• Rings of Power

Fantasy TV is now The Lord of the Rings!

• We're moving

Heroes are moving to the Movies sections!

The Flash The Flash Season 2 Episode 12: "Fast Lane"

herolee10

No More Miracles
Reaction score
serie-the-flash-630x335.jpg

Barry (Grant Gustin) teams up with Wells (Tom Cavanagh) to figure out a way to close the breaches, but they are distracted by a meta-human nicknamed Tar Pit (guest star Marco Grazzini) who can transform into liquid asphalt. Iris (Candice Patton) is concerned for Wally’s (Keiynan Lonsdale) safety after she finds out about his drag racing hobby. When he refuses to stop she makes a bold move that puts her in danger. Rachel Talalay directed the episode with story by Brooke Eikmeier and teleplay by Kai Yu Wu & Joe Peracchio.

TV SPOT
[YT] SKTSuTn6C0g[/YT]

"she makes a bold move that puts her in danger."

The writers are back to this again. All I care about is if we're gonna get more coverage on Zoom. I hope some questions are answered in this episode. There needs to be big reveals now that we're heading down the end of 2B.

I guess one way to make Wally West likeable is to make Iris really unlikeable next to him.

I'm kind of surprised it took the team this long to tackle the breaches and trying to close them

Bahaha, Wally was checkin out his sister. :hehe:

I liked this episode much better than last week's. It felt a lot tighter, and wasn't a complete filler, even though it was kinda heading into Smallville season 1 territory.

I thought this was a good West family episode. It was the best I've seen Wally that's for sure. I knew Harry was going to crack, so he's not a total ass.

I liked this episode a lot. And Tar Pit looked awesome! I just wish we saw more of him, but it was cool nonetheless.

The drag racing plot felt like they wanted to do a preachy and cheesy anti-drug story but couldn't so they used drag racing addition as a stand-in instead.

I love that we are going to Earth-2 next week. This Zoom storyline is picking up some speed (no pun intended) after getting kind of stagnant.

Enjoyed the episode, some great character development for the Wests and Dr. Wells, and managed to move the season's A-plot forward a fair bit.

Last edited:
Decent episode, nearly sunk by the boring West family drama but saved by the Zoom subplot. I'm excited about their impending trip to Earth 2.

Anyone else think the acting from the black-haired goon when Tarpit was confronting him was some of the worst ever?

I thought this was a good West family episode. It was the best I've seen Wally that's for sure. I knew Harry was going to crack, so he's not a total ass.
he just want's his kid back but nah he's not A hole . we've seen what joes willing to do to protect barry , iris and
( wally) down the road, he's been black mailed too .

even though at times joe is very quick (way too quick) to write people off . but earth 2 Dr.wells does have conscious and knows barry was willing to help him and felt bad for what happened to his friend and Allie's family. I was hoping earth 2 dr.wells was working on a plan to screw zoom over with drugging the speed force on a time delay to make zoom fail .

but but earth 2 dr. wells had no way of tracking his daughter down. but it's good that he told them and barry got the others to understand especially joe (who has been in near similar thing, but tends to forget).

Aside from Zoom and Wells, I felt this was one of the weakest episodes of the season and of the series in general. The Fast and the Furious stuff and the very smallville-ian villain just didn't work for me.

That said, next week looks like they're gonna get back in gear . This was a typical filler transition episode.

Solid episode. I like the West family dynamic. Glad they seemed to have brought an end to ******** Wally and hopefully the family bond is now strong.

Really missing Jay in this one. Jay was right about Wells every single time.

Tar Pit was done very well. I understand how expensive the CGI is and they made the most out of it.

The drag racing plot felt like they wanted to do a preachy and cheesy anti-drug story but couldn't so they used drag racing addition as a stand-in instead.

I doubt they wanted to do a drug story but couldn't. For starters, I don't know why they couldn't. They had Laurel addicted to pills in Arrow. Wally's mom used drugs. More importantly, though, the whole point of the story is that Wally likes to go fast. It's supposed to be foreshadowing that he'll get the speed force and become the Flash. Obviously, that wouldn't work with drugs.

Now maybe they're approaching it as they would a drug story, but this is clearly what they intended the story to be from the beginning.

I don't think Iris was unlikable, I liked her, reckless decisions and all.
Wally's comment seeing his sister in the race track is funny.
I really enjoyed everything with Wells in this episode.

Biggest gripe:
Barry asked his team for advice on how to handle the metahuman, AGAIN, after a while of making up his own strategies.

I dug this episode. Can't wait for next week!

Cool episode. I liked everyone was good in this except meta of the week. Cisco and Kaitlyn were getting things done and the Wests had good development. I think they found Iris' niche. Joe blackballed her from the police academy so she's doing the next best thing, investigative journalism.

I liked the episode. I liked the West family plot. I like the Harry Wells plot as well.

The actor who played Tar Pit was 'meh'. I liked how his final form outside police headquarters was exactly how he looked in the comics.

I still don't understand the Iris hate.

The street racing plot just reminded me of the Joel Schumacher's Batman & Robin as well as the terrible Fantastic Four film from last year in which Human Torch was also a street racer.

This Episode was solid for the most part. But man, I goddamn hate Barry barely being able to do anything on his own. Did he seriously ask how to take down a guy made of hot tar?

Don't know if it was on purpose, but Barry choosing to not "close the breaches and forgetting about Earth-2" reminds me of the Syrian Refugee Crisis. Either way, good on Barry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cap2024
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"