The Flash The Flash Season 1, Episode 5 "Plastique" General Discussion

Sawyer

Definitely Not 40
Reaction score
tumblr_naxghmPx321qer8czo1_500.jpg

http://www.spoilertv.com/2014/10/the-cw-primetime-press-releases-various_24.html
TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 11

THE FLASH
“Plastique” — (8:00-9:00 p.m. ET) (Content Rating TBD) (HDTV)

KELLY FRYE GUEST STARS AS DC COMICS’ PLASTIQUE AND CLANCY BROWN GUEST STARS AS GENERAL EILING — After a bomb goes off downtown, the army, led by General Eiling (guest star Clancy Brown), rolls in and takes over the case, much to Joe’s (Jesse Martin) surprise. Suspicious, Joe tells Barry (Grant Gustin) that he and his friends at S.T.A.R. Labs should look into the army’s involvement. Wells (Tom Cavanagh) informs the team that Eiling was experimenting on his men to turn them into super soldiers. Cisco (Carlos Valdes) confirms one of Eiling’s soldiers, Bette Sans Souci (guest star Kelly Frye), was at the bomb site. The Flash tracks her down and realizes that she’s not setting off the bombs, she is a meta-human who can blow things up just by touching them. Meanwhile, when Joe learns Iris is writing about “the streak,” he tells Barry to make her stop. Barry realizes Iris won’t listen to him so he decides to have The Flash pay her a visit. Dermott Downs directed the episode written by Aaron Helbing & Todd Helbing & Brooke Eikmeier (#105). Original airdate 11/11/2014.
Dat Clancy Brown. I can't wait.

The Flash 1x05 Promo "Plastique"

[YT]Zt5rIRYrtkA[/YT]

[YT]ihaFoldMZYA[/YT]Grant on the view

Clip from episode 5 at the beginning and than another little one at 2:41. Not sure if second one is from same episode.

[YT]ihaFoldMZYA[/YT]Grant on the view

Clip from episode 5 at the beginning and than another little one at 2:41. Not sure if second one is from same episode.

wow that was awesome

Why are they taking a week off?

Some stations, such as WGN in Chicago, are doing election coverage in that time slot. I suspect that enough CW affiliates are doing that to make it worth not airing a new episode.

Sounds interesting. Can't wait til next week. There's more Iris/Flash interaction. It's probably gonna be Superman/Lois and Spider-Man/Mary-Jane-esq.

I'm surprised that this thread is so quiet tonight.

My channel is not even playing The Flash. They are playing some **** called The Doctors ?

Literally got goosebumps with Grodd. That was a perfect introduction!

Good ep, I hope Grodd works out ok.

Good episode, but sad that we've seen the end of Plastique (or have we?).

Also just wanna add, I love how much fun this show is having with itself. The scene with Barry doing his voice changing thing with Joe west was such a cool character moment between the two.

Last edited:
I guess they went The Planet Of The Apes route with Grodd

Last edited:
I was hoping that he got a new suit since his got blown up. I guess we'll have to wait until Cisco's 2nd and 3rd suit get trashed as well.

The Good:

- The chemistry between Barry and Joe.

- The effects. Oh my goodness, the effects.

- Clancy Brown's voice sounds what sex feels like.

- Iris is finally becoming relevant.

- Danielle Panabaker is finally starting to act like a real person.

The Bad:

- Barry "breaking up" with Iris. That's not going to do anything but create forced, unnecessary drama.

- Bette referring to Barry by his first name while they're surrounded by soldiers.

- Barry taking his mask off while he's surrounded by soldiers.

The Okay:

- I'm beginning to lose interest in Harrison Wells. He's been doing the same **** since the pilot.

- Bette. She was here one moment and dead the next. She was okay, but I won't remember her tomorrow.

- I don't know if I buy Iris not recognizing Barry's voice. He still sounded a lot like himself, but I can also see her being thrown off by the vibration. We'll call it a nonissue for now.

It was a bit of a step down from last week, but absolutely better than the week before that. Season one is shaping up to be solid. I don't think it's as good as a lot of people seem to, but I'm enjoying the ride.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"