The Flash season 2 episode 23 "The Race of His Life"

Discussion in 'The Flash' started by KillerMcQueen, May 5, 2016.

?

Rate "The Race of His Life"

1. 10

2. 9

3. 8

4. 7

5. 6

6. 5

7. 4

8. 3

9. 2

10. 1

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. LostSon88 Registered

Season 3 will basically be a completely new show.

I wonder now if it's even possible to go back to the original timeline at this point after all Barry has done. Plus from a story standpoint it'd be redundant to go back to his mothers murder a THIRD TIME this time to stop himself from stopping Thawne. By my count he's been there to:

Save his younger self (the older Flash presumably)
    Stop Thawne to Save his mom, only to change his mind and let her be murdered.
    Stop Thawne to save his mom.

What's he gonna do now? How many times are the writers gonna make him keep going back...

2. Micromind New World New Rules

:up:

3. The Caped Knight Shield Avenger

this season finale was better than Arrow & LOT

4. Ioini League of Assassin Member

Flash's was great and LOT just Arrow was terrible and made no sense.

5. Syncos ROFLICIOUS

Will it though? or will it be a new show for approximately 7/8ths of an episode, then be back to business as usual?

6. Dark Raven The Gal from Themyscira

Eureka had a mini reboot in one of the later seasons after changing the timeline and then returning to the present. People's roles were slightly shifted around. Allison was no longer the head of Global Dynamics, and her son was no longer autistic. Fargo became the head of GD instead, Jo was now head of security there instead of Jack's deputy, and Henry was married to a woman he barely knew. This rebooted timeline stayed this way for the rest of the series, even though I thought they might eventually return to their original timeline at some point.

So maybe the writers would take this as an opportunity to change things around on the Flash and might end up keeping the rebooted timeline and just progressing from there?

After all, we've been following an altered timeline from the start of the show anyway.

7. metaphysician Not a Side-Kick

If I had to make a guess? He's not there because he hasn't "arrived" yet. He can't arrive until after the bad future happens, thus inspiring him to undo the change.

Basically, instead of a closed time loop, more like a closed time double-loop.

8. AVEITWITHJAMON Darksider

Wow, pretty good finale, doesn't match the first seasons, Zoom got less interesting to me as the season went on, but it was good to see Barry beat his plan then kick his ass also, plus his demise was damn good.

The very last scene was something, as was the Iron Mask reveal, though it was predictable at the same time. This was a step down from season 1 though for sure. And like other I fear next season might just be another repeat. We will see.

9. KillerMcQueen Mortal-ish

Taking a break from having a speedster villain and opening with Flashpoint should help season 3 out a bit, good opportunity for them to finally really show the dangers reckless time travel can pose, how they'll handle the aftermath of Flashpoint and what they'll do for the second half of the season has me curious, as I imagine Flashpoint and its consequences will pretty much fill the first half of the season. They kinda stacked the deck against themselves a bit this season doing another speedster villain right after they'd done Reverse Flash.

#259 KillerMcQueen, May 31, 2016
    Last edited: May 31, 2016
  10. Syncos ROFLICIOUS

It's really tricky doing this in a shared world.

You can't have something like Flashpoint for more than an episode and have it not be a massive change to Arrow. But then you've got parts of the fan base who don't watch the other shows.

How do you make Flashpoint happen, radically changing the world, for multiple episodes, when Arrow fans would be entirely in the dark.

11. Dark Raven The Gal from Themyscira

They can make it that Flashpoint only affects Central City and characters in the Flash. For Arrow, they can have it that Felicity is able to project this protective time bubble over everyone to make them immune to the effects of Flashpoint. :o

12. KillerMcQueen Mortal-ish

I don't see why Arrow would have to address it at all really, the episodes are rarely perfectly in sync with each other with the exception of crossovers, hell, I'm pretty sure 2-21 of Flash this season took place during 4-18 of Arrow as best I can piece it together. Have a time jump during one of the post-Flashpoint episodes to line things back up and things'll be fine.

13. gohei_ Infected by Pentapox

I am pretty glad that I had just finished reading Crisis on infinite earths prior to seeing the finale, because I did like the moment with the Flash copy running so fast he disappeared. Sadly though it was over so fast so it did not seem as epic as something like that should be if you ask me.
    Really excited for season 3 though.

14. Guts Smug

Fringe also rebooted in Season 4.

15. Avenging Angel We have unfinished business.

If Season 3 will pick up where this left off then how are they going to fit Flashpoint into 2 episodes? I think this might be stretched more than only a few episodes.

16. Thome216 Registered

I see Barry in this new timeline keeping a low profile. He still has his speed, but in the new timeline so does Wally. But then Wally gets killed by the Black Racer, and because this new timeline has gone to hell personally for Barry, as his father ended up killing his mother for reals, he sees that it's time for the old timeline to be rebooted.

Which would erase the Black Racer and reinstate everything from just before the end of Episode 23. And would introduce Malfoy as the new villain.

Fate acompli!

17. Avenging Angel We have unfinished business.

Felton will be something ominous.