The Flash The Flash Season 1 Episode 17 "Tricksters"

Establishing that Harrison Wells was a real person who originally invented the particle accelerator independent of Thawne’s machinations is an effective way to avoid a potential time-paradox situations.

Hamill was great.
"You've all been given an antidote". "That wasn't very sanitary" :)

Flash vibrating through solid objects like in the comics was cool.

Last edited:
Using pictures and references from his episodes of the old show. :applaud
And this Trickster is more Joker than Trickster.

I don't know how the producers, writers, et al keep doing it, but they've managed to capture lightning in a bottle with the Flash. This episode was pure magic. And that preview for upcoming episodes at the end? Icing on the cake.

Well except for the whole "lying to Iris in order to protect her, even though it does nothing of the kind" cliché. So irritating/overused. Plus it makes her look like an idiot for buying that lame excuse that Eddie gave her for Mason's going missing.

Oh, looking like a idiot or being kept in the dark is the least thing that Iris has to worry about when it comes to that particular factor in making her look bad.lol

But I'm glad that she wasn't a major factor in tonight's episode. Honestly, every time she appears on screen, I end up hoping that the scene will go by quickly.

Okay, so here's a list of what we know or potentially know about the "Prime" (Original) Timeline for this show, where the Reverse Flash hadn't gone back and killed Nora Allen in the process:

1. Wells and his wife had gotten successfully married to each other, where they eventually created the Particle Accelerator...in 2020 (6-7 years later when compared to the new timeline). It's also suggested that unlike in the new/present timeline, the accelerator didn't explode in the Prime one.

2. Barry supposedly received his powers much later in the Prime Timeline (2020), which means that he only had been the Flash for about 4 years by the time period from which the new article is dated from that Wells keeps checking up on.

3. Oliver had never revealed his identity for the entire public to know of, hence why Wells (Thawne) didn't know who the Arrow was.

4. Apparently, in the Prime timeline, the likes of Cold and Heatwave had not existed...otherwise, Wells would have known on how to deal with them when they first showed up.

I wonder how Barry Prime was aware of Thawne's attempt to murder his young self in the first place since Thawne came from way into Barry prime's future? It seems that Barry prime had to travel to Thawne's time first then chase him into the past.

See this episode was not only nostalgic because it featured Mark Hamill who totally gave an exceptional performance as The Trickster, (he better come back in season 2). But the whole backstory of Thawn/Reverse Flash and his connection to Harrison Wells is pivotal piece that just adds more depth to Thawn genius as Mastermind manipulation. I'm loving the complexity the writers have brought to The Flash. Nice cameo by the 90's officer Bellows now the Mayor of Central City lol.

I loved the flashback sequence battle between The Flash vs. Zoom was nice on the night of Nora death

Last edited:
Mayor is played one of the two goofy cops from the old show, and he kept his name.
There's Murph, and I keep forgetting the name of the other one, even after seing his name as mayor.

Mayor is played one of the two goofy cops from the old show, and he kept his name.
There's Murph, and I keep forgetting the name of the other one, even after seing his name as mayor.

...and hearing Hamill's perfect delivery of a terrible pun on his name.

wow...this show...this show
the first 5 mins
mind blown

THEN THE VADER MOMENT:hmr:

So I went in thinking this ep was just all about the Trickster and then to my huge pleasant surprise... the Wells flashbacks! :awesome: I felt bad for the real Wells. :(

Mark Hamill is my spirit animal...the Vader moment was pure awesome

Nice cameo by the 90's officer Bellows now the Mayor of Central City lol.
Oi, Ck said it before me.

...and hearing Hamill's perfect delivery of a terrible pun on his name.
Sad thing is that I didn't think that was funny.

So I went in thinking this ep was just all about the Trickster and then to my huge pleasant surprise... the Wells flashbacks! :awesome: I felt bad for the real Wells. :(
I know that feeling.

Sad thing is that I didn't think that was funny.

You know who else didn't think it was funny? The people at the party.

Mark Hamill is my spirit animal...the Vader moment was pure awesome

Y'know... when he said that line, I was racking my brain... "This is significant for some reason... why? Joker wouldn't say that... King Ozai never had a line like that."

I really was completely lost until just now.

I couldn't understand why they had to lie about Mason Bridge i mean i know people can't stand Journalist but this guy was a good guy and was murdered for trying to get to the truth about Wells. now their covering it up someone elses murder that was annoying that Barry and the rest had to cover it up and not ever let the truth come out about what happened to Mason.

And as for the Trickster that was so cool seeing Mark and the original flash share scenes together.

I know Hamill did the Trickster before he voiced the Joker but I couldn't help thinking Joker with him. That being said that did not take away from the Episode because Hamill was great and he looks like he was having so much fun. I really like this episode not only did we get Mark as the trickster we got some more backstory on Wells/Thwayne.

This episode was a widely divergent mixed bag to me. First off, I HATE cackling, humor based villains(they're so lowest common denominator). Green Goblin, Joker, etc. never cared for them but the Tricksters here are far worse. Every time they were on screen it was nails meeting the chalkboard. So big points get taken off for that. But thankfully just about everything else was firing on all cylinders. Over-all I give this episode a 7/10 which is still a step down from the last couple of episodes.

Lestcher says it's a long-term plan for his Eobard.

Was it pitched as a one off appearance or with a potential to return?
He’ll definitely be back — I’ll be back this season. It was definitely pitched as something that they would like to develop in some way, beyond this year even, possibly. I’m especially interested to see what it does for Tom and his character on the show — I think it presents a delicious conundrum for fans and for the writers themselves on how they’re going to handle it.
Excellent, he looks just like Zoom from the comics. Like, he just walked out of them. I think Barry goes back in time and saves Wells which is how they keep him on the show.

he probably just said that to keep Barry from messing up his plans. He has no qualms about changing history.

I don't think so. In that episode he had a sort of half mumbled line along the lines of "imagine how difficult it would be when you had many years worth of history to preserve". I think he was speaking of experience and referring to the fact that he has been going for 15 years trying to make sure that he only alters very specific things and not others, and it ultimately has tunred out to be very difficult, even for him.

I didn't expect Barry to reveal his identity to two people - his dad and Eddie Thawne.

It was kinda implied a good while back, when his dad was looking at the picture in the newspaper that Iris took, that he recognized Barry. And it was even implied that Barry silently understood that his dad knows...

One thing they need to change for the blu-ray is fixing Barry's voice. He shouted with his real voice in front everyone, including Iris standing few feet away from him. I know that she's stupid but come on! Other than that, great episode!

Well except for the whole "lying to Iris in order to protect her, even though it does nothing of the kind" cliché. So irritating/overused. Plus it makes her look like an idiot for buying that lame excuse that Eddie gave her for Mason's going missing.

Yeah, I kinda want to hear Eddie argue for telling her, as he seems to want to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"