The Flash The Flash Season 4 Episode 21: "Harry and the Harrisons"

NotNickFury

Superhero
Reaction score
With DeVoe’s Enlightenment device nearly complete, in order to disable it The Flash (Grant Gustin) and his team must put their faith in an unlikely ally – Amunet Black (guest star Kattee Sackhoff).

Meanwhile, Harry (Tom Cavanagh) hits an all-time low when the “Council of Wells” kicks him out but then Cisco (Carlos Valdes) introduces him to the “Council of Harrisons.”

[YT]7wavUI8EnaU[/YT]

Barry/Iris have a very large house.

Can we stop with all the Wells? We don't need two councils.

I want Katee to come back on the regular next season.

DeVoe's plan is the dumbest thing this show could've come up with.

You would think Amunet would find a better way to carry around her toys.

Still can't believe that this snake thing behind the eye is a power. Is that a metahuman thing?

This was a waste of an episode.

Last edited:
Just stumbled across a couple of clips on instagram, as I haven’t been watching weekly lately. Man this season has really dipped in quality, which is such a shame. I really hope season 5 is much like Arrow season 5 and really realivitalizes the show again.

Honestly not surprised, each season big big plan of the bad guy gets considerably dumber. Zoom’s magnatar and Savitar’s splicing across time were ridiculous. Wish they would just keep it simple like Thawne’s.

I still can't believe making people dumb is the master plan of the season...wow.

Honestly not surprised, each season big big plan of the bad guy gets considerably dumber. Zoom’s magnatar and Savitar’s splicing across time were ridiculous. Wish they would just keep it simple like Thawne’s.
I disagree. I thought going home was lamer.

Last edited:
Cisco sure got over that break up quickly.

And when this Wells dies they have no need to replace him if this is what we have left of Wells.

lol Iris publishing an article?! She still a reporter?

Agreed. I can't believe there's a room full of writers somewhere who agreed this was, not just a good idea, but their best option. Man, this season really fell off after a relatively promising start.

All the Harrys always make me cringe. It feels like the whole crew just likes Cavanaugh too much to not indulge his impression-fests.

I just want this season to be done with, so I can just be done with it. Good god, this show fell apart.

I’ll always have S1.

Agreed. I can't believe there's a room full of writers somewhere who agreed this was, not just a good idea, but their best option. Man, this season really fell off after a relatively promising start.

All the Harrys always make me cringe. It feels like the whole crew just likes Cavanaugh too much to not indulge his impression-fests.

The thing is, this used to be a "Status" show. In fact Katee Sackoff was on this episode. I wish they could bring in Bruce Campbell or Eliza Dushku instead of indulging Cavanaugh's Shatnerian habits.

This was a meh episode for me.

Council of Wells and Counsil of Harrisons were a colossal waste of time.

Don’t know how you one could come to the conclusion that Marlize left Clifford. But ok.

I was confused what the article was supposed to achieve until that last scene.

I guess we’re gonna act like DeVoe can’t change his face once he knows that people are looking for him.

I’m still baffled at the idea of DeVoe’s plan. I guess that’s why the writers waited so long to show what it was. They know it’s dumb too.

This was a meh episode for me.

Council of Wells and Counsil of Harrisons were a colossal waste of time.

Don’t know how you one could come to the conclusion that Marlize left Clifford. But ok.

I was confused what the article was supposed to achieve until that last scene.

I guess we’re gonna act like DeVoe can’t change his face once he knows that people are looking for him.

I’m still baffled at the idea of DeVoe’s plan. I guess that’s why the writers waited so long to show what it was. They know it’s dumb too.

Alot of filler and alot of pulling plot out of the air. Seriously harry is loosing his genius but yet somehow can tell devoe and his seperated when they havent been privy to that breakup and have no reason to suspect otherwise? This team cqn figure that out but all season couldnt figure out devoes plan? This episode was a representation of the whole season in one big word FILLER

I don't think it's any worse really than Thawne's plan in s1.

Iris can't be a very thoughtful wife if she at least doesn't have her phone on mute in the mornings...

There are a whole host of problems with Devoe's master plan. One is that he is already boatloads smarter than the rest of the world. Why dumb them down to vegetables? What is to be gained?

Flash and Arrow both are heading to season endings that could be easily countered by bringing in all the other heroes they know to help them out. I know, I know, they can't. I still think they should lean towards smaller crises so that calling in the Scoobies doesn't make too much sense.

This episode had a few good moments here and there. Not feeling Devoe's plan and he started off so strong until the "twist"

Hopefully they continue with the Iris as a reporter thing next season.

Any idea if Wally is coming back soon?

Flash and Arrow both are heading to season endings that could be easily countered by bringing in all the other heroes they know to help them out. I know, I know, they can't. I still think they should lean towards smaller crises so that calling in the Scoobies doesn't make too much sense.
That's a bit one-way I'd think? Barry, or even Kara could easily step in and sort Diaz out, but I don't think Ollie could do much against DeVoe or Reign. :oldrazz:

Oddly though, this is where it differs between DC and Marvel; Marvel (generally) has it's heroes as global, whereas DC oddly seems to have heroes more focused on a particular location; Gotham, National City, Central City, Star(ling) City (etc)

Any idea if Wally is coming back soon?
Conveniently written out, though having him on Legends provides the show (and character) some further advancement. Wally is, and would continue to be underused on Flash; too many Speedsters just causes problems. It's great having them all together (including Jay & Jessie) for the odd episode, but otherwise, it takes the focus off of Barry, and it's very much his story.

I don't think it's any worse really than Thawne's plan in s1.

Building up Barry to feed on his speedforce to go home isn't quite the same as DeVoe wanting to make everyone stupid. For what? So he can be the smartest man alive? Not have anyone to converse with?

There are a whole host of problems with Devoe's master plan. One is that he is already boatloads smarter than the rest of the world. Why dumb them down to vegetables? What is to be gained?

The flashback episode featuring younger Clifford and Marlize established that DeVoe had grown disillusioned with modern society. He believed that our advancing technology (and especially weapons of war) would lead to global destruction. (Not necessarily wrong. :csad:) Thus, dumbing everyone down to pre-technological levels would, according to DeVoe, be an act of benevolence and salvation.

Obviously, this is a highly dubious notion - especially for a guy called “The Thinker.” The "good old days" of the Middle Ages (for example) had all kinds of low-tech war and violence (not to mention famine and disease).

But that’s super-villains for you; always coming up with cockamamie schemes. :word:

Building up Barry to feed on his speedforce to go home isn't quite the same as DeVoe wanting to make everyone stupid. For what? So he can be the smartest man alive? Not have anyone to converse with?
It just wasn't interesting to me. At least I think that, for Devoe, it's some twisted humanitarian act. For Thawne, he wants to go home. I usually give it props for being original, but it doesn't hold much weight to me.

lol Iris publishing an article?! She still a reporter?

Apparently...the article which in turn, realistically as Barry pointed out, will create mass panic in the world and expose Star Labs in the most negative way. Not the brightest of ideas but this is tumblr level blogging we're dealing with here.

I just want this season to be done with, so I can just be done with it. Good god, this show fell apart.

I’ll always have S1.

We're almost there, just two weeks away. I'll cherish Season 1 forever.

I'm eagerly anticipating the payoff for this season. The writers have done a stellar job of making Devoe's increasing powers seem like too much for Flash to overcome, but employing unlikely allies and using the population of Central City was a fresh way to begin turning the tide.

I have two nitpicks this week. Grant Gustin isn't an unusual looking guy and his mask makes him look very different. I thought Amunet instantly identifying him based on their brief encounters was a stretch. Also, although I'm always happy to see the Council of Wells, this arc of Harry's diminished intelligence just isn't that attractive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"