The Flash season 2 episode 23 "The Race of His Life"

Discussion in 'The Flash' started by KillerMcQueen, May 5, 2016.

?

Rate "The Race of His Life"

1. 10

2. 9

3. 8

4. 7

5. 6

6. 5

7. 4

8. 3

9. 2

10. 1

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. vantheman77 Superman Fan 4 Life

We're gonna have to watch Arrow's season finale to see if their timeline changes. If not, it may mean we may get some version of Flashpoint or we could see the original timeline altogether instead of 1st season timeline.

2. KillerMcQueen Mortal-ish

I wouldn't expect to see any changes until next season for Arrow.

3. vantheman77 Superman Fan 4 Life

Should there be a Flashpoint I'd expect Oliver's dad to be Green Arrow and maybe Oliver running Green Arrow Industries. Slade could lead a pirate gang.

4. Kyle Registered

Exactly. We will have an idea as to if Flashpoint will be far reaching or contained to 'The Flash' show though through one thing. Does it wrap up neatly or is there a major cliffhanger.

Plus I see no way their not going to do Flashpoint, it's too an iconic an arc for them to set up over two seasons then discard after setting up the catalyst for it clear as day.

5. KillerMcQueen Mortal-ish

They're doing it, no ifs, ands, or buts, the question is how big of an event will it be, how many episodes will it last, and what will the repercussions be?

6. vantheman77 Superman Fan 4 Life

Will it be a combination of Flashpoint and the original timeline with the real Earth-1 Harrison Wells founding Star Labs?

In looking at the season finale, is Barry really changing the timeline or is he trying to revert back to the original timeline?

7. Kyle Registered

Yes.

Trying to revert back to the original. He can't lose both parents so he says goodbye to his life thinking what he'll do will mean he'll never be the same to them again.

8. Astro13Zombie Registered

Same.
    This **** got me hyped.:woot:
    [​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

9. KillerMcQueen Mortal-ish

I wonder if Black Flash will have a role in Flashpoint or be saved for later.

10. Meulenhof_K Registered

The icon changing color.. we'll be seeing more of him pretty soon i guess

11. Legendver2 Smokin' Sexy Style!

So his chest emblem and ear lightning did change colors...I though my eyes were playing tricks on me.

12. herolee10 No More Miracles

I just hope that Season 3 finally gives us an scene/scenario where we get to see more than one speedster working alongside each other. It'd be nice to see two speedsters running next to each other without the two being bitter enemies with each other.

13. BlueLanternKal Super-Lex

I'm thinking this will effect all shows. With Supergirl moving to the CW a Flashpoint event would be the perfect opportunity to integrate her universe with the CW and allows the writers of all shows to tweak things cough Laurel Lance aka Black Canary cough for the better since the timeline would basically be realigning itself with Barry's actions.

14. Broseph44 Witness Me

**** yessssss so good :up:

15. <(o_o)> Evangeline Is My Hero!

Unless Barry ends up losing both parents at a young age in the new timeline and is still taken in by Joe then things will probably change. Joe & Henry Allen were friends so Barry will probably just have a different kind of relationship with Joe now, so things with Iris will be a lot different also, like no brotherly and sisterly connection between Barry & Iris just lovey dovey & so on. It will basically be how their earth 2 doppelgangers were & ended up.

16. Spider-Aziz Head scratching webhead

• It's nice that this episode starts immediately where the last one stops.
    • It's nice to finally see Barry attack Hunter for a change.
    • Why was Tina not in Henry's funeral?
    • Again with the "Guys, we need to come with a plan to take down super villain"
    • Why does he want to see who is faster? Didn't he see that on multiple occasions? And why is he excited to race Barry after a long time wanting to strip his powers away? And seriously, does a time remnant in this show work like 'Kaki-Bushin No Justsu' from Naruto? Guy gets memories of his clone once he disappears?
    • How does Wells know about the Infinite Earths?
    • I saw that coming... Flash getting trapped in one of the metahuman cell blocks, but I thought Joe would be the one to shoot him.
    • "There's good in this monster" cliche, not bad most of the time, but I find it goofy in this episode.
    • Someone needs to take care of S.T.A.R. Labs before it goes for a forced buy out.
    • MAGNATAR stolen from Mercury Labs, and McGee is not here.
    • Hunter, you sonova...
    • I feel bad for Wally.
    • So we finally know the name of the man in the mask, and he's not the father of Hunter.
    • Is there a different Speed Force for every Earth, or is it the same one connected to all?
    • Why didn't you dismantle the Magnatar? Or simply disable it?
      [8]How did he know about the remnant?
    • What a way to handle the CoiE death of Barry without killing him, again.
    • I wondered the Dementors (Time Wraiths) didn't come for Zoom earlier, and how did they know to get him now. Makes sense.. I guess.
    • Some people got their wish, about who plays Jay Garrick.
    • Bye Harry, we'll miss you and Jesse.
    • Oookaaayy, this difference will leave a mark. They'd better not make a dangblasted adaption of Flashpoint 2.0 (the infamous 2011 event with Barry)

This finale did not get on my bad side like last season's, I think in some ways they made up for that, at least that is what I hope.

17. m1ll3r Failed experiment

Oh good god, they're doing Flashpoint.

[​IMG]

And Black Flash

[​IMG]

BEST THING ON THE TELEVISION.

#167 m1ll3r, May 25, 2016
    Last edited: May 25, 2016
  18. Spider-Aziz Head scratching webhead

How is that a pleasant thing?

19. The Caped Knight Shield Avenger

Now the question is was this the same time wrath that attacked Barry when he went to the past? Glad to see Black Flash!

20. Ninjablade Not as bad as it looks

I absolutely loved the scene where they lock Barry up. Was really heartbreaking. Grant was just killing it. I think this is probably his best episode acting wise.

21. m1ll3r Failed experiment

Because it's a great storyline.

22. A3itor Registered

I'm confused about the time remnant. He travels back in time at what point exactly? while he is in the ring with zoom or later? I assume later, when he first supposedly lost and then traveled back in time to be two flashes running and beat zoom. So my bet is that the time remnant is the barry from the past right? but if he dies why the future one is still alive? Zoom did the same going back in time and meeting a younger version of himself, the one who talked to team flash all the time, is that right? And he kill his younger version and he's still alive. And then finally Barry travels back in time again because he can't face his parents are dead, to avoid his mum being killed, while reverse flash is traveling back in time as well from another point in time, and that is the fight that we've seen so far from the beginning of the show, which is the same flash that travels back in time in the end of this season 2, but with the difference that this time barry saves her, so the barry that travelled back in time the last season, the one who was standing in the door, vanishes because he has changed the timeline from the beginning, so the timeline is erased from that point. The thing is this barry, who has changed the timeline should be dead as well? is that the paradox? or is he alive because he will become the flash anyway? and when he comes back to his timeline it will be different and the things that happened to the previous one he will be the only one who know about them , or will just forget them because of time traveling? It's ****ing messing up with my mind. Anyone can tell me?. The biggest issue I see here is why if they kill their younger selves nothing happens and why Eobard is still alive if Eddie died, or the Thawne that came back some episodes ago is from a different earth where Eddie is still alive?. Thank you.

23. inkblaster Registered

I get it somewhat, I liked that they took a beat to try and timey wimey explain it to Wally. But it basically sounds like the speedster goes back in time and gets their previous self, which creates an alternate timeline for that previous self, which sends up a red flag for the time wraiths.

24. The Shape In the shadows

Me after the finale

[​IMG]

25. Marvel Knight Registered

Wouldn't taking one's previous self from the past..... alter the present ?

Especially when past Barry is needed to eventually become present Barry.