The Flash season 2 episode 20 "Rupture"

Discussion in 'The Flash' started by KillerMcQueen, Apr 26, 2016.

?

Rate "Rupture"

1. 10

2. 9

3. 8

4. 7

5. 6

6. 5

7. 4

8. 3

9. 2

10. 1

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. haephestus Registered

I agree. Apparently he's conquered Earth 1 and chooses to spend his time in his abandoned mine evil lair doing evil stuff, like imprisoning some guy in an iron mask and poorly wooing Caitlin (although he probably had a better chance with Killer Frost, even though he killed her husband). And now he wants to do the same on Earth 2. Does he want to kill everyone? Does he want to enslave everyone? Or is he so psychotic that he has no real end goal or plan now that he has achieved his dream of being the number 1 speedster?

2. Quasar Registered

Haven't watched the ep yet, but I can't wait for the seasons of all the CW shows to be over. Since they started showing baseball games, it's been kind of a nightmare recording shows. Last night The Flash was scheduled to start at 9:30, but I checked a little after 7 just to be sure. What's this? The Flash is on! Quick, hit the record button. Check back around 8, and the baseball game is on. Do a quick rewind to see that they were showing The Flash then suddenly switched over to the game mid-ep. Check back at 8:30 to see if the game is still on. Nope! The Flash is back on already, over an hour earlier than scheduled! Fantastic! Hit record again. Now I have a recorded show that appears to be the baseball game but is really part of The Flash and all of Containment all in one show. So fun!

3. terry78 baby, that chicken was dry...real dry

This Zoom is indeed crazy. The thing that warped him as a child with his parents probably just made him want to have control, constantly.

4. inkblaster Registered

I'm hoping next week that Barry is in the Speed Force, and actually learns to use it. Up till now he's had no manual and been kinda dumb about using it, compared to Reverse Flash and Zoom who seem to have it figured out much better, even Jay had to show him about throwing lightning.
    I'm thinking the man in the Mask may be Barry's uncle or brother. In the 90s series, it was Barry Allen's brother Jay that died, causing him to take up fighting crime, if Garrick is a family name, could be Henry or Barry Allen's brother Jay, who's using his mother's maiden name Garrick.

#54 inkblaster, May 4, 2016
    Last edited: May 4, 2016
  5. FeedOnATreeFrog (A Metal Gear reference)

Is the episode not online in the US?

6. Bats1690 Registered

He made his motivation clear last week, which is to bring every Earth he comes across to its knees.

I'm also not sure why people think the RF had such a great motivation. He wanted to go home and that was it. He did the same thing as Zoom in trying to accomplish that in that they both needed Barry to get faster in order to use his speed to help them. (RF to get home and Zoom to get a cure).

7. BlueLanternKal Super-Lex

If Barry's in the Speed Force think he'll bump into Trajectory while he's there. We can now assume that the same thing happened to her at the end of her episode.

8. TheFuture Valar Dohaeris

Do these showrunners know anything about convincing the audience the hero is dead? You're meant to play sad music or have silence over the credits. :o :oldrazz:

Cool ending, and surprised that's how they played it. It was a weird effect anyway, was almost like he disintegrated. Horror like vibe to it.

9. Paradox1 Registered

In the comics Barry has special relationship with the speed force among speedsters. Judging from the promos I think the writers have found a way to display it.

10. Comics Registered

During the first half of the episode while Zoom had her captive, how did Caitlin have a phone..?

11. Joined:
    Jul 29, 2005
    She happen to find a phone in an evidence box near where she was cuffed at.

12. kane9321 oakland's finest

leeeeeroy jenkins ...GAME SET MATCH

13. CrystalFortress Registered

I quite enjoyed this episode. Though I do agree it was mostly filler, villain of the week stuff.

Barry "death" at the end is completely negated by him showing up in Arrow's flash-forward to Laurels funeral.

Wally and Jesse have potential to have an interesting dynamic. This was the first time they've interacted right?

Wally has been very much set-up to do the hero thing between the wanting to help people at the CCPD and being hit with the Dark Matter wave.

Zoom killing the police officers was well done, shows how terrifying a speedster can really be. I wonder how much footage was captured after Zoom did his little speech.

The police captain that was left standing has got to be looking into the Snow-Zoom connection, unless he's just going to bow down to Zoom.

The hologram being knocked back was odd, would they not notice the bolt going straight through it? Talking of the hologram that's some sci-fi tech right there, are people supposed to assume the flicker is the Flash moving really quick?

Zoom is a terrible boss. Killing so many underlings. Zoom's motivation hasn't really been laid out, he wants to conquer Earths, before he wanted to be the fastest man alive but other than wanting to embrace his inner monster we don't know why he wants to do these things. Reverse Flash at least had a clear, "I want to go home" thing going on.

I'm confused a little about the injecting Barry with the finger print chemicals. It makes sense from Harry's prespective that he needs to match the conditions as closely as he can to replicate the empowering. However from Eobard's perspective, he set off the particle accelerator explosion in order to give The Flash his powers however he had no idea where Barry was or what chemicals he'd happen to be around, his plan doesn't really make sense to me if Barry wouldn't gain his speed no matter what. In his timeline Flash got his powers later, he may have known under what conditions that was but made no effort to recreate them that we saw.

14. flashpo1nt Registered

The writers are doing ok, but not great...in my opinion they keep taking away from barry.

they have made it seem that barry is way slower than zoom (even prior to giving him his speed) and ofcourse slower than reverse flash....the writers have made it seem the only way barry allen can go faster is by the use of the tachyon device, they never did elaborate on how barry actually will get faster.

Also, why would the writers incorporate wally west as the flash already...in the comics wally was the 3rd version of the flash after the death of barry allen, its ridiculous to keep bringing in all these speedsters because the best version of the flash is barry allen and they need to focus on him, instead of jumping into a totally different story about the 3rd version of the flash when our 2nd version barry is being made to not look so good as the flash...nice climax in the stories in most episodes but there making barry look kind of like a wimp.

give wally his speed now is way too early and a bad idea because it seems the stories are getting all mix matched with all versions of flash, there's no consistency.

i have my thoughts that wave of energy that passed through jesse and wally will change them, giving wally speed and jesse something else, as to why barry disintegrated is another issue....my guess the writers will use that as the death of barry, then have wally be the 3rd flash and somehow barry will come back, either way its lame....wally having speed shouldn't be even allowed on the show, introducing him keeping him around is fine, but the show should be focused on barry allen as the flash, not the other versions, maybe not so much jay garrick because he was the first, but wally should never be introduced as the flash unless it was an episode where barry visits the future or something.....

last point when barry's dad said his mothers maidens name was garrick, it makes me wonder if the guy in the mask is related to barry somehow....continuity and good story lines will make this show much better.

15. Spider-Aziz Flame Roy Returns

Flashpoint Paradox + Crisis on Infinite Earths
    That's how my brother definied the last moment of Barry Allen in this episode.

16. X-Nemesis Registered

The reality with CW shows is that most of them are very formulaic and are 80% filler and 20% plot advancing.

Honestly, these episodes are filled with Soap Opera drama and predictable encounters between the various characters talking about love, or inner turmoil or other ********. It just wreaks of lack of creativity/originality and the ability to maintain a full main plot line without the need to inject all that crap.

I was able to fast forward through most of the episode and still get the gist of the whole thing.

All these "moments" we see between the characters are identical to the one's in Arrow and Legends. Does nobody else notice this?

/rant

17. Lencho01 Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

I thought the reveal of Zoom being Hunter would make him less scary, but dude is not playing around.

18. Spider-Aziz Flame Roy Returns

Comics Zoom is terrifying, this one is almost scarier.
    I'd love to see Wally take him down, Hunter is one of his foes, after-all.

19. The Apocalypse Registered

So, that is Barry in the Speed Force at the end? I mean, that's what we're assuming?

20. Spider-Aziz Flame Roy Returns

Maybe.
    It sure reminded my brother of it, and I shared his thoughts here.

21. KillerMcQueen Mortal-ish

Almost certainly, next episode kinda looks like it'll take inspiration from Flash #0 where Wally found himself in the speedforce travelling through his own timeline.

22. Mikelus Intellectualis

Well, it seems Henry Allen is Earth-2's Jay Garrick, they gave it away with him saying Garrick is his mother maiden name. What's his doppleganger name going to be? Henry Jay Allen Garrick? Or Jay is going to be just a nick? And Garrick because he was raised by his mom? Or whatever. It seems forced and unnecessary, just because they wanted to do something different from the comics.

Even though is going to be cool to see Shipp as one version of the Flash again, the execution of the whole thing with Zoom has been awful. They have ruined Zoom with his obsession with Caitlin, taking her with him everywhere, it makes him stupid, pathetic... Berlanti & co tried to be smarter than the source material, but they have failed again like they have with Arrow. If you're going to change things, at least make changes that make the characters better, not worse.

23. Spider-Aziz Flame Roy Returns

Henry Allen, the father of Barry of that Earth.
    Jay should be related.

24. Batsfan1 Registered

Barry's brother's name in the old tv series was Jay. And Barry's name in the comics is Bartholomew Henry "Barry" Allen. Barry of the old series could be Henry Allen in another universe. Have a very great day!

God bless you! God bless everyone!

25. Rowsdower! Registered

Pretty good episode, but is it a running joke that they ALWAYS need to find a way to work f***ing JITTERS into every episode? Seriously, what is it with this stupid coffee shop? Why do they always end up there? This time they had the POLICE set up shop there. I mean, what? I don't understand why they feel the need to shoehorn in this place in every single episode. This isn't Friends.