The Flash The Flash Season 3 episode 19 "The Once and Future Flash"

KillerMcQueen

Superhero
Reaction score
THE FLASH
S3-E19 "THE ONCE AND FUTURE FLASH"

Hn82LyA.png

TOM CAVANAGH DIRECTS; BARRY TRAVELS TO THE FUTURE TO SAVE IRIS – Barry travels to the future to find out Savitar’s still unknown identity in the hopes of saving Iris. Upon his arrival in 2024, Barry encounters future versions of his Team Flash friends, who, following the death of Iris, have become very different people, profoundly impacted by their showdown with Savitar. It will be up to Barry to infuse a sense of hope back into the team, as he proves to be the hero his future friends have been waiting for. Meanwhile, back in 2017, the hunt for Killer Frost continues.

Tom Cavanagh directed the episode written by Carina Adly MacKenzie.
Airdate 4/25/2017.

Extended Promo:
[YT]UBVkwzxqFqQ[/YT]

Last edited:
Tom has become the first cast member to direct a Flash episode.

The once and future Flash is probably my all time favorite Flash story from the comics.

First, its back in the days of triple sized issues, which had tons of action and story - and it's got tons, as in a bunch of speedsters against the Reverse Flash, in an epic battle and an equally epic final showdown between Wally and Thawne.

Second, it's a great story and contains the moment Wally truly comes into his own and out from under Barry's shadow, where he accepts that he actually is the Flash and all that goes with it.

One of my favorite Mark Waid stories.

Anyway, I kind of hope they do it justice, but can't really see it based on the synopsis we've been given.

The once and future Flash is probably my all time favorite Flash story from the comics.

First, its back in the days of triple sized issues, which had tons of action and story - and it's got tons, as in a bunch of speedsters against the Reverse Flash, in an epic battle and an equally epic final showdown between Wally and Thawne.

Second, it's a great story and contains the moment Wally truly comes into his own and out from under Barry's shadow, where he accepts that he actually is the Flash and all that goes with it.

One of my favorite Mark Waid stories.

Anyway, I kind of hope they do it justice, but can't really see it based on the synopsis we've been given.

Yeah, not expecting this to have much in common with the story outside of the title, One of my favorite Flash stories as well though. I'm thinking it probably means we'll get an answer to exactly what Savitar means by saying "I'm the future Flash"

I would also seriously love to see them actually adapt that story at some point if they ever get to Wally actually being the Flash. Would be fun to see Grant play Eobard for that story.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure he said "I'm the future, Flash." Emphasis on the comma. He was saying he was the future, not that he was the Flash from the future. Huge difference.

By this universe's logic, it's amazing on how the Legends haven't gotten more involved with Barry's affairs considering on how many of his villains come from the future and alter present day eventz.

I'm pretty sure he said "I'm the future, Flash." Emphasis on the comma. He was saying he was the future, not that he was the Flash from the future. Huge difference.

That's what I mean, there's been some debate about that, I imagine this episode could clear up just what Savitar means, since I think he's said the line both ways.

I think everyone in Central City is quite happy that the Legends and their epic incompetence stay as far away as possible. They manage to screw things up as bad or worse than Flashpoint every couple episodes.

I think everyone in Central City is quite happy that the Legends and their epic incompetence stay as far away as possible. They manage to screw things up as bad or worse than Flashpoint every couple episodes.

True, but they're still great fun - I kind of think their incompetence is part of their charm.

I would enjoy the fun more if it weren't strongly predicated on all of history being filled with helpless irrelevant puds who can't tie their own shoes without a time traveler helping. Season 2 has leaned *real hard* into "The past is filled with ineffective morons, only people from the present/future can actually be heroes and achieve anything."

By this universe's logic, it's amazing on how the Legends haven't gotten more involved with Barry's affairs considering on how many of his villains come from the future and alter present day eventz.

There needs to be a crossover between Flash and Legends.

I wonder if Barry's new suit also has gold boots as well. 3

Oh man, that new Flash suit is CHOICE. I hope present day a Flash adopts it, because it is absolutely superior to the current one.

There needs to be a crossover between Flash and Legends.

I wonder if Barry's new suit also has gold boots as well. 3

I'll be over the moon if it has gold boots, can't wait for it to take the current suits place. Betting it will take over either in the S3 finale or the premiere of S4.

Last edited:
I like the future costume except the Cowl. It looks awful.

I think it's damn past time they brighten the red on Barry's suit.

That said, I've been waiting for an episode like this. I wanted to see a future adaptation of the traditional Flash suit, but must say it looks awkward, like the same suit, only with yellow streaks over it, and it doesn't go well with the brown leather...and that's the thing, it's still brown-leather. Red-brown. Blood-red. It doesn't look right. They have a big enough budget.

I get tired of trying to convince them producers that the brown-red has got to go. It's red in Justice League...

I hope later in the TV series, maybe next season, Barry meets another Earth Barry dopple ganger, wearing a post-apocalyptic suit, and another evil version of Barry Allen/The Flash with some variation of the suit.

I really wouldn't mind some changes once in a while.

You see how much of a change they did with the Spider-Man suit from Amazing Spider-Man 1 to Amazing Spider-Man 2. They took that risk. Major changes to the texture and color and logo to some degree, and audiences were pretty sold.

Another thing I'm wondering is how is Barry going to make that suit come out of his ring?

We see what changes Green Arrow made in season 4 with the suit. I think giving Barry's suit an upgrade with the color is not the only thing they should do, but give him a considerably larger upgrade for continuity. Does he always have to have the same texture? The padding, and yellow-lining, and that belt buckle? I'd like to see some new ear lightning-streaks as there's different versions in the comics.

Sick suit but I only want it if it comes out of a ring.

The new bits are nice, but it still has a lot of the problems of the current suit.

you said it perfectly. but they'd have been use if barry had any no I mean all piece of the crystal stone and he finally asked them to dump the crystals into the sun where no one not ever a over curious archeologist would look for it. but it's too late now.

So there no need and it would have been something they couldn't have screwed up.

you said it perfectly. but they'd have been use if barry had any no I mean all piece of the crystal stone and he finally asked them to dump the crystals into the sun where no one not ever a over curious archeologist would look for it. but it's too late now.

So there no need and it would have been something they couldn't have screwed up.

You say that.....

Right now, I have a question : Is this really a new suit ?
I mean the suit is nice but everyone is complaining that the changes are minor.
Indeed!
The picture looks weird. Except for the cowl. Would that be possible that it's the same suit that would be CGI-ied ? Just for one scene ?! It's seems probable to me suddenly. I mean, look at it !

Right now, I have a question : Is this really a new suit ?
I mean the suit is nice but everyone is complaining that the changes are minor.
Indeed!
The picture looks weird. Except for the cowl. Would that be possible that it's the same suit that would be CGI-ied ? Just for one scene ?! It's seems probable to me suddenly. I mean, look at it !

It is an entirely new suit. What you're likely being thrown off by is the difference in material between the jacket and the rubber cowl.

Last edited:
It is an entirely new suit. What you're likely being thrown off by is the difference in material between the jacket and the rubber cowl.

8 hope this isn't a one off deal where it's just his 2024 self's costume and not an updated one for the present timeline.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"