The Flash season 2 episode 23 "The Race of His Life"

Discussion in 'The Flash' started by KillerMcQueen, May 5, 2016.

?

Rate "The Race of His Life"

1. 10

2. 9

3. 8

4. 7

5. 6

6. 5

7. 4

8. 3

9. 2

10. 1

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Speed Force Goober

Only time I thought it was bad was when Caitlin was trying to trick Zoom. That stood out to me.

2. Nathan Registered

Or when she said "Wait, his body can't handle that." The delivery was just so bad.

3. X-Ray Ippiki-ookami

Wells will be back. Jesse can too depending on the well being of Wells' wife. I don't remember if the car accident killed her or Thawne did. Hell, if Thawne caused the accident. Then both Mr. & Mrs. Wells live and give birth to Earth-1 Jesse.

4. Rowsdower! Registered

Okay, I need someone to explain something to me because maybe I missed it. Zoom wanted Barry to race him so that their combined speed could power his magic circle thing and destroy the multiverse. Barry agrees to do it so he can stop the universe from being destroyed. But... if Barry didn't race him, then the machine wouldn't have had enough juice to do anything, right? So why didn't Barry just say, "no"? I mean, yeah, Zoom was threatening his family and all that, but his family would have a chance of dying anyway if something went wrong and the machine wiped out the ENTIRE multiverse. So why take the risk? The whole thing didn't make sense to me, but like I said, maybe I missed something.

5. KillerMcQueen Mortal-ish

I think they said that Zoom could've powered it by himself.

6. aNarcHy2day Screw You Mayans!

Okay, I'll prefix my attempt at explaining that by saying these are CW writers at the end of the day and are known to do weird stuff, just because.

Now, I think initially at the beginning of the episode Barry wanted to defeat Zoom in whatever shenanigans he had in mind and KILL him and didn't really entertain the possibility of the repercussions of failure- I don't think at that point he was entirely thinking straight.

After being tranqed and Joe being captured, given Barry's personality and also the support from Wally, Barry would do anything to save Joe and that was their only play- to agree for the race.

Yes, you are right in pointing out that if the plan went south everything would possibly end but for what it's worth, I think their plan had a decent chance of being successful- so I can certainly see them having confidence in said plan and proceeding with the race.

7. Spider-Who? ERMERGERD!

Ah. Good to know. I haven't watched any Supergirl, just know the cross over happened. Thanks for the info!

8. Spider-Who? ERMERGERD!

Yeah those were probably the worst. Almost everyone seemed really off that episode. Even Sisko felt like he was tripping over his lines. Oh well; everyone has bad days.

9. Rowsdower! Registered

But then why did he need Barry to race him?

10. KillerMcQueen Mortal-ish

I think that was just Zoom's obsession with being faster than Barry, he wanted to stage it as a contest.

11. LostSon88 Registered

Yeah that was REALLY BAD all around. I don't know WTF that was about...

12. Trainwreck2100 Registered

so will the next harrison wells be the third harrison wells, but this time he's the real harrison wells?

13. Astro13Zombie Registered

[​IMG]

14. Rowsdower! Registered

To be honest, I feel like Caitlin is always pretty bad. She has moments where she's okay, but usually she just walks around with that deer-in-headlights look, saying lines rather unconvincingly. People give Iris a lot of crap but I'll take her over Caitlin any day. At least she doesn't make a little voice in my head say, "ACTING!" whenever she delivers a line.

It's weird because I've seen Panabaker in other things and I never thought she was bad... But here, I've always found here pretty lousy. "Evil" Caitlin was laughably awful.

15. BestGirl Reluctantly following Vought's orders

At least Caitlin's awkwardness is consistent.

16. X-Ray Ippiki-ookami

Really hated Kate's part in the plan. Was hoping it was the real deal that Zoom was coming down on.

17. LostSon88 Registered

Wasn't this the episode Kevin Smith directed? Lol.

18. Spider-Aziz Flame Roy Returns

I thought the delivery was fine.

Everything worked out well in the end, the device is deactivated, the villain is gone, the threat is neutralized, and that's that.
    If there is shown to be any repercussion to that in later season, that will be a cause for concern.

19. Spider-Who? ERMERGERD!

No, Smith directed the episode where Berry's in the speed force.

20. jaqua99 ....I need a horse!

Always got annoyed with Caitlyn frequently defensively making it about herself whenever Barry gets upset. She always plays the "I lost someone I love, I KNOW what it's like" and whines; Barry has had significantly worse trauma, and he deals with a lot more..Caitlyn, in my opinion is the worst, and most useless character on the show.

Also, Barry kicking Zooms ass was the best part of the series for me. It's about time he beats a speedster head to head.. Nvm the fastest one

21. Batmannerism Super-unknown

Agreed, great to see Barry kick some ass - and then he does the same to Reverse Flash.

Of course there are going to be serious consequences, but man it was awesome seeing Barry let loose.

Black Flash tease was cool too. This season has been up and down but it ended on a superb note !

22. Spider-Aziz Flame Roy Returns

I love that he beat the crap of 3 speedsters (if you count Zoom's second remnant as his own character) that gave him a hard beating before.

23. X-Ray Ippiki-ookami

Loved that part too. Still irritating that instead of kickng his ass in the first place. He gives into his demands & races him to power up a device that will destroy many worlds. Next bad speedster he faces. Just kick his ass before he finishes his sentence about killing all those dear to him.

24. Loki882 Registered

Too bad they then went and turned Barry into a moron at the end there (does he ever learn anything)?

25. terry78 baby, that chicken was dry...real dry

If he did the series would be over. :o