The flash season 2 episode 17 "Flash Back"

Discussion in 'The Flash' started by WeatherWizard99, Mar 10, 2016.

?

rate the episode

1. 0

2. 1

3. 2

4. 3

5. 4

6. 5

7. 6

8. 7

9. 8

10. 9

11. 10

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. WeatherWizard99 Registered

A MOMENT IN TIME GETS BARRY ONE STEP CLOSER TO ZOOM; ANDY MIENTUS RETURNS AS HARTLEY RATHAWAY – After the shocking revelation that Zoom is Jay Garrick (Teddy Sears), Barry (Grant Gustin) is more determined than ever to get back to Earth-2 to stop Zoom forever. Desperate to find a way to increase his speed, Barry decides to travel back in time and masquerade as his earlier self in order to get his arch-nemesis, Dr. Harrison Wells/Eobard Thawne (Tom Cavanagh), to teach him how to run faster. However, things don’t go as planned and Barry is stunned to face familiar foe Hartley Rathaway (guest star Andy Mientus), as well as old friend Eddie Thawne (guest star Rick Cosnett). Iris (Candice Patton) makes peace with her past in order to embrace her future.

promo : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jos5HeN5rNM

#1 WeatherWizard99, Mar 10, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2016
  2. Dark Raven The Gal from Themyscira

Is this the episode before the crossover? Maybe when he tries to go to Earth 2, on his way back from the past, he ends up on Supergirl's earth?

I wonder if he travelled back as his own venture. Or was it something the rest of Team Flash endorsed? Doesn't sound like it would be.

And why would he be stunned to face Eddie Thawne, when he knows he would be there in the past?

And I'm guessing it means that Team Flash find out that Zoom is Jay?

3. Avenging Angel We have unfinished business.

Doesn't sound like Supergirl is involved. The rest sounds interesting.

4. Dark Raven The Gal from Themyscira

Not saying Supergirl is involved, but the end of the episode might show us how he gets to Supergirl's world, rather than actually featuring that at the beginning of the Supergirl episode and wasting time there.

5. Avenging Angel We have unfinished business.

Yeah I can see that. Continue where it left off. It'll be interesting to see the writers try to tackle time travel again.

6. Batmannerism Super-unknown

Man, not another time travel episode - how are the writers going to **** up time travel this time ?

Will past Barry be there when he shows up ? I hope so, because then at least that will make sense.

Given what Barry knows now, he should be able to kick seven kinds of **** out of Hartley Rathaway, who's a punk-ass ***** to begin with - sorry, I can't think of any better way to describe him.

It will be neat to see Cavanagh as RF again though, as his performance was a little more complex than Matt Letscher's (although he's pretty good ).

7. greenlantern248 Registered

Unfortunately this episode airs the day after he shows up on Supergirl. Episode 16 airs 3/22, Flash on Supergirl airs 3/28, this episode airs 3/29

8. Dark Raven The Gal from Themyscira

So is it set after the crossover rather than before? If it is set before, then maybe they have no choice but to screen it a day after because of the scheduling, which would be a shame.

It would be good to know for sure, so that I could watch them in the correct order if necessary.

9. Avenging Angel We have unfinished business.

I wanna watch them chronologically too. Whatever Flash leaves off Supergirl picks up.

10. Dark Raven The Gal from Themyscira

I wish someone would say which order it is supposed to be in. It seems more logical for "Flash Back" to be set chronologically before "Worlds Finest", with Barry using his knowledge gained from this adventure to try to open a portal to Earth 2 (but ending up in the wrong place).

It doesn't really seem to follow as well with Barry going back to the past after going to Kara's world. But who knows what they have planned exactly.

11. Mysteryman Registered

Most likely, The incident that transports Barry to Supergirls world takes place in the episode itself and not in an episode of The Flash.

12. Dark Raven The Gal from Themyscira

That seems a waste of time having that on Supergirl, because it would need to explain certain things to set it up properly. It's better to actually do that on the Flash instead and spend Supergirl on the more fun stuff like them meeting and teaming up.

13. Avenging Angel We have unfinished business.

I thought it was gonna be a Flash episode too. Isn't that the point of these crossovers? I actually wanna see what they do with it. Still, time travel isn't heavy on Supergirl.

14. The Caped Knight Shield Avenger

Interesting so we get Reverse Flash/Thawn back. Happy for Cavanagh to be able to return to that role again.

15. Dark Raven The Gal from Themyscira

I wonder if Barry goes there of his own accord. Or do Team Flash suggest it and help him to go back to the past? I don't know if they would endorse such a thing as he could change the past.

16. Ninjablade Not as bad as it looks

So based on the Supergirl preview, it looks like
    Barry will use the tachyon device that Thawne was using to try and gain speed. I assume he'll probably get that in this episode and that's how he'll be able to travel between dimensions.

17. 1stNameSid Registered

I can't wait for this show to come back. In the mean time I've worked on this side project. The Flash and Arrow star in this buddy sitcom animation! I'm hoping to lead this up to a full Justice League.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXbAo3nDQS8

18. WeatherWizard99 Registered

19. Avenging Angel We have unfinished business.

They didn't really need a whole month off, especially when it's off centered with the continuity, good to have it back though. Hopefully no more long breaks.

20. Shade20xx Registered

I'm actually kind of disappointed that Supergirl's universe is an alternate to The Flash's. Seems like they could have fit together as a shared universe.

21. metaphysician Not a Side-Kick

No, they couldn't. Not with the way the Supergirl show actually is. The Arrowverse hasn't had Superman running around for ten years.

22. Shade20xx Registered

Ah, I didn't realize that. I only watch Arrow intermittently.

23. Spooderman Registered

But if you also watched the Flash you'd know that superhumans weren't public until the particle accelerator exploded.

24. Shade20xx Registered

But was it established that that was the case in the entire world, or just Central City?

25. terry78 baby, that chicken was dry...real dry