The Flea Market/Garage Sale/Car Boot Pick Up Thread!

kal-el1990

Civilian
Reaction score
Hi All!

I went to a huge car boot sale the other day in search of some cool stuff (never know what you'll find!) And came back with these!

Hot Wheels 1:18 Scale 1966 Batmobile for ....... £22 MINT in box. The car actually has never been taken out of the box. After a quick eBay look I saw they were worth over £50 so £22 was a steal!

photo17022013113510am.jpg

And i saw this which I got for £9. This thing is huge! Such a clear print and looks awesome on my wall.

edit_preview.php

So I thought I'd start a place for anyone to post some awesome purchases they have made at Car Boots, Garage Sales, Flea Markets etc!

I use to visit these all the time. First back in the late 80's early 90s it was all about baseball cards. Then in the late 90s early 2000s it was about finding Simpson items and some classic toys from my childhood.

It's been awhile since I went, but I need to go some this summer. I've really slowed down on what I collect and display but still would be fun. If anything I could go for some classic flea market greasy food. Some fresh made BBQ Pork Skins, or a hand dipped corn dog.

Great finds. I'm trying to think back to some of my favorite finds. Probably three Home Simpson World of Springfield figured. Dude only wanted $2 each for them.

I always enjoy the fact that while shopping at a Flea Market, I happened upon a decent copy of The Bachman books, 4 novellas by Stephen King for 50 cents. The reason it's exciting is it includes Rage, a book King had taken out of print in 97 after the Heath High School shooting. Not to mention that while the Bachman Books collection isn't entirely rare, the collection was mostly a European release, so it was nice to get it, and Rage is a decent read.

I always enjoy the fact that while shopping at a Flea Market, I happened upon a decent copy of The Bachman books, 4 novellas by Stephen King for 50 cents. The reason it's exciting is it includes Rage, a book King had taken out of print in 97 after the Heath High School shooting. Not to mention that while the Bachman Books collection isn't entirely rare, the collection was mostly a European release, so it was nice to get it, and Rage is a decent read.

I got the same book a few years back at a library sale for a dollar. I love the Long Walk and The Running Man. It's a softcover but still in excellent condition.

I got the same book a few years back at a library sale for a dollar. I love the Long Walk and The Running Man. It's a softcover but still in excellent condition.
The ne with the red/orange color and has a skull at the end of a long road? Same softcover I got. Great book, and glad to have it in my collection.

i haven't been to one in a long time but i have picked up hundreds of comics at flea markets

Sounds good guys! I'm going again tomorrow morning to hunt for some more comic related stuff so I'll check in again tomorrow!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"