The Flash The Flash Season 1 Episode 17 "Tricksters"

The Caped Knight

Shield Avenger
Reaction score
5lnqzq.jpg

MARK HAMILL (“STAR WARS”) REPRISES HIS ROLE AS THE TRICKSTER — A copycat killer who goes by the name “The Trickster” (guest star Devon Graye) starts setting off bombs in Central City. In order to stop the villain, Barry (Grant Gustin) and Joe (Jesse L. Martin) meet with the original Trickster, a criminal mastermind named James Jesse (guest star Mark Hamill), who has been imprisoned for 20 years. Things quickly go from bad to worse when the Tricksters unite and take Henry (John Wesley Shipp) prisoner. Meanwhile, Iris (Candice Patton) asks Eddie (Rick Cosnett) for help with a case, and flashbacks show how Harrison Wells (Tom Cavanagh) came up with the idea for the particle accelerator. Ralph Hemecker directed the episode written by Andrew Kreisberg (#117). Original airdate 3/31/2015.​

Last edited:
Wow, I just realized that this show now has actors that have played Lex Luthor and the Joker from the DCAU.lol

Imagine if we were to get an episode featuring both Clancy and Mark interacting with each other.

Wow, I just realized that this show now has actors that have played Lex Luthor and the Joker from the DCAU.lol

Imagine if we were to get an episode featuring both Clancy and Mark interacting with each other.

Do we know if Clancy Brown will have any more appearances on the show or is it safe to assume that Grodd killed the s*** out of Eiling?

Last edited:
Do we know if Clancy Brown will have any more appearances on the show or is it safe to assume that Grodd killed the s*** out of Eiling.

We didn't see a body so it's up in the air. I'm surprised that they've gone as far as killing Stagg and possibly Eiling, thus killing off some villains who have a fair bit of story potential.

Eiling especially would seem like a waste of potential and groundwork they've set up; the description he gives of his end goals for the FIRESTORM research sound exactly like the nuclear man he's commonly tied to in Captain Atom. Plus, he was actually an engaging threat and they did leave him with a character who could theoretically wipe his mind after a few hours of torture...

I do love the shot of Hamill in this trailer where he's backlit. Gives the character a nice air of menace to contrast with his comedic nature. I'm really curious how much this show's going to echo the Joker with their Trickster approach. You know they probably want to. It's just a question of should they.

They outright showed Stagg being stabbed, whereas Eiling was just dragged away by Grodd. I am 90% certain Eiling will show up again.

Based off the trailer, we'll be seeing homage to the 90's two episodes of The Flash. THE TRICKSTER & TRIAL OF THE TRICKSTER. I wonder if they'll incorporate flashback sequences that may show us achieve footage of young Mark Hamill. Also will they be using the classic theme of the Trickster that Shirley Walker had created?

You know, if they end up revealing that time has been changed before, and that the 90s Flash show *used* to be part of their history before time got whacked with a mallet? It'd make all the badly done Iris romangst worth it.

Wow, I can't believe they actually broke out Hamill's old Trickster costume for this. I love them for that.

The bomb that was tied to Barry where he had to keep running reminds me of the one used in Justice League: Doom

Outside of the upcoming Reverse Flash stuff, this episode is the one I'm most excited for. :up:

I kind of feel bad for the actor that's playing the modern day/2nd version of the Trickster. I mean, no matter how good he ends up being, I can't see him topping Mark who I can easily becoming a fan favorite villain on this show.

Awe Yeah!

I hope to hear Shirley's Walker's Trickster theme referenced .

Last edited:
Mark's trickster was the stand out villain of the old Flash show so I'm glad they brought him back again.

yeah he was the first costume villain of the series

Then he goes on to voice Batman's arch-Nemesis THE JOKER!

I except to see and hear nods of his Jokerish persona in this episode.

I just hope that they don't dumb down Barry too much in this episode.

I think the Trickster's biggest arsenal against someone like the Flash is his ability to be spontaneous, catching the Flash off his guard at times....which is really the only way to take on a speedster without either slowing him down or matching his speed.

Gonna be a good episode I hope and not a "jump the shark" moment just to boost ratings.
But I do have faith in Mark Hamill. Cannot wait :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"