The Flash The Flash season 3 episode 5 - "Monster"

KillerMcQueen

Superhero
Reaction score
THE FLASH
S3-E5 "MONSTER"

CAITLIN CALLS ON HER MOTHER FOR HELP WITH HER GROWING META POWERS — Desperate to understand what is happening to her, Caitlin visits her mother, Dr. Tannhauser (guest star Susan Walters), a renowned biomedical researcher, in the hopes that her mother can provide some answers about Caitlin’s growing meta-human powers. However, when Dr. Tannhauser treats her daughter like a test subject, Caitlin grows cold and brings up past wounds causing the two to have a major blowout. Meanwhile, after a mysterious new meta-human attacks Central City, Barry tries to convince Julian to let him assist on the case.

Kim Miles directed the episode written by Zack Stentz

Last edited:
I think this is what will cause Caitlin to take a dark turn towards villainy.

I think this is what will cause Caitlin to take a dark turn towards villainy.
Bingo. i suspect I hope it's short lived though there are other killer frost ladys and I rather Caitlin not stay that for too long just one version of her was like that in one reality doesn't she has to end up the very same way .

And as I said seeing there are other ladys that took the name I rather if she's becomes a her she take an original name for her self as a hero Frost bite. well just as long as it's original and not taken from another hero. they had to make the wild storm universe separate again with the name spartan and I'm not sure how long that will last I hope it ether stays as it's own universe or dc sell's wild storm cause they don't fit since jim lee created to be so similar to marvel which would be a better fit. especially the wild c.a.t. being so close to X-men and storm watch and authority being so close to avengers.

Last edited:
Based on what Wells said, it makes me wonder what swerve the Wells character will reveal this time.

Season 1: Revealed that he was Reverse Flash.
Season 2: Needed Barry to rescue his daughter from Zoom, ended up temporarily helping Zoom by stealing Barry's speed.

Based on what Wells said, it makes me wonder what swerve the Wells character will reveal this time.

Season 1: Revealed that he was Reverse Flash.
Season 2: Needed Barry to rescue his daughter from Zoom, ended up temporarily helping Zoom by stealing Barry's speed.

Needs to rescue the daughter of the Reverse Flash :ftc:

CAITLIN CALLS ON HER MOTHER FOR HELP WITH HER GROWING META POWERS — Desperate to understand what is happening to her, Caitlin visits her mother, Dr. Tannhauser (guest star Susan Walters), a renowned biomedical researcher, in the hopes that her mother can provide some answers about Caitlin’s growing meta-human powers.
OH MY GOD, CAITLIN'S MOM IS MRS. JOHNNY CAGE.
Now I want to see him make a guest appearance in this show.

I still contend, and hope, that the titular "Monster" will be Caitlyn's mother, not Caitlyn herself. Hopefully they continue with the trend so far, and have Caitlyn reveal her secret to the rest of the team. And also, the lot of them help her handle it well.

I'll assume the monster is that weird titan like creature in the promo.

Well, yes, but its virtually certain that the title is intended to have at least a double meaning.

The-Flash-30502.jpg

The-Flash-30503.jpg

The-Flash-30504.jpg

The-Flash-30505.jpg

The-Flash-30506.jpg

The-Flash-30507.jpg

Before getting deep into the episode, does anyone else find Caitlin going to her mother for an explanation on her abilities is similar to Silver Banshee going to her aunt for advice on Supergirl?

ha the adventures of H R Wells

he's probably not even a real scientist, just writes science fiction
(that's why he's just been repeating back everything they say)

Last edited:
I'm disappointed that the monster was fake.

Really enjoying Caitlins storyline this season, glad that she is getting decent material.

While I had a lot of problems with this episode, I have to say the ending was a great scene. Who knew Draco had such acting chops?

I wonder...do any of the Wells leave Star Labs? Do they just stay inside all day in that small area of the company? Does the company even make money?

This was probably my favorite episode of the season. The main plots all felt well-developed. HR managed to jump out of annoying mode and became funny. His "secret" was surprisingly hilarious. And we're getting our first glimpse of evil Caitlin. I also enjoyed how Julian doesn't have some personal grievance against the metas, he just resents how they misuse their powers. Finally, the villain was really sympathetic.

On the down side, it didn't make a lot of sense for the monster to be a hologram. I'm pretty sure I saw it shake the ground.

That was the strangest bad guy of the show. I was certain they were going to call him [blackout] Hiro Okamura[/blackout] but it never happened. It felt off.

the whole hologram plot twist reminded me of the episode from Static Shock with the kid who could make imaginary monsters...

tho, glad it turn out to just be a computer thing not a power

He's the Muse...

So he's a huge con artist? Love it! But also a con artist who has apparently seen more metahumans than Team Flash has yet to date. Interesting hearing about World War M he was describing. If he wasn't fibbing and it wasn't a line from a book he wrote that is. That would give them a great insight into other metahumans when they show up.

I was expecting more from the Caitlyn story line in this though. I was thinking it was her mother who using her as a lab-rat, only for it to turn out to be an assistant. Who by the way was feeling the same way Caitlyn did about her work being swamped by her mother's reputation.

A nice twist too on the villain this week. A red-herring that exposes Julian's reasons for being the way he is. He turned away from his family's expectations for his own path in life, only to have that path suddenly peter out, and so he is striving hard to reclaim what he feels he lost. And here comes Barry, apparently flaunting all the rules Julian adheres to and not suffering at all for it.

Can be a little grating...

It'll be interesting to see if this truce they ended the show with will last. Or if Julian will reclaim his haughty disposition and will continue to be a needle in Barry's side.

I wonder...do any of the Wells leave Star Labs? Do they just stay inside all day in that small area of the company? Does the company even make money?
harry from earth 2 did and got alot of grief every time he did some bad fallowed him and he was SHOT BY SPIVOT & when she asked joe "what was going ?" Joe weirdly turned the blame on her and told her to get out of the labs. the other was with a teenager that ages when ever he used his meta ability of super strength cause he blame earth 1( wh owe know was thawn) well and he didn't know harry from earth 2 was fake earth well (who was thawn)

And harry from earth was just trying to get Jessie back so he knew she was safe. Jessie ran off to college on earth 1 so he wouldn't kill any more villain or other wise in the name of her protection or saving of her self by harry.

season 2 was a mess but it show cased ever time harry from earth went out in broad day light that the consequence were dire. which was a contrast from arrow with Malcolm that went out all hours day or night for strolls in star city with out anyone random trying to kill him . which alot should have happened in that show it does in flash the black list and every where else. .

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"