The Flash The Flash Season 2 Episode 8: "Legends of Today"

herolee10

No More Miracles
Reaction score
YJRxpwp.jpg

PART ONE OF THE EPIC CROSSOVER WITH “ARROW” — In its second major crossover event with “Arrow,” Vandal Savage (guest star Casper Crump) arrives in Central City and sets his sights on Kendra Saunders (guest star Ciara Renée). After Vandal attacks Kendra and Cisco (Carlos Valdes), they turn to Barry (Grant Gustin) for help. Realizing how dangerous Vandal is, Barry takes Kendra to Star City and asks Oliver and team to hide her until he can figure out how to stop Vandal. However, things quickly go from bad to worse when a man with wings AKA Hawkman (guest star Falk Hentschel) shows up and flies off with Kendra. Meanwhile, Harrison (Tom Cavanagh) develops a serum to make Barry run faster and asks Jay (guest star Teddy Sears) to test it out. Ralph Hemeckerdirected the episode with story by Greg Berlanti & Andrew Kreisberg and teleplay by Aaron Helbing & Todd Helbing (#208). Original airdate 12/1/2015.

This and Arrow are going to feel like a movie.

I wonder whom Macho Man Vandal Savage will drop the elbow on in the crossover.

Who needs to wait for a DCU movie when we have this crossover and Legends of Tomorrow?

Really wish Super girl was part of their continuity.

Stinks we have to wait two weeks for this. Looking forward to seeing more of Hawkgirl though.

Really wish Super girl was part of their continuity.

Only if they were allowed to rewrite the premise from scratch, including either "no Superman at all" or "Supergirl is a refugee from a different alternate Earth".

Who needs to wait for a DCU movie when we have this crossover and Legends of Tomorrow?

Yup, agreed ! DC is smashing it on the small screen. Arrow just gets better and better, as does Flash - and Supergirl's not bad. bad place, even Constantine wasn't too bad, and loved his cameo in Arrow.

You're forgetting Gotham... Right now that's probably the best of the lot irrespective of last season.

You're forgetting Gotham... Right now that's probably the best of the lot irrespective of last season.

No offence if you like Gotham, but I omitted it on purpose for two reasons

1) Flash, Arrow and Constantine share a universe and share it well, the Flash/Arrow crossovers have been great and are always great fun to watch.
Not sure if Gotham is in the same universe, and if it is it's set well before Flash or Arrow.

2) While I sometimes enjoy Gotham - or at least enjoy aspects of Gotham, I find Jim Gordon a boring character (which is. a shame as in the Nolan films he was anything but, perhaps that's down to the quality of the actor). Bullock is a more interesting character.
The 2 best things about Gotham, IMO are the Penguin, who's fantastic, and the kid who plays young BW (yes, Alfred is good too, wish we'd see more of him). Otherwise I can kind of take or leave most of the cast - really wasn't impressed with the casting or performance for Harvey Dent, who should be a much more important character.

Also, Gotham is basically an extended prequel -whereas Flash, Arrow etc, are actually the adventures of the characters we know and love ( and as a comment on Arrow, I always hated Green Arrow in the comics, but the tv version is interesting and likeable - particularly in season 4 - and Stephen Amell does a great job. I always thought of Arrow as "Batman with a bow" but the show's made him much more than that, and I particularly like the way it's about his team, rather than just him).

Anyway, I can't watch Gotham without thinking " man, I wish they'd flash forward to show us Bruce as Batman, working with Gordon" and apparently we'll see Batman, in the very last frame of the series. Personally, prequels don't do much for me - Star Wars and Hobbit trilogy I'm looking at you !

But, if you like Gotham I respect your opinion (it's a good show) - I just can't get past the prequel thing .

Cheers.

The crossovers are legend. Can't wait! Whenever Barry is around Oliver I feel like he's more mature. Close to comic Barry.

The crossovers are legend. Can't wait! Whenever Barry is around Oliver I feel like he's more mature. Close to comic Barry.

Agreed. Even Barry's brief appearance in the season finale of Arrow (season 3) was great. I got the Flash, Season 1 on DVD, and Flash vs Arrow (episode 8) is actually much better the second time around (and it was good the first time !)

:)

Couldn't disagree more. Flash is amazing and has just about ever thing you could want. Great action, story's, villain's, funny and emotional at the same time. Gotham has none of that. Gotham is dull and boring and I gave up on it after like episode 4 of this season and only watched it even that long because I love batman. Gotham is a bad show.

I fully understand the love for the shared universe and I love it myself. I pointed Gotham out since DC on TV was mentioned.

I never suggested that Flash was a bad show- in fact I'm quite sure that when the season completes, I'd probably be happier with Flash since Gotham has a history of petering out rather underwhelmingly.

As for the Jim Gordon character, I completely can see where you are coming from but I am specifically referring to events in the past month or so when I say "Right now". Over the course of the entire season again, on evidence of Season 1, you'd probably be correct. But there is a lot of crazy stuff happening at the moment in the city and Jim as a dead face protagonist is a perfect foil for all that crazy to bounce off of. I do enjoy that dichotomy.

Also, I think they've successfully moved away from being just a prequel and given actual stakes to the plot- I think that is what makes the real difference- and the reason why First Class was so good. Especially since this season is "Rise of the Villains" and I do think they have successfully made me care about Penguin and Riddler for what they are now rather than what they will be. Also, the antagonist is an actual threat now rather than will be a threat in the future.

Again, there could be different opinions on the matter and I fully respect, appreciate and probably even share some of your concerns.

As for it being dull and boring, the majority of Season 1 certainly was and Season 2 did start off on the wrong foot but in the past 3-4 episodes, I've been thoroughly entertained. Which was my point to begin with!

Anyway, I'll stop now since it's a Flash thread and I love this place and don't want to get kicked out!

I missed The Flash this week and can't wait for it to come back.

I will say that while I'm excited for Legends of Tomorrow, I'm a little bummed that they're using these Flash/Arrow crossover episodes as a backdoor pilot/introduction to the LOT show. I would rather have had these episodes be more closely related to what's really going on and important in either Flash or Arrow this season, and focused even more on the core characters of these two shows.

Couldn't disagree more. Flash is amazing and has just about ever thing you could want. Great action, story's, villain's, funny and emotional at the same time. Gotham has none of that. Gotham is dull and boring and I gave up on it after like episode 4 of this season and only watched it even that long because I love batman. Gotham is a bad show.

No it's not! :oldrazz:

I liked Flash, Arrow, Supergirl, Gotham, and Constantine. *Shrug*

Can't wait to get off work in a few hours and go watch Supergirl, before finally getting to see a new Flash. That week off has driven me nuts, I don't know what I'll do after this week when Flash, Arrow, Gotham, Walking Dead, and all the shows I love are on mid-season break.

Tonight's gonna be pretty cool I guess. Finish work exactly at 8, thank goodness for the DVRs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"