The Flash season 3 episode 22 "Infantino Street"

Discussion in 'The Flash' started by KillerMcQueen, Apr 28, 2017.

?

Rate "Infantino Street"

1. 10

2. 9

3. 8

4. 7

5. 6

6. 5

7. 4

8. 3

9. 2

10. 1

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. TheOnlyNameLeft Registered

The Chris-What was up with that scene then where HR criticizes himself for being a big mouth after Iris was already taken? How the heck would they explain this?

Exactly. And he was talking to Cisco alone if I recall. So no need to worry that Savitar (Barry) would be hip to the trap.

2. Jedi Arrow Vigilant Knight

Here's something interesting: Savitar (as Julian) flat-out told HR "Sadly, you're one of the ones who survives all this." That means, if it is HR, that he literally changes time just because he wants to be a hero. Which is actually pretty freaking awesome when you think about it. I don't want HR to die, but if he goes out changing Savitar's destiny, the timeline, and Iris's fate all because he just wanted to...wow. That's great. I would hope HR's death doesn't mean Cavanaugh won't be around as much next season, but even if it did, what a great sendoff for his character.

3. zenith16 Registered

I think HR is the reason savitar found out iris was on earth 2.

as to the latter
    savitar did let iris go during barry's fight with him when barry was using the spped for bazooka before he went back to her. I did say there's no way HR would be fast enough so he'd ether had to have had help from ether jessie who been missing v or wally to put a replacement other wsie where he was stand with his rifle was ontop of roof and there no way to for him self to do that with out help

4. flashpo1nt Registered

not a bad episode, just sucks most of the episode was based on getting the power source for the speedforce gun, and in the end it doesn't work because savitar has the stone to protect him, and the fact he kills iris like he said he was going to.

if that wasn't the real iris then it was someone (possibly H.R) using the device to change there appearance.

i also believe savitar gains extra speed with having the stone in possession and think his suit powers him up, it looks like its charged with tachyon energy source hence maybe the blue glow from it. In the suit you can't see him really, but his streak is blue lightning but when he's out of the suit he has the normal flash lightning.

5. zenith16 Registered

the suit is protect's him from being pulled into the speed force like it did trajectory when her energy went blue. when it's blue it mean your going in higher speeds then you should according to the show. and then you fade into the speed force like she did the season before.

6. TheGearMan Hero

So... why didn't they just wipe Barry's memory again? Seems like it's a good way to buy time.

7. mqg96 Registered

Yeah that's what I think too. I believe Savitar/Future Barry can run fast enough to make his lightning light blue without his suit, but if he does that then his skin would disintegrate, like you said with Trajectory, although her entire way of getting speed was through the Velocity 9 drug.

When Zoom's time remnant was on Earth 1 (while the team was on Earth 2) he didn't run as fast as he could have, he made sure his lightning stayed yellow/orange so Iris and Caitlin wouldn't know he was really Zoom with dark blue lightning. Like Caitlin said last season "Jay took Velocity 9 and his lightning didn't turn blue." Barry asks "How fast was he running?" Iris answers "Not as fast as Eliza." Which mean speedsters can change their color of lightning depending on what speed they're going.

Speaking of blue lightning being higher speeds on the show. I think Savitar's lightning being "light blue" means he's really fast with pure natural connection to the speed force. While Zoom's "dark blue" lightning meant he was really fast with a sick corrupted connection to the speed force with the Velocity drug.

8. DarthSkywalker May the Force Be With You

Iris is a barely character and that has caused her function in the show to be a problem. What I dislike is her place in the story, and how it effects the other characters. She serves no other purpose then to be the object of Barry's affection and to work as a pressure point for Joe and Barry. Its poor writing they haven't really fixed since the first season and has gotten way worse this season imo.

9. zenith16 Registered

while this is true I still have this nagging feeling that trajectory is still a live and is in the speed force. it was just her suit that was disintegrated. and I have feeling saviter may have went through this him self already, with his face being scared. and this will likely happen to barry at some point. heb technally was trapped when he got back his speed and gave jessie and wally who powers were dormant powers. (then wally process was ruched by the crystals savitar has.)

But other wise he seems fine. but he didn't want to go through the experience again. so he had the suit built in 2024 where he battled the future barry the first time and was put /locked into the crystals with the suit he built after face the small army of time remanents.

ohhh so much need to be addressed to confirm this though. and it 'll likely not happen.

10. javonstokess Registered

The whole time that Savitar is running around while Barry shoots at him with the Ghostbuster gun, Jesse Quick could have run HR (disguised as Iris) over and made the switch.

HR would essentially have been "betting" on the gun to work, which he's essentially been doing since the scientist came on the show. He believed the gun would work which is why he'd take Iris' place.

11. zenith16 Registered

yeah I said so in spoiler tags since vartha the mod and few other's have been pushing this . it's ine inthe post above withe poster the Chris. It's the only way it makes sense to me. How ever Jessie hasn't been seen since she left since Sarita freaked her out and I also suggest wally if not Jessie .

Now the other issue if it is indeed HR that was switched out in place of iris who's the one that looks like H.R. with the rifle on the roof top doing what joe's playing sniper? the only other person that would make sense would H.R. scientist girl friend but her mannerism's looked a lot like H.R.

12. DarthSkywalker May the Force Be With You

This has probably been brought up, but why didn't they just put Iris in Argus?

13. mqg96 Registered

With power dampeners? I never thought of this, although the characters would have had to come up with the plan without Barry knowing.

14. zenith16 Registered

in show it's the same reason they didn't move past earth 2 star labs portal gate way once they came to earth 2. << (they're just not bright) out side it ruin the writers plans to have her captured.

yeah barry told her to leave and not tell him already and yet .... it's interesting they didn't think of this when they were planning to rob Argus. then joe and his police force would have had a chance . More importantly they still never came to them once it was said. barry I'm sorry please leave the room .

#164 zenith16, May 18, 2017
    Last edited: May 18, 2017
  15. CyclopsSummers Registered

Barry should call Supergirl for help to defeat Savitar and save Iris

16. Dark Raven The Gal from Themyscira

Flash didn't create any time remnants in his battle with Savitar, so how does Savitar exist? Unless the time remnants come from the battle with Savitar in next week's episode?

And I don't get this HR is Iris swap theory. When would he have had the chance to take her place? Savitar seized Iris on Earth 2 and had her the whole time in his possession. There wouldn't have been the opportunity to change places with her, even during the time when Barry was trying to shoot Savitar with the speed bazooka.

I think Captain Cold's advice about having a plan and then expecting the plan to go wrong and throwing out the plan might be something Team Flash puts to use. Maybe they've planned for the speed bazooka going wrong and had a backup plan. Or at least, one would hope so.

And how come Barry has not told Cisco to watch out for his hands all this time? Killer Frost shattered them according to the future timeline.

17. KidFlash6969 Registered

The whole time I was wonering why Iris couldn't just go crash with Harry or Jesse on another earth for a month or so. I was glad to see that covered and it made total sense that they wouldn't have told that to Barry

Gotta say though, Welles really blew it... I mean, even if that was our Barry he told Iris's location too, he still would be telling Savitar given that Savitar remembers everything Barry does...

18. KidFlash6969 Registered

Also I wouldn't mind if the next season gets into the comic book storyline of Iris actually being a baby planted in the past from the future...

I always loved when the old, battle hardened Iris came back from the future to help out Wally or Bart. This could actually be a way to make the show's version of Iris a lot more interesting if they go that route

19. Dark Raven The Gal from Themyscira

Could Iris actually be an LMD and Savitar just thinks he's stabbed her, but she's going to appear shortly in the next episode to shoot him?

20. Spider-Fan83 with great power...

for me, the only way the HR theory works is if he acted alone, no way would anyone else willingly help him sacrifice himself even to save Iris... Jess especially give his resemblances to her dad

I mean if he had that much faith in the gun working why switch places at all

21. Dark Raven The Gal from Themyscira

Maybe the actual switcheroo is not that he took Iris's place, but that he worked in tandem with Earth 2 Wells. Maybe he contacted him, and Wells, Joe and Wally had an Iris stand in over there ready for Savitar to kidnap. Then HR deliberately let it slip that Iris was "safe" on Earth 2, knowing that one way or another, Savitar would find out, either directly as he did, or via gaining Barry's memories if HR told him.

Or maybe the speed bazooka does work, but not the way Barry thought. Maybe the one he used against Savitar is a decoy, and out of the frame, HR or Harry used a speed bazooka on Iris to zap her away, either into the speed force or elsewhere, while placing a duplicate in her place.

22. KidFlash6969 Registered

I honestly think Iris is actually dead

1. She died in the comics (revealed to have actually been planted in the past as a baby by her Time Masters-esque birth parents, as an essential part of the timeline due to her influence on Barry)

2. I've felt that this season arc should end with a punishment for Barry creating flashpoint. Iris dying as an indirect result of that makes the season arch connect

23. Spider-Fan83 with great power...

yes, I to am beginning to suspect that H.R. did it on purpose as part of a plan, but still think he was more or less working alone... at least in terms of the main team, away

he may have made plans with earth 2 team on the side, unbeknown to Cisco an others (hence putting on the act for Cisco about how he screwed up)

I think if such a switch was made it was before they even sent her to earth 2 and she actually stays disguised as H.R., an it was H.R. disguised as her who went to earth 2 (so it was Iris pretending to be H.R. who gave away the location) but it might have been just him an Iris who knew about it

24. Dark Raven The Gal from Themyscira

That's the only kind of clever switch I can think of that will also retroactively improve the plotholes in this episode. But I don't think it is HR posing as Iris. Iris knew things about Joe and what they did together when she was younger which HR couldn't possibly know.

And I certainly don't buy the theory that HR got Jessie Quick to come along suddenly (or Wally) and help him make the switch at the last minute while Barry was fighting Savitar.

I think the speed bazooka deliberately didn't work. The vision that Cisco had of HR or Harry holding one also may not be inaccurate or changed, but simply that it was out of our picture. Maybe one of these Wells was still present but used it in a different way to what everyone expected.

Who were there when Captain Cold gave his 4 rules for a plan, which included expecting the plan to go wrong and throwing the plan out of the window? I think Snart's words were said for a reason in this episode, because it was something that would be used.

Also, Snart said not to try to beat Savitar at his own game, but for Barry to use his goodness. I think that's also going to come into play, if it hasn't already.

I'm sad that Cold never got to face off against Killer Frost. That was a real missed opportunity. Did they never think of that?

25. zenith16 Registered

this is why I also say wally makes sense as well. those two have an understanding and he does want to save his sister. it's ether jessie or "wally" that will be able to do that for H.R. and make the swap between those two. and Jessie hasn't been seen since especially on earth 2 waiting at the gateway of earth 2 star labs like they wanted iris kidnapped. what ever that was about .

#175 zenith16, May 19, 2017
    Last edited: May 19, 2017