The Flash The Flash Season 5: Episode 16 "Failure is an Orphan"

Web-Head

Oh boy yeah
Reaction score
Hopefully this really is the end of Cicada and then focus on the whole Nora/Reverse Flash thing on the back end of the season

Looks good, if Cicada is finally done with. Time to move on from him getting away so easily.

They really should do something with this "heroes being celebrities" in Central City.

I missed the talks between Barry and Joe

I cant take Cicida seriously with him keeping up this voice and zero personality.

They had to keep the Cicada plot going to freshen things up.

It was so predictable that Barry would reveal his face to Cicada. Typical CW Barry.

Please God. Can we wrap this season up already. :rolleyes:

Laughed at Orlin's growling again.

Turns out Grace is... Alicia Baker

Also, cool shoutout to Anthor and Kamandi

Last edited:
So grace somehow found a way to travel through time?

This just doesnt make sense.

If the cure didnt work, Cicada would keep killing and it wouldnt make sense for Grace to also team up with him.

If the cure did work on Cicada, then it would make sense that Grace would follow in his foot steps. BUT if it did work, they were immediately going to also give her the cure, thus negating her coming back in time to foil Flash's plans

Killing the doctor thats been helping grace and cicada doesnt make sense. This is what Cicada wanted was to be cured so why would Grace go through all of this trouble for? I'm honestly just done with this season. It's been so boring and I'm getting tired of Cicada talking like hes constipated

Waiting for Wells to call out Nora already or figure her out

So grace somehow found a way to travel through time?
I'll speculate that Grace's mind powers are getting stronger. It used to be that she could only influence her uncle through their dark matter connection, but now she can project a strong, grown-up avatar of herself to continue her crusade of revenge against metas.

The idea of a grown up Grace vs Nora is a bit silly. Like, that's one of the only reasons they did it

Laughed at Orlin's growling again.

Turns out Grace is... Alicia Baker

Also, cool shoutout to Anthor and Kamandi

What an obscure reference. Sarah Carter is known for other things than that one off appearance in Smallville.

She was a regular in the series "Shark" alongside Danielle Panabaker. I guess this reunion was to be expected after last week's King Shark episode.

. It's been so boring and I'm getting tired of Cicada talking like hes constipated

Waiting for Wells to call out Nora already or figure her out

Cicada is constipated while Barry and Nora have the runs. :o

What an obscure reference. Sarah Carter is known for other things than that one off appearance in Smallville.

She was a regular in the series "Shark" alongside Danielle Panabaker. I guess this reunion was to be expected after last week's King Shark episode.
Smallville, Final Destination 2, and Dead or Alive is all I know for sure I’ve seen Sarah Carter in.

Also, Smallville was brought up in the thread for this past week’s Supergirl episode. So, the show was easily on my mind. Hahaha

So grace somehow found a way to travel through time? This just doesnt make sense.
Since when has this show made sense? :p

I figure one of three things here;
  • She's a projection, as indicated by @Gaultheria
  • She somehow hitched a ride from the future with Nora. Was there ever a cure in the future?
  • She was assisted by someone else with the ability to travel time, in particular, Godspeed (because he's the next Speedster rumoured to show up).

I cant take Cicida seriously with him keeping up this voice and zero personality.

I wish Cicada could meet Batman's Bale and Amell's Arrow. They could have a voice off.

Only interesting part of this episode was Thawne's line "From Anthro, the first boy to Kamandi, the last boy".

AnthroKamandi.jpg

I liked it. There was the usual 'of course!' moment but otherwise it was entertaining.

I don't get why Cicada would agree to loose his powers though. Otherwise he's not strong enough to take out the other metas, but Flash-logic at work... And yes, Barry would remove his hood, as that was a given. But, didn't they make the new hood so they could do a reveal in 'one-take..?' They cut the shot again just before he took it off. Seems like a waste of the old hood.

Best part though was finally getting a Cicada who actually has the power to beat back Team Flash without needing plot armor!! Woo-hoo!! Been needing her all season long!

As to how she is there, I would actually prefer a force-projection, just showing how strong that little girl is. But her getting there by either another speeder or Wells or some other, I'm just happy to have a good Cicada now.
:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"