The Flash The Flash Season 4 Episode 17: "Null and Annoyed"

NotNickFury

Superhero
Reaction score
Because there wasn't one.

[YT]SILg4wtGxIQ[/YT]

So Breacher can still vibe to other Earths but he can't throw his vibes? I would think opening portals takes more out of you. But they could've at least showed him being physically and mentally weaker then when we last saw him

Yet another episode where Ralph has to learn to be heroic. Yay.

I'm disappointed that they didn't make the Vampire into a doppelganger of someone we knew.

I am 100% over DeVoe/Thinker. They have made him so uninteresting and vile.

So was that Morena Baccarin voicing Gideon in the end there or Amy Pemberton, I'm wondering.

Or, heck, maybe even a a third voice...but sounded like Baccarin to me.

I'm pretty sure it was Amy. Hasnt she been the only voice for Gideon?

Baccarin did the voice for Gideon in the first two seasons. And I think that might have been before she became a mainstay on Gotham as Leslie Thompkins.

Danny Trejo's acting...woah, do they tell him to be like that?

I am not usually annoyed by Ralph, but he was really stupid this episode. Even though they seem to be pushing him I still see him being a one season and done character just like Malfoy and the others.

Jay and Silent Bob officially exist in the DC tv universe and they are regular everyday men.

Another stupid episode showing that they don't have a 22-ep arc for this villain.

Barry berating Ralph for cracking jokes when Cisco has been doing the same for 3.5 seasons.

Breacher talking about vacationing on other earths. Isn't the point of his job to stop people from doing just that?

After a hiatus, the show came back...with mixed/lukewarm results.

The producers/writers/director found the ratings were falling.
Most viewers attribute this to the lack of focus on the Flash or the Flash being made stupid/incompetent/lack independance.
The producers/writers/director need to make the Flash being stupid/incompetent/lack independance to promote feminism/girl-power.
The producers/writers/director decided to supplement the episode with cameo's from other stars (Jay and Silent Bob/Danny Trejo) in hopes of distracting viewers from the Flash being made stupid/incompetent/lack independance.
The producers/writers/director toned down Iris 'We-are-the-Flash' just a little bit while using Null to promote feminism/girl-power by making the Flash being stupid/incompetent/lack independance.

Problems with the episode:
- Barry made the unreasonably incompetent decision to stop Null the first time in civillian mode with Ralph eventhough they already knew she was a meta-criminal, probably to promote feminism/girl-power.
- Barry made the ridiculously stupid decision to turn his back to Null to get the necessary handcuffs from Ralph, which makes you wonder why they didn't carry one each eventhough they already knew she was a meta-criminal.
- Barry suddenly makes an out-of-character decision to boss Ralph to his way of thinking like middle-management with Iris coming out as the wise understanding upper-management of the Flash. Since when did the Flash ever boss other people into his way of thinking? He couldn't even do that with the whole team during an alien invasion.
- No one in broad daylight reported seeing a flying car with a guy screaming inside, no pointing pedestrians or video-recording since Null had to do this near the jewelry before going inside to rob the place?
- The Flash couldn't spare enough time to knockout Null before saving the falling guy? Not enough time to think? What happened to Flashtime?
- The necessary handcuffs could be lockpicked? What happened to Iris bossing the team?
- The Flash suddenly being unable to think outside the box, as opposed to the previous seasons where he had to think of ways outside the box to use his superspeed to save the day. Example: vibrate a whole moving train to pass through debris, rotating arms to generate wind tunnels, run up buildings, speed-lightning, speed-armour...
- Barry suddenly develops selective amnesia on why people could joke while being a hero despite doing similar things in previous seasons, especially during team-ups with Green Arrow or Supergirl.
- No one thought to shoot the intruder when Null crashed the museum party, eventhough the Crown was just recently robbed, there were no security? Despite the mayor's propaganda against meta's from previous episodes?
- Seriously, the Flash incompetently still didn't use superspeed to just tranq her or knock her out. If he had time to move the guests, he should have had ample time to do so when Null turned around and did the spiderman pose.
- The Flash conveniently forgot to make a plan against Null's powers contrary to his out-of-character insistence on making plans from the start of this episode.
You could almost see how the episode was originally supposed to show Barry learn how to use speedarm-airfunnels to manoeuvre in the air.
- Null couldn't lockpick the cuffs on her feet eventhough it should have been easier to reach than the first time. If these were new improved cuffs, why didn't the Flash put them on her at the start?
- The amount of air Dibny sucked in was not even closely proportional to his whoopee-inflation.

Good things about the episode:
- Iris 'we-are-the-Flash' has been toned down.
- Cameo from Jay and Silent Bob/Danny Trejo.
- Ralph using his mimic powers.
- Plot thickens at the end of the episode with...*dun dun dun* Dr.Harrison Wells meeting Gideon...again?

The producers/writers/director need to make the Flash being stupid/incompetent/lack independance to promote feminism/girl-power.

The producers/writers/director toned down Iris 'We-are-the-Flash' just a little bit while using Null to promote feminism/girl-power by making the Flash being stupid/incompetent/lack independance.

Barry made the unreasonably incompetent decision to stop Null the first time in civillian mode with Ralph eventhough they already knew she was a meta-criminal, probably to promote feminism/girl-power.

Barry suddenly makes an out-of-character decision to boss Ralph to his way of thinking like middle-management with Iris coming out as the wise understanding upper-management of the Flash. Since when did the Flash ever boss other people into his way of thinking? He couldn't even do that with the whole team during an alien invasion.
This has happened before with Barry in regards to male characters.
Barry berating Ralph for cracking jokes when Cisco has been doing the same for 3.5 seasons.
Eh. I don't think Cisco cracking jokes is the same as taking nothing seriously and putting whoopie cushions in peoples seats.

Last edited:
Yeah, so I think I'm all set with this show for now, which is sad for me to say. I just don't have it in me to continue devoting time to it each week if this is how it's going to be.

This season has been a steaming pile of "meh". After yet another hiatus, the show returned last night with another seemingly pointless, Ralph-centric, "filler" episode that was hard for me to get through.

This series needs a major overhaul for next season. Needs to be more focused, more serious, and more serialized with a more gripping overarching storyline that runs through the season.

Also, could someone please let me know if/when Ralph is killed off so I can start watching again?

Yeah, so I think I'm all set with this show for now, which is sad for me to say. I just don't have it in me to continue devoting time to it each week if this is how it's going to be.

This season has been a steaming pile of "meh". After yet another hiatus, the show returned last night with another seemingly pointless, Ralph-centric, "filler" episode that was hard for me to get through.

This series needs a major overhaul for next season. Needs to be more focused, more serious, and more serialized with a more gripping overarching storyline that runs through the season.

Also, could someone please let me know if/when Ralph is killed off so I can start watching again?

Flash and Arrow are in the same boat. Hopelessly lost, wandering from week to week in search of something to fill time.

Supergirl has been spared this fate though they had a dumb ep where Alex's personality was totally changed for no good reason.

DCLOT is great--as a full fledged comedy show.

I wonder how much this universe misses the sexual harasser. I hope someone can better fill that role next season(s).

Well that was moderately dull. Another episode of the team not seeing eye to eye, then making up and defeating the bad guy at the end. How many times now have Barry & Ralph had a talk? It also seems overly evident at this point that DeVoe will slip up where his wife is concerned, and she'll be key to helping defeat him - all whilst dying in the process.

Also, Wells. Why am I getting Thawne vibes?

Breacher talking about vacationing on other earths. Isn't the point of his job to stop people from doing just that?
Well spotted. I guess Gypsy will have to hunt down her Dad. I also wonder, but if Cisco were to join Gypsy (I doubt he would, but if he did) would said organisation allow for an outsider to join their ranks?

Flash and Arrow are in the same boat. Hopelessly lost, wandering from week to week in search of something to fill time.

Supergirl has been spared this fate though they had a dumb ep where Alex's personality was totally changed for no good reason.

I wonder how much this universe misses the sexual harasser. I hope someone can better fill that role next season(s).

Meanwhile, Gotham seems to be creatively thriving.

It's just a sad situation for the CW DC shows.

Isn't it interesting how opinions differ? I happen to think Arrow is doing okay this season - I'm liking the drama between the (now) teams, and the low(er) level villain. Flash is the most boring CW show of the five at the moment, with Supergirl close behind. I'm enjoying Legends and Lightning - respectively for different reasons.

Wow lots of complaining and threats to stop watching, yet I’ll bet next week ,because they watched, I see the same people making the same type of comments.

Meanwhile, Gotham seems to be creatively thriving.

It's just a sad situation for the CW DC shows.
If Gotham is doing so great why does the Cancel Bear have it as likely cancelled. Fox moved it to Thursday so it wasn’t up against Supergirl. Personality I think it will get one more season to make 100 episodes for syndication.
http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/renewcancel/cancel-bear-vs-fox-week-28-gotham-no-longer-has-much-upside/

Last edited:
This season had a chance to be really good if Devoe didn't become a flat character every other week. What happened to Sandilands? Now we're stuck with mediocre actors and actresses playing the big bad of the season

The Devoes' story was the most interesting thing for me.

Wasn't feeling the Ralph and Team Flash stuff. But, at least Null wasn't boring to watch.

That was a looooong wait, and it's wonderful to have the G.O.A.T. super hero show back. This week's eppy was well-crafted in almost every aspect. I missed seeing Joe, and at this point, Flash should be familiar enough with his abilities to slow his descent if he's falling. However, this week was an easy 9, bordering on 10. The Smith & Mewes cameos were GOLD!

So is the helmet making Well's like DeVoe or is that not Harry Wells?

Isn't it interesting how opinions differ? I happen to think Arrow is doing okay this season - I'm liking the drama between the (now) teams, and the low(er) level villain. Flash is the most boring CW show of the five at the moment, with Supergirl close behind. I'm enjoying Legends and Lightning - respectively for different reasons.

Forgot about Black Lightening. I've been enjoying that this season. Certainly more interesting than The Flash has been.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"