The Flash The Flash season 2 episode 7 "Gorilla Warfare"

Cisco told us there was an extra suit, I forgot where, but I remember him saying it.

Just watched the episode and I couldn't but agree with Caitlin that Team Flash did sort of "betray" (not really the right word but that's what Caitlin used). They made the whole point of Grodd being smarter and having more complex thoughts, emotions and desires. Yet, they they forced him through the rift against his will. Sure, it might have been "for his own good", but as a sentient, intelligent being, shouldn't he have had a say in it, never mind the right to make that decision on his own?

Anyone else had the same reaction?

Caitlin might have a legitimate soft spot for Grodd, but no one else on Team Flash seems to feel anything but dread when Grodd's on the loose. Joe looks like he's ready to pee in his suit at the mere mention of Grodd's name. Sending him through the rift was the most logical way to end Grodd's latest reign of terror, especially with Barry on the mend, but it would have been interesting to hear what Barry/Cisco/Joe/Iris would have said if Team Flash actually had a viable way of killing Grodd.

And that will be the spark that leads him to despise the human race even more so.

Caitlin is naïve if she thought that Grodd would just be content with a Mrs. Grodd and a few little Groddies. He's already shown that he's naturally aggressive and loathes most of humanity. Team Flash will be collectively facepalming when they realize that they've enabled Grodd to become more dangerous once he's taken over Gorilla City.

I understand that Grodd killed people, but he's a pretty unique and complex being who was under the manipulative influence of a super villain for years. So, I thought that Team Flash could have at least tried reasoning with him instead of manipulating him. At the end of the day, hopefully Grodd doesn't resent Caitlin for sending him to Gorilla City. And I really hope that we somehow see Grodd return with non-murderous motivations!

Grodd might have the intelligence level of a human, but he still operates like an animal. So far, he's shown no remorse for kidnapping or intimidating humans. He has also killed anyone who has threatened one of his "homes" and easily dispatched the lives of people once they've served their purpose in his plans. I wouldn't be surprised if Grodd is eventually eating human brains just to become more intelligent.

Caitlin is naïve if she thought that Grodd would just be content with a Mrs. Grodd and a few little Groddies. He's already shown that he's naturally aggressive and loathes most of humanity. Team Flash will be collectively facepalming when they realize that they've enabled Grodd to become more dangerous once he's taken over Gorilla City.

Grodd might have the intelligence level of a human, but he still operates like an animal. So far, he's shown no remorse for kidnapping or intimidating humans. He has also killed anyone who has threatened one of his "homes" and easily dispatched the lives of people once they've served their purpose in his plans. I wouldn't be surprised if Grodd is eventually eating human brains just to become more intelligent.
well let's just remember Grodd if he does take over Gorrila city, that city is in earth 2 where earth 2 Dr. well's and jay are from. Grodd has to take over that earth first and for most. and the breach's to that earth one might be closed by then and he'll have to be facing off against Jay and heroes of earth 2 like olivers dad there, most likely. There's no gorrila city on the earth barry is the main hero of.

Grodd has to conquer and rule domestically on earth 2 then try to expand his empire . it'll be a while . especially since gorilla city is only on earth 2's universe.

The little homage to King Kong was cool and I like that he's building towards a Gorilla army.

I like the Gorilla City possibilities, but I also hope Grodd continues the research that produces Giganta.

On another note, the lab had Grodd from an early age, which probably means Grodd's mother was shot, maybe even on Wells' orders. Grodd is like a mirror version of Barry.

I like the Gorilla City possibilities, but I also hope Grodd continues the research that produces Giganta.

On another note, the lab had Grodd from an early age, which probably means Grodd's mother was shot, maybe even on Wells' orders. Grodd is like a mirror version of Barry.
nah the one that was overly sick enough to kill Grodd's mother for fun is Argus's General Eling(aka the shaggy man) and Eobard Thawne using Dr.wells face was all too happy to take her place and parent to Grodd . he saw the genarl as racist inway to meta's and eobard thawn see's grodd as a fellow meta (not human but fellow meta.

So there was some sympathy where Eobard thwane posing as wells wasinvolved . both Eobard thawne and General Eling are sick people however

Last edited:
well let's just remember Grodd if he does take over Gorrila city, that city is in earth 2 where earth 2 Dr. well's and jay are from. Grodd has to take over that earth first and for most. and the breach's to that earth one might be closed by then and he'll have to be facing off against Jay and heroes of earth 2 like olivers dad there, most likely. There's no gorrila city on the earth barry is the main hero of.

Grodd has to conquer and rule domestically on earth 2 then try to expand his empire . it'll be a while . especially since gorilla city is only on earth 2's universe.

It's already a given that Grodd's appearances will be infrequent due to the CGI burden he presents. I don't mind that because it gives his episodes a special feel. However, it's not completely necessary for Grodd to rule over Earth 2 to continue his rivalry with Team Flash.

Grodd could capture Jay or another E2 hero and word gets sent to E1 that Barry's help is needed. Grodd could also become intelligent enough to open the breach to recapture Caitlin or just to bring a small squadron of loyal/mind-controlled apes through to attack Flash. There are plenty of ways to go with this story, and I think we'll see ever-escalating clashes between Grodd and Flash until Grodd either dies or his intelligence is removed.

I don't think he'll conquer Earth 2, but he'll almost certainly conquer Gorilla City.

We ought to have a future episode where Barry and his friends end up on Earth 2 in Gorilla City as a homage to Planet of the Apes. Someone can say "Get your stinkin' paws off me you damn dirty ape!" :argh:

Maybe Caitlin could end up dressed like this there: :p

nova.jpg

I still want to know where that revers flash suit came from? I don't seem to recall he had spares in the room Gedon was in.

I'm already stated some in both this thread about Cisco's vibing and his own devoted thread. he seem's to be a precog meta human while in the comic's he was only able to sense boom tubes cause they were the source of his quake power via vibration. which is odd. but interesting. but I hope he get's his quake ability's I'd like to see him in the field with barry and with a mind like his I'm sure he can pull off multiple trick with his quake ability

I think the spare RF suit was a bit of artistic license, I mean it would stand to reason that a planner like Wells would have a back-up. I am also glad they brought the ring back for Cisco to tinker with. :D

I am not really very knowledgeable on Vibe from the comics so this is all new territiry for me. I am sure his powers will progress and evolve as the series goes on though, he's just scratching the surface right now and getting to grips with them.

Barry needing a pep talk in order to defeat a villain, is getting VERY tiresome; this ep, however, is the only time other than the first few times he's been the Flash, that it's actually made sense - due to his injuries.

In regards to the Grodd thing, this show has an unfortunate habit of playing Barry up like the more "classic" hero whom people should look up to. But then having him do really morally shady things, and then brushing them aside/not addressing them (or worse, even making jokes about it at times). So I'm not terribly surprised that they did the same thing here, it's frustrating.

Part of me wants incidents like this to be what starts Caitlin down the road to becoming Killer Frost, at least in terms of how she views things anyway.

I don't think Barry did anything wrong regarding Grodd, you don't play around when you are dealing with a 15 foot killer ape capable of mind control.

Wait, does Barry,Reverse'Flash, etc's speed make them immune to Grodd's control..?

What I don't get is why they keep referring to Earth-1 Wells in the past tense as "Wells" when they know now that he was Eobard Thawne and they never actually knew Earth-1 Wells?

It's like having someone lie about being your father but then still referring to him as "Dad" :confused:

I don't think Barry did anything wrong regarding Grodd, you don't play around when you are dealing with a 15 foot killer ape capable of mind control.
yeah i totally agree! this wasn't like it was Pied Piper or somebody.. dude was gnawing on people in a sewer!!... hell dude! would have had you gnawing off your own leg with his powers!! i don't think Barry did wrong sending his ass to another place like earth 2!plus who would have cleaned up after him in the pipeline if they had put him there!! monleys throw poo!!
..if i was on team Flash i would be the hell with cleaning that &*( up!!:cwink:

This. I see nothing morally gray about what the team did. They balanced out that Grodd was a living being that was intelligent that had experienced terrible torment but was also a violent menace that shouldn't be allowed to roam free and harm innocent people.

Cisco told us there was an extra suit, I forgot where, but I remember him saying it.

He said it was in the "Time Vault" which I think meant Reverse Flash's janitor closet from the future.

What I don't get is why they keep referring to Earth-1 Wells in the past tense as "Wells" when they know now that he was Eobard Thawne and they never actually knew Earth-1 Wells?

It's like having someone lie about being your father but then still referring to him as "Dad"
:confused:

So basically, it's exactly like what people often do in Real Life.

Also, they keep referring to Eobard Thawne as "Wells" for the very reason you state - namely that they never met the "original" Harrison Wells and he was the only Harrison Wells they ever knew.

Unless the producers get a huge increase for their Budget in Season 3, I don't see them using Grodd as Season 3's Main Villain.

Didn't one of the producers say that they can't use Grodd as their Season's Big Bad due to budgetary reasons?

OTOH, given the ratings Flash is getting, its not inconceivable that they *would* get a budget increase, albeit not necessarily a huge one. Despite being on a smaller network with a smaller viewing audience, Flash is actually getting better ratings than a whole lot of shows on "real" networks.

It's already a given that Grodd's appearances will be infrequent due to the CGI burden he presents. I don't mind that because it gives his episodes a special feel. However, it's not completely necessary for Grodd to rule over Earth 2 to continue his rivalry with Team Flash.

Grodd could capture Jay or another E2 hero and word gets sent to E1 that Barry's help is needed. Grodd could also become intelligent enough to open the breach to recapture Caitlin or just to bring a small squadron of loyal/mind-controlled apes through to attack Flash. There are plenty of ways to go with this story, and I think we'll see ever-escalating clashes between Grodd and Flash until Grodd either dies or his intelligence is removed.

I don't think he'll conquer Earth 2, but he'll almost certainly conquer Gorilla City.

it just makes sesne for a crazy ape dictator like Grodd and how ambitious he is to have a test run and to have experience.and having him be a bit successful on earth 2 cause wasting all his time with barry universe when he can be getting resources via conquering earth 2 first makes sense head straight to earth one where barry is and if he's truly supposed to be intelligent but evil that's what Grodd should do

I think the spare RF suit was a bit of artistic license, I mean it would stand to reason that a planner like Wells would have a back-up. I am also glad they brought the ring back for Cisco to tinker with. :D

I am not really very knowledgeable on Vibe from the comics so this is all new territiry for me. I am sure his powers will progress and evolve as the series goes on though, he's just scratching the surface right now and getting to grips with them.
I hear ya hunter

It's like having someone lie about being your father but then still referring to him as "Dad" :confused:

I said this a few pages back
The Flash gang's persistence with holding E2 Wells accountable for E1 Wells' Eobard Thawne's crimes was bad enough, but laying the blame for what happened with Zoom last week on him was just too much. It was THEIR plan to use Iris to trap Zoom, endangering her in the process. It was THEIR decision to force the confrontation with Zoom and ignore Jay's warnings.
I think you mean linda park and not iris. they used Linda. it was both barry's and Iris's plan. with joe it's just he's really confused but he did this with barry dad too til he realized barry's real dad was framed and finally stopped.

I also made a statement a page back on why barry dad left when all the people in his life and in that town thought he was a killer and even though he's been released his life there is basically ruined there/ cause they will do the same thing. cause people have this terrible habit of not letting that register with he exception of the people that cleared them from the frame up. but they have the star lab's team doing what most of the public or turn their back on you once it look like your the one that did the crime that were framed and cleared .

post #79 page 4

from this thread.
[/B]

That's too depressing dude. They're trying to instill hope with the Henry scenes. I thought it was fine. Sometimes a person just wants to go out and find themselves again after a traumatizing events. I completely understand the rationale behind it.
I already said as much when barry's blood father left town too. that alot of people just remember only that part(he was convicted and went to jail) after your names clear of the charges and free due to the evidence. but most people that see you were in jail and convicted mostly see that sadly and it's best to leave town if that's the case an start over another place. and seeing that the star labs team even though they did the autopsy and know the real docter well's was killed in the same year barry's mother died along with his wife and they should know better . they keep saying "dr. wells the murder" still even though is was the impostor thawne.

so the real docter well's while dead is in the same place as barry's father. he was framed in a worse way too. and the star labs team keep saying it so often ,that he's(thawne) was wells all the time and doesn't help matters and doing that even though they have the evidence which the did all the forensic work them selves and they know what's possible now be it through a meta human shape shifter's or tech as thawne used with the real dr. wells to steal his face,

what the star labs team has been doing by not saying it was thawne or registering it in their head's that it was never dr.wells from the jump is a representation of how people who have been framed like barry's dad get the shaft and why they don't stick around the same town, cause of it and people have this habit to treat people like barry's dad even worse.

And most people who have been framed lives despite being cleared , they're lives are often ruined sadly.

So no they won't stay in that same town ,not with people acting like that. and they shouldn't be expected to ether

that said barry is acting like those that clear people names should he's a CSI unlike the others (not a robot ) and trying his best to know better cause he's one of those that did the work with the autopsy as he has and they don't continue to do this to the victimes and his dad was framed like earth 1 dr.wells was too.

yeah they are calling the wells from earth 2 Harry 2. but barry is not to thinking of harry as eobard. he's only still saying earth eobard is earth one dr. wells cause the other's still are sadly in the bad habit of it and joes just plain confused.

but the question must be asked. would they treat Linda park the same way? after all her double's still around and that one has killed some one on their reality/ universe and the cops know about the double too thus Linda equals ......

seriously they should drop it and let poor earth one Dr. wells rest like barrys mother the real dr.wells wife. Earth one Dr.Wells like Henry Allen and linda park deserves better and hopefully they do start calling Eobard the true murderer .

Last edited:
As others have noted, Grodd's design was excellent in this episode, and his face and body language were very expressive. Also, it was great to see Henry Allen return for this episode, and he gave an excellent pep talk to Barry.

I was also thrilled to see the show introduce Gorilla City. I had been wondering for a while whether this show would use Gorilla City, but I had no idea how they could pull it off. Well, they succeeded in doing so, and they did it in a way that makes sense within the story being told. The glimpse of Gorilla City we get at the end of the episode looks impressive. I can't wait to see what the writers have in mind for some kind of Gorilla City arc in the future. You've got to admire the writers for being so bold about introducing even the most unusual, esoteric aspects of the DC universe into a live-action show. That takes imagination and skilled storytelling, and they're doing a great job of it.

So basically, it's exactly like what people often do in Real Life..

you had someone lie to you about being your father? :confused: Sorry?

Also, they keep referring to Eobard Thawne as "Wells" for the very reason you state - namely that they never met the "original" Harrison Wells and he was the only Harrison Wells they ever knew.

Wha? This still makes no sense. If you knew someone lied about their identity and you found out who they really were, why would you keep referring to them by the false name?

plus who would have cleaned up after him in the pipeline if they had put him there!! monleys throw poo!!
..if i was on team Flash i would be the hell with cleaning that &*( up!!:cwink:
Monkeys do, but Gorillas do not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"