The Flash The Flash Season 5 episode 14: Cause and XS

"Hey guys, watch out for his dagger. He through it just before you got here!"

Things not said by Iris West Allen that could have been very helpful...

I am really sick of Cicada. Can’t wait for this whole cure thing to not work either.

Cicada will end up not actually being a meta
Wouldn’t be surprised.

I actually really like the concept of the episode. Honestly surprised this is the first time they’re trying their hand at it.

It is going pretty good. Though, I'm trying not to chuckle while Nora is running. That's original Batman series level of funny.

It is going pretty good. Though, I'm trying not to chuckle while Nora is running. That's original Batman series level of funny.
I'm just wondering when she puts the lipstick on..

Why aren't they setting a trap for Cicada, since Nora knows exactly where he is going to be and exactly at what time?

Okay, that was pretty awesome.

That was a good one. I always like it when Nora is on. Though, I think after a dozen times it would have been time to get some help into the mix, but better late then never.

Also good having Cisco as more than scenery. I think we will be really missing him when he goes.

I quite enjoyed tonight’s episode, definitley the best episode since the break. Really liked Barry giving Nora almost the same exact talk he got from Jay. Don’t know why he seems to be skirting around telling Nora about saving his mom, I feel like that would be a really important story to hammer the lesson in about the consequences of time traveling. Or even telling her about Thawne’s changes to the timeline. But they’re probably sitting on that for later this season.

Cicada is still tiresome and boring as all hell. Anyone could’ve been in his place this episode.

Just think, a little extra push from Nora and he would have been in free-fall without his dagger. Oops...

Also good having Cisco as more than scenery. I think we will be really missing him when he goes.
I know I've been missing him as it is already. I was really happy to see him being the one to give Nora to weekly pep talk. I wasn't expecting that and was heart warming.

Tragic that Nora's Groundhog Day series of events wasn't as zany as it was for Zari on Legends.

I didn't see that, but seeing all the members of Team Flash being killed one after another probably took the fun out of it for her.

Definitely better than last week's.

Nora is going through the same things Barry did for the last four seasons, but on a larger scale.

I wonder if there will be a future crossover where XS Nora will meet the future version of Team Arrow, William, Connor Hawke, and Mia Smoak.

An entertaining episode to say the least, though you'd have thought, with all that happened, there'd have been a plan in place to actually capture and detain him, but I guess they can't wrap up this threat too quickly.

I did notice that Thawne specifically mentioned Cicadas dagger in this episode too. Hadn't noticed him say that before, and I can't help wondering whether Thawne has plans of his own for that dagger. He's a desperate man on (I assume) death row. He's obviously going to screw over both Nora and Barry, but I'm unsure how. It's not as if he can use the dagger, cause it'll dampen his abilities if he tried.
Just think, a little extra push from Nora and he would have been in free-fall without his dagger. Oops...
Except that he has the odd ability to fly, and I don't believe he needs his dagger to do that?

Fairly lame. Once I saw that it was a "time loop" episode, I just fast forwarded through until they were done with all that. Also, yet another excuse for Barry to have most of the week off from the show.

Cicada is super lame. Why can he fly? What's with his super batarang dagger? Dumb, dumb, dumb.

They need to stop pausing this storyline with foolishness and end it.

Why was Team Flash perfectly ok with Nora messing with the timeline 52 times, but Barry did it once, and everybody hated him for half a season?

Why was Team Flash perfectly ok with Nora messing with the timeline 52 times, but Barry did it once, and everybody hated him for half a season?
When Barry manipulates the timeline, BIG changes happen. Nora only changed an hour, or if you wish to argue it, 53 hours. :p

It was ok but annoying all at the same time. 52 changes to history that they get away with? Everyone dies but doesn't? Death is a joke in the Arrowverse where everyone but a few are allowed to die multiple times and come back.

I didn't understand why only 1 person saw Cicada throw the dagger and warn Nora. Everyone else was just silent. And they had Cicada at their feet but just stand there waiting for him to regain strength to scowl and fly off. It's happened 52 to many times this season.

I didn't understand why only 1 person saw Cicada throw the dagger and warn Nora. Everyone else was just silent. And they had Cicada at their feet but just stand there waiting for him to regain strength to scowl and fly off. It's happened 52 to many times this season.
The writers haven't yet got around to informing Caitlin/Killer Frost that she's capable of taking him out all by herself.

As per @shabadoo25 , I do wonder why he can fly though. It's awfully convenient that they haven't addressed this.

I'm not even sure this season can redeem itself. Cicada is the most boring villain I've ever seen. Hes literally just an average guy that takes away your powers so all you need to do is 1v1 him in a fist fight? WHY IS THAT SO HARD. I laugh when cicada talks because it's so cheesy. Lets wrap this season up already and get on with the next

They keep forgetting that speedsters have super speed. Can literally move so fast you can not react fast enough to counter their move.

Though I did like the episode, I have to wonder why Nora never used that advantage to either get people out of the way - considering that everything stands still for a speedster - or just move the villain into the path of his own weapon? Like they finally did at the end here.

And how come they're not trying to find a way to destroy the damn dagger itself? It is the cause for his powers. Get rid of it, and he's got nothing but a croaky voice!

The writers haven't yet got around to informing Caitlin/Killer Frost that she's capable of taking him out all by herself.

As per @shabadoo25 , I do wonder why he can fly though. It's awfully convenient that they haven't addressed this.
Because......this show is called The Flash? What's the point of naming it that and not have the Flash defeat the main villain. I didn't sign up for the Killer Frost, the vibe, the Elongated Man, the XS, or Team Flash show. I signed up for The Flash. This needs to be about Barry again. Its time to let the other metas go. Get a new formula

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"