The Flash The Flash season 3 episode 11 "Dead or Alive"

KillerMcQueen

Superhero
Reaction score
THE FLASH
S3-E11 "DEAD OR ALIVE"

DC COMICS’ GYPSY ARRIVES ON EARTH-1 – H.R.’s past catches up with him when a bounty hunter with vibe powers named Gypsy arrives in Central City to bring him back to Earth-19 to stand trial for his crime. It turns out inter-dimensional travel is illegal on their Earth. H.R. surrenders but when Barry and Cisco find out that H.R.’s only hope would be to challenge Gypsy to a fight to the death, they intercede and Cisco offers to fight Gypsy instead.

Harry Jierjian directed the episode with story by Benjamin Raab and Deric A. Hughes and teleplay by Zack Stentz. Airdate 1/31/2017

Promo:
[YT]KgpsJZ4bcAs[/YT]

Last edited:
You know, I'd think Iris has been in the crosshairs enough times for Barry and Joe to trust that she won't get herself killed by going after a story.

They are really making people over the top with Wally.

Are we going to talk about how much Barry needs to up his speed every season?

They just vibed to Supergirl's world.

No idea why, but that was a nice little treat.

Only Cisco could flirt and NOT get killed at the same time lol!

Can we keep Gypsy?

Ugh, this is lame and so cliche. They could've found a better way to actually "win" instead of Cisco getting in one good hit and "I give up"

Looks like we're "stuck" with HR. Scenes with Wells and Cisco are always great.

Wally keeps improving and it was really nice to see Iris get a subplot this episode.

The scene where Barry was reading Iris' article seemed like one of the most Barry scenes we've gotten on this show so far.

Can we keep Gypsy?

Ugh, this is lame and so cliche. They could've found a better way to actually "win" instead of Cisco getting in one good hit and "I give up"

Worst part of the episode. The rest was pretty good. I loved the lego murder scene and Cisco flirting with the bad girl again.

I was kind of hoping they would reveal to the audience at the end that Gypsy was Ciscos female dopple lol.

I like this episode quite a bit, I liked the Cisco, Iris and Wally plots.

I liked the episode, but felt a little underwhelmed compared to LOT.

They just vibed to Supergirl's world.

No idea why, but that was a nice little treat.

Kind of sad Eve Teschmacher has to stay and work late at night though while James is off doing his Guardian shtick instead of being at work.

I was kind of hoping they would reveal to the audience at the end that Gypsy was Ciscos female dopple lol.
no that wouldn't make sense and no. lol just stop . it would be beyond creepy. if he firlted with him self that in female form. it not even incest (cause it's not but weirder) there it's masterion to the weirdest levels. Just stop. and he's top homer simpson when he did him self. ewwwwwwwwww.

This was a lot of fun.

Hadn't seen Camacho since Last Resort... she's still hot.

I hope Gypsy returns down the line. I think the Justice League Detroit needs to be formed.

It's a refresher for someone else besides Barry to save the day and Wally is getting the hang of his superhero career.

Julian is an interesting addition to the group since he fills the intellectual void left by the previous two Harrison Wells. I still think he's related to Rip Hunter!!

I hope Gypsy returns down the line. I think the Justice League Detroit needs to be formed.

It's a refresher for someone else besides Barry to save the day and Wally is getting the hang of his superhero career.

Julian is an interesting addition to the group since he fills the intellectual void left by the previous two Harrison Wells. I still think he's related to Rip Hunter!!

Because they only know how to write one kind of jerk English character?

Good episode. I liked that we're getting closer to Cisco being his old self while also evolving into a crimefighter. I liked Gypsy other than her name. That needs to go unless they decide she's not Cindy and her parents named her that without much thought. Yes I know comics, but come on. Jessie's not a Chambers either.

I like that Julian's making use as part of the team while still reporting for work. Man's got priorities.

H.R. develops enough to work if this is the final form Cavanagh takes. Not my favorite take, but Harry without Jessie would be irresponsible I guess and they left no room for an Earth-1 Harrison surviving, let alone to exonerate himself of Eobard's crimes. Don't think the writer's will ever touch that with a ten foot pull.

The twist that Barry doesn't need to get faster Wally does is new.:whatever:

In all serious if we're going to use Wally I'm glad he's not wasted anymore and is getting up to a level to help Barry. I get the feeling though that the show will run out speedster plots to top the last and need to cut back which will mean he or Barry will go. Either Barry "dies" as the final twist and that's probably being saved down the line when the movie's made, or Wally moves over to Legends and we lose another important Flash character to that show.

I wish they'd have gone with Iris doing actual reporting all along, but they can't even keep that consistent on Supergirl where that's what the main characters do. Of course people will complain that Iris didn't answer to daddy, or Barry, or whatever people are going to suddenly complain about after putting her down all season for doing nothing, but be supportive.

It'd certainly be a nice alternative to Legend's. A live action superteam show that doesn't hide behind a title character, a government agency, a business division, a police force, or a crime empire. Why hasn't it been done on TV outside of Legends?

-Gypsy was fun (and really REALLY hot), as was her dynamic with Cisco (and our man has a type it would seem, hot and dangerous). Hopefully we see her again.

-The Miss Tessmacher/Catco cameo was fun.

-The pop culture references all felt really cool.

-I SO wanted as Star Wars reference when they went to that lava planet (Mustafar anyone)?

-They remembered that Iris was a journalist, cool.

Good episode. I liked that we're getting closer to Cisco being his old self while also evolving into a crimefighter.

I think that's why I liked the episode so much. I've really missed cheerful, funny Cisco. Watching him mope around and scold HR just hasn't been much fun. Let's hope this personality development stays the same for the rest of the season.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"