The Flash Season 4 Episode 17: "Null and Annoyed"

Discussion in 'The Flash' started by NotNickFury, Apr 10, 2018.

?

Rate the Episode

1. 1

2. 2

3. 3

4. 4

5. 5

6. 6

7. 7

8. 8

9. 9

10. 10

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. jaqua99

jaqua99 ....I need a horse!

Yeah I think I am over this show for the season.

The show is flat out aweful now. Forget Barry, its the "Make Iris God" show. Make Barry unlikeable and stupid to make Iris the sage.

This show should be ashamed of itself

2. shabadoo25

shabadoo25 Well-Known Member

Arrow has done nothing but recycle old plot points. Deathstroke, the killer drug, the League of Assassins, the Russians. It's like a greatest hits album.

3. Flash525

Flash525 The Scarlet Messenger

And where exactly has Flash excelled? We've had three mysterious speedsters with hidden identities for christ sakes! Talk about recycling.

DeVoe had promise, but has been butchered.

4. flashpo1nt

flashpo1nt Active Member

thought to myself the same thing...i really hope they don't bring thawne back in the form of wells again, enough is enough with the wash and repeat villains...thawne/reverse flash has already made enough appearances at least so far in this series. no need to revert back to the series first villain, if thats the case the writers have some serious writers block or need new writers for the show.

the ending was a cliffhanger, it made you think is that really wells or not, is the helmet linking wells and devoes mind together so devoe can influence wells to do stuff.

earth 2 wells already knew about the room and how to access it, so that part isn't surprising....so it could be possible that it really is earth 2 wells and he's going in there to see if gideon can provide answers on how to defeat/find devoe.

could just a be a coincidence gideon recognizes wells appearance, being somewhat of an artificial intelligence i could swear there was an episode where gideon recognized barry and called him barry allen....though i could be wrong.

hopefully the rest of the season is good.

5. herolee10

herolee10 No More Miracles

If Tom hadn't joined the cast as Harrison Wells, with the show having used Matt Letscher for the entire time in the Reverse Flash/Harrison Wells role, then Tom would have been the better choice (imho) to play the Thinker (especially where they didn't use the plot device of where the character constantly changes its host body).

6. Flash525

Wasn't it Kadabra (or Alakazam?) that stated DeVoe as one of Barry's defeated enemies? The timeline would have it that he is, ultimately defeated, it's just down to the team to figure out how to do that, though you would think (hah) that the thinker (DeVoe) would know he's going to lose, especially if he knows about the future (which he does), so...

See, Gideon is an odd one; she recognised Thawne as Thawne several times (both in disguise as Wells, and out), yet she did specifically state Wells in this episode, so maybe it is really Earth 2 Harry, though I just don't get what that scene was all about.

It further begs belief as to why Barry and co didn't ask Gideon how to defeat DeVoe yet either; maybe they've forgotten about Gideon, and it took Harry's Hat to remind him that Gideon actually exists?

7. Lantern Venom

Lantern Venom Lego SUCKS

The show has effectively presented villains like Grodd, Zoom, and King Shark. It's innovative on a weekly basis.

8. Flash525

:pal:

9. Dark Raven

Dark Raven The Gal from Themyscira

I wish they would use Amy Pemberton for all iterations of Gideon. While they used Morenna Baccarin initially, that was before they had fully established the character.

Is it even the same Gideon, or she one of many AIs, like Ava is one of many in Legends?

Is the thinking cap affecting Wells? Or is he simply trying to gain future knowledge from Gideon and that end scene is merely a red herring to make us think something is up with him?

This wasn't a very interesting episode. I don't care about Breacher. Null was a boring villain too.

I hope Marlize is able to break free from Devoe's drugs. I'm guessing she might eventually and that she turns on Devoe after she realises he has become a monster who is using her.

10. Lantern Venom

Lantern Venom Lego SUCKS

Its brought to life concepts and characters that many people, myself included, thought were impossible to produce on a TV budget. That's why it stands above other comic book hero shows.

11. Flash525

In your opinion at least.

Larger than life, or super-powered characters aren't all that good if they're not wrote very well.

12. Lantern Venom

Lantern Venom Lego SUCKS

It was CW's highest rated show for 3 years, so that's validation that it is written well. More importantly, it has the spirit of the comics which has made Flash one of DC's top 5 most popular characters for over 75 years. I'm not sure what the small, vocal group of detractors want to see since the show is hitting the comics' major notes.

13. shabadoo25

shabadoo25 Well-Known Member

22 episodes with none that are purely filler. Characters not repeating the same themes over and over. Also, learning and not endlessly repeating their mistakes. No lame plot contrivances that sideline Flash so that someone else has to solve things. Continuing with the fun spirit of S1 and not being so maudlin all the time. For starters.

14. Lantern Venom

Lantern Venom Lego SUCKS

None of the characters are in stasis. All of the major players have had multiple, interesting arcs. The only big mistake that the show has made so far, going back to a 3rd speedster in S3, has been pleasantly rectified this season.

15. mace1

mace1 Well-Known Member

What do you think of izombie?
    That's cw dc show too.

16. Babillygunn

Babillygunn Tag team champion

I agree 100% about Arrow. I’d rank this season as the 3rd best for the reasons you mentioned. Flash has been down. Better than the Savitar storyline but still down.

I really can’t get into Legends. And I haven’t had time to watch supergirl like I’d like to.

17. igoogol

igoogol Well-Known Member

Wrong post.