The Flash The Flash Season 1, Episode 18 "All-Star Team Up" General Discussion

herolee10

No More Miracles
Reaction score
B_xu_Y7v_WYAAmzqs_jpg_large.jpg
AR315_C_ATOM_0001_W2_v.jpg

ARROW’S FELICITY SMOAK (EMILY BETT RICKARDS) AND RAY PALMER (BRANDON ROUTH) ARRIVE IN CENTRAL CITY; EMILY KINNEY (“The Walking Dead”) GUETS STARS AS BRIE LARVIN — Barry (Grant Gustin) is surprised when Felicity Smoak (guest star Emily Bett Rickards) arrives from Starling City along with her boyfriend, Ray Palmer (guest star Brandon Routh), who flies in as the Atom. They’ve come to visit S.T.A.R. Labs as Ray needs help with his suit. Their timing turns out to be fortuitous because it’s all hands on deck after a meta human named Brie Larvin (guest star Emily Kinney) unleashes hundreds of robotic bees to attack and kill her former co-workers, including Dr. Tina McGee (guest star Amanda Pays). A group dinner with Barry, Felicity, Ray, Iris (Candice Patton) and Eddie (Rick Cosnett) turns into a disaster. Kevin Tancharoen directed the episode written by Grainne Godfree & Kai Yu Wu.

Tina McGee back!

They should get her in some scenes with Barry's dad.

Assuming if I read it right, one of the producers revealed that the events of this episode was actually supposed to take place AFTER Deathbolt's appearance on "Arrow", where Atom and Arrow team up to take him down. This would explain why Ray comes to Star Labs to help get his suit repaired.

Who is that in the pipeline at 52 seconds. Doesn't look like Mist...

That looks rather OMG!

But it's in two weeks' time. Hate these random breaks!

Maybe we gotta wait two weeks because they needed another week for production/effects editing?

The group shot in the promo of Flash, Arrow and Firestorm is superb, although I'm not sure if it's for this episode or a later one. The tv JL is shaping up nicely now: Arrow, Flash, Firestorm, Atom, Black Canary, Arsenal and hopefully Supergirl ( if her show is set in the arrow-verse). Plus Cisco is yet to become Vibe.

Break? So no episode tonight? ****.

Why so many breaks?

The breaks are scheduled into their production time to give them more time to work on certain episodes that are more cgi heavy than others. There are 23 episodes in this season they just can't have them all ready to go at one time since it takes a lot of time to shoot them & then do the cgi for them. So we either get reruns during their hiatuses or we would have to do without. Maybe WB/DC should start doing like an 8 week mini-series with one of their obscure characters like Marvel have started doing like with its Agent Carter series which helped fill the void of not having AOS for the 8 week period that it wasn't on.

The breaks are scheduled into their production time to give them more time to work on certain episodes that are more cgi heavy than others. There are 23 episodes in this season they just can't have them all ready to go at one time since it takes a lot of time to shoot them & then do the cgi for them. So we either get reruns during their hiatuses or we would have to do without. Maybe WB/DC should start doing like an 8 week mini-series with one of their obscure characters like Marvel have started doing like with its Agent Carter series which helped fill the void of not having AOS for the 8 week period that it wasn't on.
Arrow is off too though and it doesn't typically rely on CGI. Not doubting your knowledge, just an observation.

All shows do this though. They all start around the same time and end around the same time because they have similar breaks.

Arrow is off too though and it doesn't typically rely on CGI. Not doubting your knowledge, just an observation.

Arrow does require effects works, it's just subtle. Every time an arrow is fired - it's a CGI effect. Blood spatters from non existant swords. Removing wires. Flying effects, holographic projections of the ATOM suit, extending backgrounds, adding buildings....

There are tons more on the show but the effects just aren't as obvious.

Arrow does require effects works, it's just subtle. Every time an arrow is fired - it's a CGI effect. Blood spatters from non existant swords. Removing wires. Flying effects, holographic projections of the ATOM suit, extending backgrounds, adding buildings....

There are tons more on the show but the effects just aren't as obvious.

I imagine the more extensive stunt work might also require extra time, both for multiple takes and for recovery between big stunt scenes ( to avoid injuries ).

I guess I'm just saying, why not take a long break for the mid-season (Agents of Shield style) to avoid cutting the show's momentum with the multiple smaller breaks?

I guess I'm just saying, why not take a long break for the mid-season (Agents of Shield style) to avoid cutting the show's momentum with the multiple smaller breaks?

Because they had nothing new to put on television during the gap like AOS did with "Agent Carter".

Plus, this is the show's first Season. They would have to re-air every episode till its winter break until the show came back on with new episodes, with several old episodes needing to be played more than once.

And I don't think really think that a long break like AOS is necessarily a good thing. I think a large break like that can really do more harm for a show's momentum than taking a short break every now and then in the long run.

Because they had nothing new to put on television during the gap like AOS did with "Agent Carter".

Plus, this is the show's first Season. They would have to re-air every episode till its winter break until the show came back on with new episodes, with several old episodes needing to be played more than once.

And I don't think really think that a long break like AOS is necessarily a good thing. I think a large break like that can really do more harm for a show's momentum than taking a short break every now and then in the long run.

I agree with this, Gotham's currently taking an absurdly long break, and I honestly think that break may well take the shows legs out from under it.

I agree with this, Gotham's currently taking an absurdly long break, and I honestly think that break may well take the shows legs out from under it.
I don't watch Gotham so I couldn't give an opinion on that, but I like how AOS did it. And I didn't even watch Agent Carter.

I'm a little confused how this episode matches up with Arrow due to the scheduling issues. Could someone please explain the order?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"