The Flash The Flash season 2 episode 13 "Welcome to Earth-2"

KillerMcQueen

Superhero
Reaction score
BARRY VISITS EARTH-2 – Barry, Wells and Cisco journey to Earth-2 to rescue Wells’ daughter, Jesse from Zoom. Barry is stunned when he runs into Earth-2 Iris and Joe, but nothing prepares him for meeting Killer Frost and Deathstorm. Meanwhile, back on Earth-1, Jay has to take over the Flash’s responsibilities when a meta-human nicknamed Geomancer attacks Central City. Millicent Shelton directed the episode written by Greg Berlanti & Andrew Kreisberg and Katherine Walczak.

Extended Promo
[YT]/watch?v=eQqAGNFulNI[/YT]

the-flash-killer-frost-the-cw-400x242.jpg

Last edited:
Killer Frost! So stoked for this episode. :D

Personally, I'm glad that this whole adventure to "Earth-2" is going to have 2 episodes dedicated to it.

Ever since it was announced/revealed that Barry and company would be traveling to Earth-2, I've been waiting in anticipation for this episode arc.

Also, from what I've read, they'll finally put Jay back into good use since he'll supposedly have to fill in Barry's shoes on Earth-1 while Barry is away, allowing the character to somehow get back into his Flash mode.

I do wonder how he's to fill in, without his speed, though.

I think he's going to use that Velocity serum that Wells and Caitlin had developed earlier this season.

Hopefully that will start to regenerate a previously undetected remnant of the speed force in his system.

Looking forward to this episode big time !

Looks like Joe might be doing some singing in this episode. Isn't he a singer as well in real life? I think he's been in some stage productions on Broadway.

Looks like Joe might be doing some singing in this episode. Isn't he a singer as well in real life? I think he's been in some stage productions on Broadway.

Isn't most of the main cast actually fairly adept at singing?

Isn't most of the main cast actually fairly adept at singing?

I don't know about some of the others. I know Danielle Panabaker deliberately made herself sound really bad at singing, but whether she's like that in real life is another matter. Don't know about Iris, Cisco or Wells.

Unless my eyes are mistaken, it seems like we're going to have yet another surprise guest star, via in Earth-2 Form....

FLA213a_0110b.jpg

Isn't that Floyd Lawton (Deadshot) at the far left?

Yeah, he originated the Tom Collins role in RENT (and reprised it for the awful movie adaptation).

Unless my eyes are mistaken, it seems like we're going to have yet another surprise guest star, via in Earth-2 Form....

FLA213a_0110b.jpg

Isn't that Floyd Lawton (Deadshot) at the far left?
Yup, I just heard about it and it's quite surprising.

Also, I just learned that this is a two-part episode. I love that news because they really needed an extended stay in Earth 2.

Is it a two part episode? If so, that's great. It would be a shame to be so short a stay.

You'd be correct. Jesse L Martin (Joe West's actor) started as a stage actor before branching out into film/television; with one of his most notable roles being one of the original cast member to the musical, RENT:

[YT]Fi9srqFqCFo[/YT]

As a side note, anyone else digging the 1920s/30s-ish "art deco" theme they're going with for Earth-2?

Last edited:
As a side note, anyone else digging the 1920s/30s-ish "art deco" theme they're going with for Earth-2?
I like it, but it kinda feel like a copout to the fact that Jay is supposed to be from the past, so instead of doing that, they're incorporating him into the story and having him be from the same time period on a different Earth that hasn't evolved into our version of modernity. It's a cool idea, but the Jay/Hunter things throws it off a bit for me.

Yes. As a Fallout fan and someone who grew up on BTAS and the Fleischer Superman the 1920's-1950's aesthetic is dopeness. It's part of the reason I'm looking foward to Earth-2. I bet the sets were a ***** to get set up and is probably why it took so long.

Yes. As a Fallout fan and someone who grew up on BTAS and the Fleischer Superman the 1920's-1950's aesthetic is dopeness. It's part of the reason I'm looking foward to Earth-2. I bet the sets were a ***** to get set up and is probably why it took so long.
Huh? The sets are literally the same, maybe with a few subtle changes. The only difference is the light filter they are using.

Huh? The sets are literally the same, maybe with a few subtle changes. The only difference is the light filter they are using.

I'd say it's a combination of light filter and costuming, that differentiates Earth-1 and Earth-2; at least based on indoor shots. Can't remember about external buildings, etc. That said, it makes sense that they'd use some of the same set pieces since Earth-1 already has a slight art deco style to some of its sets (e.g. the police station); though I suspect this was deliberately meant to give it a more "golden age" aesthetic to contrast it to Arrow's "dark age" look.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"