The Flash The Flash season 4 episode 23 "We are the Flash" (Finale!)

And they only changed her name because they wanted something surprising.

The finale was good albeit a tad confusing going from inception to matrix revolution with multiple agent smiths/devoes then somehow ralph coming back unscathed taking back control of his body by running through a portal? I was going what is happening and not in a good way ethier. Season 5 has alot of cleanup work to do from this season and with the cliffhanger we got I have high hopes they can turn it around.

Not surprised by the lack lusterness of this episode, both season 2 and 3’s were very anticlimactic as well. Starting to think season 1 of this show was a fluke. Really hope they can turn it around next season, but I won’t hold my breath.

Won’t lie, I did get a little excited by the ending though. Time travel always interests me.

Last edited:
The only thing that interests me out of this finale was the mystery girl and return of Ralph.

I'm not surprised the mystery girl is the daughter of Barry and Iris, but they chose a different name for her to fit the show rather than adhering to the comics. I hope she is a member of the Legion of Superheroes.

Can't the show do without Harrison Wells regardless of whichever Earth he's from?

Looks like no one from the cast has left the Flash compared to both Arrow and Legends. Also have to see if anyone leaves Supergirl.

lol they find a way to make Cecile not useless. Still forced her to have powers just for this.

So what’s the deal then with Wells saying the same things Barry said when he was disoriented in the premiere?

So they copied the Matrix?

A bunch of Devoe like Smith inside a mind.

Baby looked super clean and I guess Snow cut the cord after the birth and did all that. haha

Can't the show do without Harrison Wells regardless of whichever Earth he's from?

Looks like no one from the cast has left the Flash compared to both Arrow and Legends. Also have to see if anyone leaves Supergirl.
I think the felling with Wells since season 2 was that a new one would be around each season. Seems like Tom and the staff like to have him different each season.

Is Ralph locked on to return next season? I don't remember Julian saying he was leaving for good at the end of that season. Though I didn't like that season much either so it was possible he left for good when Snow didn't commit to him. Hopefully Joe, Cecile, and the baby are limited and don't have a storyline. I don't like Wallace much but I wouldn't mind him joining the team again. I don't watch Legends so maybe he is better now.

I really enjoyed the finale. I literally stopped watching mid season but decided to come back for the final episode .

I'm relieved they didn't do pull another stupid finale stunt like trapping Barry in another time, speedforce , etc and they left more a Doc and Marty Back to the Future note.

I hope this means we get Bart Allen next season.

Barry and Iris's daughter is super cute.

I don't think he will be introduced yet. Maybe in 2 more seasons if they last that long. The daughter's personality feels impulse like to me so they may not even go that far.

I think Barry, the daughter, and Wallace is enough. Likely get appearances from Jessie and the Jay.

I was absolutely blown away by this episode. I knew that Ralph wasn't going to stay dead, and it was fitting to have the drama tied to Cecile's pregnancy.

Meh. I liked parts, but I thought it was kinda lackluster. I feel like some things should've had better payoff and I don't think the writers have a strong grasp on what the fans would latch onto in regards to mysteries and stuff. And the endgame of every season doesn't seem very big to me.

Damn. Well this season has been pretty below average for me. I hated Joe's girlfriend. I can't even remember her name! The one who's "I get to have superpowers too!" Wtf? Seriously.

Too many people know Barry Allen's identity. And do they have to make everyone have superpowers on this show? It's becoming annoying. I skipped the episode where Iris gets Barry's powers btw. Oh and Cecile...I'm disappointed I remembered her name...why did she need to have powers? It was absolutely meaningless.

I think Supergirl is worse though. I stopped watching in the middle of season 2 because it got way too silly, cheesy and cliche. Flash is starting to follow that trend, well, at least for a season long.

I enjoyed the Flashtime episode, or--I forget if that was what it was called--but where Jessie Quick and Jay Garrick returned and tried helping Barry to stop the bomb. The rest of this season's focus felt more about about Joe and Cecile's baby and...plenty of other stuff I've forgotten. I've lost interest. Maybe they should stop doing season-long arcs.

There were a few episodes I enjoyed, and I always liked the character, Elongated Man, and glad he returned this episode...but wait...does that mean the rest of the Metas survived? Or did they die?

I did like how the situation with The Thinker and his wife resolved with Marlize turning her back on her husband, but the way her arc concluded just wasn't realistic to me.

I think Marlizee should have felt shameful for the role she played with her husband. I thought she was rather quick to suddenly turn over a new leaf...and hug Iris...come on...and she just lost her husband, I would think she should have felt conflicted. Guilt. I think for someone like that, she should have answered for her crimes. She shouldn't have left that easily and be completely forgiven. Suddenly Team Flash forgave her? Yeah I don't think so. I don't buy that logic. But whatever.

But something has been wrong with this season, but I am not sure as I haven't completely been paying attention to every detail like I have with past seasons, but the one thing I think they did right was finally NOT using a SPEEDSTER as the main villain. Still, I think they could have used Mirror Master for that, but with the suit. Wasted opportunity there.

But with the past villains...

Using the character Zoom in season 2 seriously felt like the writers were just making it up as they went, with at the time he was referred to as Jay Garrick was revealed to be Hunter Zolomon all along, aside from that, it's just that the plot was so similar to season 1, and really degraded the character of Reverse-Flash...so much for being a threat to Flash in season 1...for making Zoom just a bit faster than Eobard Thawne.

Then season 3, yet another speedster, this time, a speed God, but at least it had an interesting twist. They really need to do something different next season. Avoid the soap opera drama, and use more Flash fighting...and this time...better villains. Almost all the villains this season have been silly and just completely forgettable.

This show should mature its tone too a little, I think. No more filler episodes. 2-3 at the very least.

I think what Arrow and Flash have suffered from is saving the best moments for the last...specifically, I mean the season finales.

Take Arrow season 4. They had to drag and drag every single time Green Arrow would come face to face with Damian Darhk, but couldn't beat him, otherwise, the arc would be over, but it was so meaningless, because then at the very end, Green Arrow could suddenly beat Darhk like it was nothing. At least the season 6 finale did something a little refreshing: Not killing the villain off.

And as for Flash season 4, the way Flash could suddenly take The Thinker down seemed too easy to me.

Well I don't know what else to say now.

The show has felt messy to me after Honey, I Shrunk Team Flash and mostly True Colors.

It's fair to criticize this pretty bad season. However, I think the finale was a pretty good comic story brought to life as was the Flashtime ep.

It's pretty stupid though that an evil plot that was 99.6% executed would have no effect on anyone because it didn't get to 100%. And that you can reverse said plot from 99.6 to zero with no effect on anyone.

Uhm, well, wow. That went exactly as I expected it to go - in that everything was practically predicted, and wrapped up all too conveniently. The defeat of DeVoe was done, via Ralph, through DeVoe's mind? For god sake! Speaking of Ralph too, does he now have all the powers of all the bus metas? If it was his body that absorbed them all, surely he shouldn't just have his one power now, but instead, all of them? This makes him practically as hard to defeat as DeVoe was, so Team Flash shouldn't have any trouble (with anyone) moving forwards. Just send Ralph out to play.

I don't like Wallace much but I wouldn't mind him joining the team again. I don't watch Legends so maybe he is better now.
I think his appearance was similar to Sara showing up on Arrow; a mere cameo. Wally will be back with the Legends when the shows roll out again.

I'm not expecting to see Bart anytime soon - I expect they'll hold out on him for a while.

Barry and Iris's daughter is super cute.
That she is.
jessica-parker-kennedy-2014-people-stylewatch-denim-party-in-los-angeles_3.jpg

That she is.
jessica-parker-kennedy-2014-people-stylewatch-denim-party-in-los-angeles_3.jpg

She looks appropriately youngish - though, apparently, she's older than Gustin and Patton. But with time-travel, I guess it doesn't matter. :word:

Even Barry's offspring messes up the timeline :cmad::cwink::funny:
Must run (is that pun?) in the family...

She looks appropriately youngish - though, apparently, she's older than Gustin and Patton. But with time-travel, I guess it doesn't matter. :word:
Jessica Parker Kennedy; she's 33, but could easily pass for someone in their early 20's. Super cute. I've seen her Black Sails and she always looked gorgeous in that too. Swear I've seen her in another show too, but I can't think what it was. Might have just been a one-off episode somewhere.

I actually liked the finale quite a bit. I like the energy Jessica Parker Kennedy brings to "Nora" Allen and we all knew it was coming but it's nice to have Ralph back. Hopefully he's back for season 5.

Kim Engelbrecht is stunning. I hope she at least has a few guest appearances in the future.

Davoe overall wasn't a terrible villain. If they didn't go with the whole switching bodies thing I think he could've been up there with Zoom for 2nd best. I still think he was better than Savitar.

Glad to see the season 5 villain isn't another speedster.

I was pretty meh about this episode. I actually thought the title of the episode would come more into play instead of just Barry saying it wasn’t him alone that defeated DeVoe.

After all that with Nora, I guess the name was supposed to be the surprise. Maybe they’ll reveal one of her names is Dawn. Sorta like what they did with Laurel on Arrow. Or maybe not. Maybe Don doesn’t even exist. I feel like they could’ve removed her from the whole season but this episode. Maybe also her last appearance with her saying the new baby’s due date.

Seems Barry didn’t warn her enough of not messing with the timeline. Were we supposed to take that as Barry wouldn’t have survived the impact? We still have that newspaper from Gideon so I always assumed it meant things at least worked out for him until around that date.

Was not surprised but disappointed they didn’t have Barry do the vibrating face trick when it mask was pretty much gone in front of all those people.

I laughed at them doing the whole “there’s still good in him” concept with DeVoe and doing things slightly different then the standard just talking the villain into doing something good. I will give them props for showing that there wasn’t any good in him.

Again, I had forgotten about Ralph but wasn’t surprised to see that he was somehow still kept alive.

I laughed at Barry’s face when he knew Iris got the reference to Harry and Cisco’s quote. We’re we supposed to take that as a real goodbye to the character of Harry?

Nice to see Wally. I wanted Cecile’s older daughter there too.

I still laugh at my negative reaction to that baby due to what I thought was Joe’s age.

It was also silly that as the satellite began to saturate the earth, suddenly Barry has the bright idea to get Kara, Oliver or Wally's help.

How about you have that notion BEFORE the satellites launch, mmmkay?

Uhm, well, wow. That went exactly as I expected it to go - in that everything was practically predicted, and wrapped up all too conveniently. The defeat of DeVoe was done, via Ralph, through DeVoe's mind? For god sake! Speaking of Ralph too, does he now have all the powers of all the bus metas? If it was his body that absorbed them all, surely he shouldn't just have his one power now, but instead, all of them? This makes him practically as hard to defeat as DeVoe was, so Team Flash shouldn't have any trouble (with anyone) moving forwards. Just send Ralph out to play.
I don't think he does but yeah he should.
Devoe used that tech guys powers before dying.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
monke77
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"