The Flash The Flash season 2 episode 23 "The Race of His Life"

KillerMcQueen

Superhero
Reaction score
S2-FINALE "The Race of His Life"

THE FLASH VS. ZOOM – After Zoom reveals his true plan, Barry vows to do whatever it takes to stop him.

Antonio Negret directed the episode written by Aaron Helbing & Todd Helbing

Minute long trailer
[YT]/watch?v=YUvV2eqizAU#t=56[/YT]

eDBXaVC.jpg

Last edited:
I wonder if Hunter Zolomon's Earth-1 counterpart will become the new Zoom for next season.

I don't think Barry/ Zoom are connecting well that Barry/ Thawne-Wells have in the first season.

I wonder if Hunter Zolomon's Earth-1 counterpart will become the new Zoom for next season.

I don't think Barry/ Zoom are connecting well that Barry/ Thawne-Wells have in the first season.
LOL@ that forced connection Zoom tried to make though

He's not wrong though. They both come from a very similar tragic background. Barry's mom was murdered. Hunter's mom was murdered. The minute difference being that Hunter's mom was murdered by his own father while Barry's was murdered by Thawne. They both became orphans. Joe took Barry in while Hunter grew up in the foster care system. Both became speedsters and like Hunter said, they both have the desire to be the best/fastest.

They honestly have more of a connection than Barry and Thawne did. Thawne was just a random guy who admired The Flash and wanted to be him.

Knowing what we know now, I think it felt more forced that they were similar personalities. Yes they had similar child hoods, but personality wise they seemed very different. I wished we had seen them working together more frequently and saving one another early in the season, it would make this all the more tasty instead of feeling that Zoom / Caitlyn is where the real tragedy struck.

There had better be a good reason for Barry to race Zoom like that, because right now it looks incredibly stupid.

it hasn't even been confirmed if barry is still wearing the tachyon device because if not then normally zoom would be way faster and win easily....unless barry was somehow given more power/speed or due to his connection and experience he had with the speedforce it made his powers stronger.

the tachyon device was altered by wells to drain barry's speedforce to give to zoom....so i've been under assumption that barry hasn't been wearing the device, there's minor holes in the storylines that sometimes are never elaborated on, i think zoom has another plan up his sleeve which will go into season 3.

my guess is barry will lose a race to zoom unless the writers make it clear that he's either wearing the device or that his experience with the speedforce made him stronger....would be nice to see barry kick his butt in the race and then something cool happens like barry has the power to take speedforce and steals zooms speed, thus making him human again, where they are able to then contain him and essentially beat him. i think zoom will one up barry again like the writers have made him to be, he always gets the last laugh so it would be nice to see the flash actually not get his butt kicked and dish it out....put zoom in his place, who knows whats in store for us viewers but a race seems more like a part of zooms plan. barry should be more cautious instead of racing him.

They are obviously not. But because the writers created Zoom as someone who does not make sense what so ever... The whole thing about pretending to be a hero even before there was a portal... And he is just evil for the sake of being evil, he also seems very deranged as zoom but there was never anything weird about him as Jay, he never flinched or did anything out of character...

And why would he need Barry to get faster before he can take his speed? At first they said because he wanted to get faster and the faster Barry is the faster he can become. But then it turned out he is just dying and wants a cure...

Season 1 reverse flash had layers, he even confessed to the team that he had grown to like them... But he needs to get to his home. This one is just outright one dimensional evil.

There had better be a good reason for Barry to race Zoom like that, because right now it looks incredibly stupid.

I was thinking the same thing.

The way Barry mopped up all the metas in the last ep; his confidence is clearly what's been holding him back, as he usually has trouble catching one of them.

Barry: Hello, My name is Barry Allen and I'm the fastest man alive. You killed my father. Prepare to die race.

I feel like this last episode is going to be rushed. Really, Zoom should've already revealed his true plan in the last episode, and Team Flash should've started putting a plan in motion to counter that. It seems as if they'll have a lot to cram into the season finale.

Plus Barry has to somehow get back to Earth 2 and see the identity of the man in the iron mask. I think he should've already journeyed there or maybe opened up a breach so he could travel there.

Okay, I'm going to make a public prediction of how this will end. I don't think its highly probable, but if I'm right, I want it known.

Flash and Zoom do their race, and Flash wins by essentially forcing Zoom into the Speed Force, which won't let him leave because he's a dick. Barry, meanwhile, bounces off, and finds himself somewhere strange.

Barry: *looks around* "Where am I?"

"Barry Allen, welcome! We were expecting you."

*several figures descend from the sky, pan back to reveal futuristic Central City*

Legend of Super Heroes: "Welcome to the Year 3000."

Yeah, really. I expected the preview of next week to be Barry and Zoom beating the crap out of each other but instead... they're going to race? WTF?

If Teddy Sears were a singer, they could've had a karaoke sing off.

With one episode left, they sure have a lot of questions to answer. I did not hate this season, but it certainly got a bit wonky as the season progressed. Too many plot twists with not enough clear direction or reasoning for said twists.

Yeah, really. I expected the preview of next week to be Barry and Zoom beating the crap out of each other but instead... they're going to race? WTF?

I imagine it'll somehow be related to preventing Cisco's vision from coming true. I imagine we'll still get some sort of actual fight between them though.

I was thinking the same thing.

The way Barry mopped up all the metas in the last ep; his confidence is clearly what's been holding him back, as he usually has trouble catching one of them.
well I saw the commercial with some extra scenes where I live from CTV, it's not just a race it's a fist fight as well.

I feel like this last episode is going to be rushed. Really, Zoom should've already revealed his true plan in the last episode, and Team Flash should've started putting a plan in motion to counter that. It seems as if they'll have a lot to cram into the season finale.

Plus Barry has to somehow get back to Earth 2 and see the identity of the man in the iron mask. I think he should've already journeyed there or maybe opened up a breach so he could travel there.

I'm very worried about this as well. I feel they put too many plots and they won't close all of them like if we'll ever see who it is nora is with in atlantis as her husband which both earth 2 barry and iris are in hiding with over there.

they may just go to that scene with the man in the iron mask which I hear that kevin smith said he saw cause he was onset and said it brought tears to his eye's with that scene. but being on set and what they present are different thing's .

I sure the actor knocked out of the park that's not the issue
and too many people just want shipp to be jay I'm afraid even if they do that something will be lost translation not it being JWS .

it's the fact that will all thing bee explained or will the will the show runners leave out stuff that need closure . I hope it's not a rush job of story.

I imagine it'll somehow be related to preventing Cisco's vision from coming true. I imagine we'll still get some sort of actual fight between them though.
Don;t wworry the race is the fight as just stated Golgo-13 it's not a normal race, it's a fight as well.

I mean, even if the Speed Force isn't actually benevolent. . .

It probably does want to prevent the destruction of most of the universe.

So Zoom would get harsher treatment than, say, the Reverse Flash. And note that the short-lived Trajectory suffered the same SFX that Barry did when he poofed into the Speed Force, yet hasn't returned. Its entirely plausible the Speed Force applies a "you must be at least this basically decent to depart Speedster Heaven" standard.

The CGI in those chase scenes are terrible. I wish they'd find a better way of doing it.

So Jay Garrick does exist.

And Supergirl promo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"