwink:)

Yes, it is not wise to over analyze - everything can have holes poked in it if you overthink it.

By this kind of thinking, the Flash in the comic book would defeat every villain in an an instant requiring the Reverse Flash to appear in every single issue in order to give the Flash an enemy who could stand against him.

Batman could not survive in combat against a foe capable of resisting the Justice League.

A pair of glasses hid Superman's identity for fifty years?

The Fellowship of the Ring walked to Mordor? No horses? Gandalf didn't think to summon the eagles?

What logical reason did the Rebels have for flying along the trench on the Death Star? Couldn't they just have flown to the exhaust port from "above" or another, less restrictive angle?

Barry disarming the Rogues that quickly is boring and pointless.

He couldn't. He had to make them cross the beams. That is just how it is. :woo:

The Empire should have blown up the moon rather than orbiting it to get to the rebel base. Unless of course the recharge of the Death Star takes longer than orbiting a moon.

Sometimes you have to suspend your disbelief.
Yeah yeah, blah blah, Flash could grab the guns out of the rogues hands before they can blink and what a fun filled episode that would be. What would they do for the other 19 minutes of the episode?

It's pretty easy to create reasonable answers to such plot holes. All it takes is a little creative thinking to fill in the gaps.. :shr:

I mean, we're talking about a medium (comics) that has relied on convoluted explanations, insane coincidences and retcons for decades. Maybe within a certain proximity to the cold-gun, Barry's powers are weakened/slowed, even without being shot. Perhaps that's why Snart wears a heavy winter coat all the time, because there's a "cold field" (in the comics, this is mentioned as a "wide beam" for the gun to create invisible "walls" of absolute zero).

This could also explain why he didn't snatch the gun from Leonard on the train during their previous encounter. Who cares if it's never confirmed, fans shouldn't need every little thing spelled out for them. exposition already gets tiresome enough.

This episode was a mixed bag. I liked seeing Barry and Wells make attempts at upping Barry's speed, and the Firestorm stuff was interesting. I didn't even realize that Jason Rusch was going to be involved. Makes me wonder if they're building towards a Firestorm spinoff, which could be really cool. And the stuff with Barry, Joe and Iris was great. They really feel like people who have known each other their whole lives.

Really, REALLY not feeling Purcell here. I've always found him to be a fairly subtle actor, but he's really hamming it up here and he's not one of those actors who are good enough to pull that off without it coming off forced and silly. Also, was he trying to do some weird type of accent? I'm not sure. His speech pattern was definitely strange though. Miller was great though. Loving him as Cold, even if his hood is a little silly.

However, my biggest issue was with how both the Flash and the cops dealt with Cold and Heatwave. I can suspend disbelief, but COME ON. Hey cops, you know you have GUNS, right? You can USE them when a couple of psychos try to burn and/or freeze all of you to death. We've all seen cops use deadly force over much less. Never mind how these guys are so cocky they actually TOLD you exactly where they were going to be and you didn't think to have a sniper on a roof nearby?

And then, Barry, can someone explain to me why, if you're so fast that you can run from Joe's house to your own, pack up all your belongings and make it back all in less than five seconds, you can't quickly run up to these two idiots and grab their guns off of them before they even know what happened?

Seriously, I love this show. But it's moments like this that really bug me. Do better, Flash writers. Understand that your character is so fast that normal people shouldn't be able to get the drop on him. Stop making him (and the Central City cops) look like idiots.

Then again, those are the same cops who allowed ONE guy to take their entire station hostage, so...

My thoughts, exactly.

Why do they do these things in the comics? These are adaptations of comic stories more or less.

One thing they could do is reduce the super reflexes a bit. Maybe not practical, but you can at least trip him in that case.

But you need the super reflexes. It's one of the necessary secondary powers required for super speed to work. Otherwise, Barry would be crashing into walls, etc each time he runs.

Well, I said reduce, not eliminate, but, yes, his super speed would be limited by the need to do that as well. The run all the way across the city would be difficult. It's not ideal (although I'd argue his reflexes are plot-specific as well), but it's an option.

Good episode but c'mon!!! Crossing the rays to stop them???

Umm.. While Flash is distracting them, the police should have been shooting at them instead of standing around.

Or the Flash could have grabbed both their guns with super speed

[YT]4Ugebzq3juE[/YT]

The simplest way to explain why Barry isn't OP is to explain that his super speed and his thinking-speed work in an inverse relationship. For example, if he's having a monologue while Iris is drawing breath, he can't move. If he's racing along at the speed of sound, his thoughts can't move that fast. Obviously it's not a direct inverse because otherwise he'd crash into stuff as soon as he shifted into super speed but something along that line would work.

Love this show but the Flashes speed seemed very inconsistant in this ep. Why didn't he just run up to each of them and take their guns?

Maybe the showrunners should give out No-Prizes to make you guys happy.:o

At the end of every episode,Jesse L. Martin comes out with the winning letter."And the winner for giving the best excuse for why Flash didn't just run up and knock out the bad guy last week is..."

I concur with most about the fact that this episode was great.

I have one "complain" in fact, that spoiled it a bit : this episode was ambitious, 2 rogues, 2 guns with sfx + flash sfx, quite a lot of ambition. All right. But the FX about the guns seemed really cheap to me. Expecially during the final fight in fact.
At several moments, when cold and heatwave are firing at flash the FX are not in sync at all with the acting. I recall one moment when W. Miller is acting like he is reloading in order to re-fire immediately, while the coldgun keep firing ignoring Miller's actions/acting.

For the very first time in this show, I realized it was a tv show. Maybe it was just too ambitious, that's fine, but the results made it appear cheap. I know it's a difficult balance to make the most of it in every episode, but this, somehow "broke" the "beauty of the episode.
The consequence of that is that I fear for Grodd appearance a bit.
That being said, I love every bit of the episode and hadn't enough of Purcell and Miller facing each other. Clearly 2 excellent choices!

Not the best episode of the series I am afraid, in fact I would say it was one of the least enjoyable so far but that is just a testament to the quality of the show so far

Performances were good and the Barry and Wells stuff continues to be the highlight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"