The Flash The Flash season 2 episode 13 "Welcome to Earth-2"

Jay Garrick's E1 doppelganger is a completely different character, as is Henry Allen's 90s-Flash-Earth doppelganger, so it's not out of the question at all to apply the idea that some of the alternate-reality doppelgangers for Eliza, Indigo, Ray, and Jeremiah could be entirely different characters also.

Why is your avy from FINO?

Great episode!
Killer Frost and Deathstorm were awesome. Barry confronting her was the best part. Can't wait to see more of her for 2x14.
Sucks Reverb died, he made Cisco more interesting.
The show should have went with this story line instead of the waste of time relationships bumping and annoying filler. Finally things are picking up.
The silly things like why didn't their watches go off when Barry was in the room was the only off thing. Guess we're supposed to let it slide.
Not feeling the westallen marriage. The actors are forcing the chemistry and it's irritating.
The ending scene was the best part. Curious to see who has the "Diggle get up" tapping on the glass. excited for 14 now!

14 month ratings high!
The Flash’s numbers on Tuesday night were out of this world. And out of the other world, too.
Pending adjustment due to infinitesimal ACC basketball preemptions, the CW’s sophomore sensation drew 3.97 million total viewers and a 1.6 rating, up 8 percent and two tenths to draw its largest audience in virtually a year (since Feb. 17, 2015) and deliver its best demo number since Dec. 2, 2014 (the first #Flarrow crossover).

http://tvline.com/2016/02/10/the-flash-earth-two-episode-ratings/

Jay Garrick's E1 doppelganger is a completely different character,
Not true. It's the same guy. Sure, he was adopted by a different family and took another name, but it's still the same guy.
as is Henry Allen's 90s-Flash-Earth doppelganger, so it's not out of the question at all to apply the idea that some of the alternate-reality doppelgangers for Eliza, Indigo, Ray, and Jeremiah could be entirely different characters also.
Still an Allen, though. And, like I said, they can play with the idea that Barry could look like his dad in a few years. It's a stretch, but it's way more rational than Clark Kent looking exactly like Ray Palmer.

Going back to your original claim, though: no, sharing actors doesn't make it more justified. Quite the opposite.

^ Hunter Zolomon and Jay Garrick are not the same character; neither are HENRY ALLEN and 90s-Flash-Earth BARRY ALLEN.

The characters look the same because they're played by the same actor, but that doesn't make them the same character.

It makes them different characters played by the same actor, and with the way the Arrowverse itself has set up its Multiverse mechanics, it is entirely feasible for the same internal logic to apply should Berlanti and Co. ever decide that they want to officially connect Smallville, Lois & Clark, and the Donnerverse films (specifically Supergirl and Superman Returns) to the "Arrow Multiversal Reality Construct".

^ Hunter Zolomon and Jay Garrick are not the same character;
Their DNA is identical. They were born from the same (alternate) parents. One got adopted by the Zolomon family and has a different name/personality, but it's still the very same person.
neither are HENRY ALLEN and 90s-Flash-Earth BARRY ALLEN.
Like I said, they can play with the idea that a more grown-up 90s-Barry looks exactly like his dad.
The characters look the same because they're played by the same actor, but that doesn't make them the same character.
I didn't say that. But it doesn't make any sense that on one Earth, Clark Kent is a 6-foot japanese-american guy (and coincidentally looks exactly like Earth-3(?) Jeremiah Danvers), on another Earth he's Brandon Routh, which also happens to look exactly like the Ray Palmer of Earth-1 and on another earth he looks like Tom Welling... and on THAT Earth, Kara looks nothing like Melissa Benoist and looks exactly like Indigo.

Utter nonsense.

It makes them different characters played by the same actor, and with the way the Arrowverse itself has set up its Multiverse mechanics, it is entirely feasible for the same internal logic to apply should Berlanti and Co. ever decide that they want to officially connect Smallville, Lois & Clark, and the Donnerverse films (specifically Supergirl and Superman Returns) to the "Arrow Multiversal Reality Construct".
Nnnope. It hasn't worked like that so far, no reason why it should work like that.

Last edited:
Clearly that guy in the mask that Zoom has prisoned is Earth-1 Henry...

It is simple, there are Earths where they are more identical and Earths that have more major changes. We've only seen 2 Earths explored thus far, there are Earths where Barry Allen could be black, where Iris is white, that's how the multiverse works.

Their DNA is identical. They were born from the same (alternate) parents. One got adopted by the Zolomon family and has a different name/personality, but it's still the very same person.

Like I said, they can play with the idea that a more grown-up 90s-Barry looks exactly like his dad.

I didn't say that. But it doesn't make any sense that on one Earth, Clark Kent is a 6-foot japanese-american guy (and coincidentally looks exactly like Earth-3(?) Jeremiah Danvers), on another Earth he's Brandon Routh, which also happens to look exactly like the Ray Palmer of Earth-1 and on another earth he looks like Tom Welling... and on THAT Earth, Kara looks nothing like Melissa Benoist and looks exactly like Indigo.

Utter nonsense.

It's not "utter nonsense"; it's "multiversal" theory and the "many worlds" theory converging within the context of the multiversal mechanics that the Arrowverse itself has established.

Just because you can't seem to understand it doesn't mean it doesn't have validity.

It is simple, there are Earths where they are more identical and Earths that have more major changes. We've only seen 2 Earths explored thus far, there are Earths where Barry Allen could be black, where Iris is white, that's how the multiverse works.
If that's the case, then there are no rules, everything is possible, and DigificWriter's initial assertion that Smallville, L&C and the Donnerverse are more justified to be included in the Multiverse is still wrong.

It's not "utter nonsense"; it's "multiversal" theory and the "many worlds" theory converging within the context of the multiversal mechanics that the Arrowverse itself has established.

Just because you can't seem to understand it doesn't mean it doesn't have validity.
Pot. Kettle. Black.

If they decide to explore Earth 3, first they need to finish up 2, which is already a more exciting Earth than 1. What's going on with Earth 1? Villain of the week? On the positive we got to see Jay finally use his helmet trick which was sweet.

Pot. Kettle. Black.

What?

How in the world is that response justified based on what I said?

There IS validity in the idea I put forth since said idea is very much in line with the multiversal mechanics that have been established thus far for the Arrowverse and its internal Multiverse.

Plus, as was already pointed out, my idea is also in keeping with the broader concept of a Multiverse and the "many worlds" theory.

And did anyone notice Killer Frosts line about enjoying killing people from other Earths? Wonder what other Earths they've encountered.

What?

How in the world is that response justified based on what I said?

There IS validity in the idea I put forth since said idea is very much in line with the multiversal mechanics that have been established thus far for the Arrowverse and its internal Multiverse.
No. Not at all.
Plus, as was already pointed out, my idea is also in keeping with the broader concept of a Multiverse and the "many worlds" theory.
Yes, but... going by that logic, EVERYTHING is fair game, thus your original assertion that these shows are somehow justified (as opposed to the others that aren't?) just because they share actors is, well, again, nonsense.

Earth's where Krypton didn't explode, other earth's where it did. Earth's where Thomas and Martha Wayne didn't die.

No Clark?

12715694_10152909983959364_1888018072288377662_n.jpg

No. Not at all.

Yes, but... going by that logic, EVERYTHING is fair game, thus your original assertion that these shows are somehow justified (as opposed to the others that aren't?) just because they share actors is, well, again, nonsense.

Agree to disagree.

Hoping with these ratings spikes. They finally realize the ratings bonanza they could have if they let Superman or Batman appear.

Was the shot of 90s John Wesley Shipp Flash a scene from the old television series or was it newly shot of someone in a Flash costume? Because looking at the still of the scene it seems like the cowl is different from the 90s television series. I do love the potential this has in terms of overall DC canon and would even love a crossover style episode where Barry meets the 90s Flash. That would be amazing to see. Could possibly use CGI to composite old Flash footage in or cast someone with a strong resemblance to Shipp and put him in the costume.

Was the shot of 90s John Wesley Shipp Flash a scene from the old television series or was it newly shot of someone in a Flash costume? Because looking at the still of the scene it seems like the cowl is different from the 90s television series. I do love the potential this has in terms of overall DC canon and would even love a crossover style episode where Barry meets the 90s Flash. That would be amazing to see. Could possibly use CGI to composite old Flash footage in or cast someone with a strong resemblance to Shipp and put him in the costume.
The symbol in his chest looked different, too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hugoodeww
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"