The Foreign Film Thread.

It's up next in my Netflix Queue.

And, yeah, Un Prophete is #^%& amazing.

Speaking of amazing, hoping to catch the complete Metropolis at the Film Forum in New York on Friday.

It's up next in my Netflix Queue.

And, yeah, Un Prophete is #^%& amazing.

Speaking of amazing, hoping to catch the complete Metropolis at the Film Forum in New York on Friday.
:up:

It seems as if Kurosawa's samurai classic, Seven Samurai is finally coming to high definition Blu-ray through the Criterion Collection.

It seems as if Kurosawa's samurai classic, Seven Samurai is finally coming to high definition Blu-ray through the Criterion Collection.

I have money saved up for the Blu-Ray version of Fritz Lang's M., which will hopefully look great. I rented Wings of Desire, another Criterion release, a few days ago, and it looked incredible.

Yeah, Criterion is known for their high end transfers. These classics are in good hands with them

I don't know if it's considered an Italian or American movie but I really like Antonioni's The Passenger with Nicholson.

I haven't seen Wong Kar-wai 's Chungking Express or Fallen Angels but both look very interesting and we recently released on blu , anyone seen either of them .

00000331.jpg

I haven't seen Wong Kar-wai 's Chungking Express or Fallen Angels but both look very interesting and we recently released on blu , anyone seen either of them .

00000331.jpg

chungking_express_02.bmp

No love for 8 1/2 in this thread? Shame.

Big Fellini fan here. Right up until (and including of course) 8 1/2.
My favorites are the "early ones", especially La Strada, Il Bidone and I Vitelloni.

The 8 1/2 love is instantly implied in any foreign film thread

Chungking Express is absolutely one of my favorite movies ever. So beautifully shot by Christopher Doyle, especially the lighting since he only used available lighting. The acting is great, especially from Faye Wong. If you don't fall in love with her in this movie, you have no heart. It's a great love story with fantastic characters, definitely check it out.

Chungking Express is absolutely one of my favorite movies ever. So beautifully shot by Christopher Doyle, especially the lighting since he only used available lighting. The acting is great, especially from Faye Wong. If you don't fall in love with her in this movie, you have no heart. It's a great love story with fantastic characters, definitely check it out.
I have to check this out as well.

Haven't seen Fallen Angels, but Chungking Express is wonderful, though not as much as the great 2046.

00000331.jpg

chungking_express_02.bmp

I really love the Orphanage from Guillermo Del Torro...

Haven't seen Fallen Angels, but Chungking Express is wonderful, though not as much as the great 2046.

2046 is very good but it doesn't compare to In The Mood For Love. That's a perfect movie and I don't care if anyone says otherwise.:yay:

Wong Kar Wai needs more love in this thread. Easily one of greatest filmmakers ever.

I know I'm going against the grain, but, much as I love In The Mood For Love, I much prefer the sequel.

Has Im Sang-soo's The Housemaid remake got a US release date yet?

Italian and American Cinema shared a thing in the 70's: A Golden Age.

_ I highly recommend "Bread and Chocolate" and "Profumo Di Donna" (The original, much superior "Scent Of A Woman") to any cinephiles out there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"