The Flash Season 4 Episode 3: "Luck Be a Lady"

Discussion in 'The Flash' started by Speed Force, Oct 17, 2017.

?

Rate the episode

1. 10

2. 9

3. 8

4. 7

5. 6

6. 5

7. 4

8. 3

9. 2

10. 1

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Venom'sDad Enter The Sym

Well, I got the impression also, the writers intentionally avoided Iris reminding Wally, that he has to come back for the wedding...instead, Iris simply asked him, "are you sure?" Before embracing him one final time. Imo...Joe's small moment with Wally was telling...Joe said, Wally has gone all these years without him in his(Joe) life...he didn't want to lose him again. I can't imagine the writers putting that in there, if Wally was going to be a permanent member of the show.

At best, he may make guess appearances; but, I stress again, I got the impression they were writing him off the show. Just judging by a few other tell-tale line, the cast body language, and the actor himself did not seem pleased & distant in the 3rd season 1st three episodes....kinda remind me of the actress who played Vivian on the "Fresh Prince." Hey...just how I saw it. We will find out for sure at some point.

2. j-beda Registered

Doesn't Joe understand that when you have sexual intercouse with somone of the opposite sex, without using some sort of birth control, then pregnancy is not out of the question?

If he wasn't open to the possiblity of fathering a child, then he really should have been more proactive in preventing one.

Yeah, suprise pregnancies makes for a shocking scene and an interesting plot twist, but it requires both people to be either irresponsible or at least one of them to be misleading the other. Life changing events of this nature should not be occuring by happenstance, and presenting it in this way undermines the realism of the characters.

3. igoogol Registered

Given the writers' M.O., I wouldn't be surprised if this is a set up for Cecile losing the baby and in the next ep Iris announces she's pregnant. Or this will be flash version of baby Sara changing to John Jr. Also, pretty sure this is the cause of the tension between Cecile and Iris. Do not want any of this.

4. batdude Registered

I don't think it is that bad. They might have written Wally out so they could afford Elongated Man and the crossover. Will Smith and the first Aunt Vivian hated each other.

5. Venom'sDad Enter The Sym

Yeah...I know they didn't get along to well...but, I'm only comparing when she(Vivian) was being written out, the last few episodes, she was distant, in the background, like Lonsdale is now. Barely noticeable....that all I'm saying.

Anyway, here's a few articles suspecting the same thing...however, things will reveal itself in time.

https://cartermatt.com/271822/flash-season-4-keiynan-lonsdale-leaving-wally-west/

https://www.geek.com/television/a-s...-little-wally-west-now-has-even-less-1720691/

6. signalman Registered

Cool hearing Frank Sinatra once again singing one of his favorite songs "Luck Be A Lady"
    From GUYS & DOLLS.

In the comics Hazard is the Granddaughter of the JSA Villain, The Gambler.
    Created by Roy Thomas.

I though Hazard was handle well except the actress has an annoying voice.

#81 signalman, Oct 28, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2017
  7. IronManOfSteel Registered

Really liked this episode but I'm sad to see Wally go. Iris was likeable for once and Harry was awesome.

8. Verick808 Registered

Finally had time to watch this episode last night. It was a great episode. I wouldn't want every episode to be like this but it was definitely fun. I don't mind Wally leaving too much. It must be hard writing antagonists that can take on two speedsters when even one should be too much. Iris was probably the mkost likable she has ever been. Especially after the last two episodes.

9. Babillygunn New Age Outlaw

Anti else think it's a little harsh that hazard was put in Iron Heights? Like someone else pointed out, she was barely a villain.

10. metaphysician Not a Side-Kick

If she were just unknowingly surrounded by a bad luck field, sure. She wasn't. She knew that she was causing others to have bad luck, and not only did she not care, she thought it was good to teach them what she felt like. She even actively threatened that bad things would happen to others if people got in her way.

She might have had an affable, kind of air head personality, but that didn't mean she wasn't *also* quite evil.

11. Avenging Angel We have unfinished business.

I don't consider her a villain really. She didn't even try to purposely inflict pain on anyone.

12. Babillygunn New Age Outlaw

I just think Barry and co. have always been way too cavalier about putting people in prison. Beit Iron Heights or their own unsanctioned pipeline prison.

13. metaphysician Not a Side-Kick

Again, she outright and onscreen threatened that terrible things would happen to everyone around her if anyone tried to stop her from enjoying her luck. How much more "purposefully inflict pain" can you get?

14. Avenging Angel We have unfinished business.

I think she may have warned that it was a side effect. But yeah she was still aware of it. Cruel but not a villain.

15. Primal Slayer Let the Siren scream

When are we going to get Crisis of Infinite Harrys.

16. NotNickFury Registered

Wrong episode- my bad.

17. Morg Super Moderator

You watching the new one? We got it

18. metaphysician Not a Side-Kick

Again, how exactly was she not a villain? She knew her powers were causing harm, and was not only indifferent to this harm, but actively approving of it, and actively using it as a threat to others. She wanted what she wanted, and didn't care what happened to others. If there's another definition of "villain", I've not heard it.

19. TheRedWraith Registered

She also used her powers to rob several banks, a crime punishable by imprisonment.

20. Avenging Angel We have unfinished business.

Isn't that petty though? Something Snart would do.

21. metaphysician Not a Side-Kick

Doesn't make you not-a-villain.

22. Avenging Angel We have unfinished business.

Well I think killing someone crosses the line. I think she was a petty criminal but not a villain really.