The Flash The Flash Season 5: episode 12 - Memorabilia

I think that the writers should have followed the Agents of Shield model in organizing this season by dividing it into three distinct storylines or "pods". The Cicada arc should not have lasted for longer than the first nine or ten episodes of the season. After that, they should have wrapped up Cicada's story and moved on to a second major storyline with a different threat, such as the Rogues or Cobalt Blue. After maybe seven episodes, they could wrap up that story and devote the remainder of the season to the big storyline involving Reverse-Flash and the mystery behind Barry's disappearance in 2024. This would have kept things more interesting and would have allowed for more varied storytelling and a more brisk pace.

I think that would be too much like Thrawn. He started being jealous and trying to emulate Barry too.
Fair point. I'm just brainstorming a way to bring Godspeed into the fold with what we've got.

Though, if they have reached the bottom of the Rogues Barrel, then they could actually think up some new villains. They could even go the alien route as a season arc rather than a crossover event. We know aliens are rare on E1, but they have been used before. Or use the Crisis Event to do a reboot.
I'd rather the aliens stay on E38, at least until/if there's some big earth-merging event per Crisis. Crisis though is the opportune moment to soft reboot the Arrowverse, have only certain characters (Barry and Kara at least) remember the old timeline, but a new one is the only way to (re)introduce bad guys on a larger and more dominating style, whilst at the same time, allowing them to get the rogues right and potentially bring aliens into the mix.

I think that the writers should have followed the Agents of Shield model in organizing this season by dividing it into three distinct storylines or "pods". The Cicada arc should not have lasted for longer than the first nine or ten episodes of the season. After that, they should have wrapped up Cicada's story and moved on to a second major storyline with a different threat, such as the Rogues or Cobalt Blue. After maybe seven episodes, they could wrap up that story and devote the remainder of the season to the big storyline involving Reverse-Flash and the mystery behind Barry's disappearance in 2024. This would have kept things more interesting and would have allowed for more varied storytelling and a more brisk pace.
Considering Barry can time travel, I have often wondered why he hasn't jumped ahead to 2024 in an attempt to see what's going on, and/or attempting to change his own future. Time Wraiths and the Speedforce be damned; they're only a concern when it's a convenient writer block.

What if they prevent this Cicada from accomplishing his killing spree, but after changing the timeline it defaults to the person who would normally become Cicada? So we get a different character with different motivations?

That was only the AoS Season 4 model. They didn't really follow that in Season 5 as much.

Heh, valid, except we know that (because of timeline shenanigans) Cicada will be defeated, and history (as far as the future goes) will be changed, obviously leaving it open for a tougher villain to come about.

Honestly, I'd like if the next villain was Godspeed, specifically the young speedster that Jay Garrick was said to be training up. I'm sure some competent writer (they'd have to find one somewhere) could write a script that had Godspeed become jealous of E1's Barry Allen and start to taunt and cause trouble for him. He doesn't have to be evil as such, more jealous? Bad guys don't always have to be bad; just look at Deathstroke, Black Siren or Heatwave.

I have a feeling that whoever records history for the Flash museum is just overly dramatic all the time and hype everything up.

For Cicada, they probably say "This was Flash's worst and toughest villain of all time."

Then when you come to Zoom, it probably says "This was Flash's worst and toughest villain of all time too."

And also when you get to Reverse Flash it also says "And this was definitely Flash's worst and toughest villain of all time."

And when it gets to Savitar, it says "Now how could you forget Savitar? This was no doubt Flash's worst and toughest villain of all time."

Then there's Devoe. It says "And let's not forget Devoe. This was Flash's worst and toughest villain of all time."

So it's probably all meaningless. And it will probably say the same thing about next season's villain as well. :o

Hah, that would be tragic @Dark Raven , however it would, oddly, make sense. Nora has arrived in the past at a time when Cicada is the antagonist, so it stands to reason that (through her own research) she'd consider Cicada the biggest threat her Dad has dealt with - although he's the only one (that she's aware of) that was never defeated.

What if they prevent this Cicada from accomplishing his killing spree, but after changing the timeline it defaults to the person who would normally become Cicada? So we get a different character with different motivations?

That's possible, but I kind of doubt it. By the time we get to the end of the Cicada story, I think that both the writers and the audience will have had quite enough of Cicada and will be ready to move on. I don't think anyone will be interested in seeing any more of Cicada, or any more versions of him.

That was only the AoS Season 4 model. They didn't really follow that in Season 5 as much.

True, the Season 5 storylines weren't quite as distinct as the three main arcs from Season 4, but Season 5 still did roughly three main stories during the course of the season. The first part of the season was about fighting the Kree in the future; the middle portion was about the agents returning to present-day Earth and fighting General Hale and her daughter Ruby; and the final portion focused on the alien invasion, and on Glenn Talbot becoming Graviton. Not as neatly organized as Season 4, but still similar.

I have a feeling that whoever records history for the Flash museum is just overly dramatic all the time and hype everything up. ... So it's probably all meaningless. And it will probably say the same thing about next season's villain as well. :o

Hahaha, good one! I can totally see that. They will probably say next season's villain was the toughest one because.....it's that villain's turn to be the toughest one. :o

I haven't enjoyed a single episode since the break wow. This whole Cicada thing is so damn boring and drawn out to the point of incompetence. They really should've ended this storyline at the midseason finale.

Heck you can do that and still do this "Grace grows up to be future Cicada". I mean that's where they're taking this whole cure thing, if it'll be ethical to give it to a young girl who is in a coma/if it's okay to give it to someone who hasn't done anything yet.

When I heard Singh him say "Cicada killed more people than Zoom even more than the Red Death"

Can you imagine just how metal this scene brought to life would be

Also I thought it was quite funny that Nora said Iris is changing the future already as the paper jumped from 2021 to 2019 and I sort of laughed to myself and went "Nope that's changed because 2019 will be Arrow's last season lol"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"