The Foreign Film Thread.

Finally saw The Girl with a Dragon Tatoo and I liked it. Also I think that Craig is a good casting idea for Blomkvist in Fincher's remake.

Have any of you seen Mesrine Killer Instinct and Public Enemy #1 yet? Simply put, amazing pair of French films! Vincent Cassel is so awesome.

Have any of you seen Mesrine Killer Instinct and Public Enemy #1 yet? Simply put, amazing pair of French films! Vincent Cassel is so awesome.

My brother's got them on blu-ray I still need to watch them.

Great films and great actor:up:. Looking forward to seeing him in Aronovski's The Black Swan.

Finally saw IP Man 2. If you're a martial arts fan in any form, see it now. Donnie Yen continues to be my favorite martial artist in movies.

If you haven't seen it I recommend Zebraman it's pretty cool.

Finally saw IP Man 2. If you're a martial arts fan in any form, see it now. Donnie Yen continues to be my favorite martial artist in movies.

It hasn't been released in the US yet :( We'll probably have to wait until next Spring or Summer for a Blu-Ray / DVD release.

It hasn't been released in the US yet :( We'll probably have to wait until next Spring or Summer for a Blu-Ray / DVD release.

I had to download it to see it. Definitely a first day buy for me when it's released.

I bought The Spirit of the Beehive to help me out on a paper I'm doing on Pan's Labyrinth and The Devil's Backbone but I haven't had the opportunity to sit down and watch it. I also bought Le Samourai. Looking forward to seeing that one.

I had to download it to see it. Definitely a first day buy for me when it's released.

Did you know they're releasing a part 3? It mentions "The Legend is Born" Are they referring to Bruce Lee?

I bought The Spirit of the Beehive to help me out on a paper I'm doing on Pan's Labyrinth and The Devil's Backbone but I haven't had the opportunity to sit down and watch it. I also bought Le Samourai. Looking forward to seeing that one.

I loved the Devil's Backbone but I haven't heard of Spirit of Beehive or Le Samourai. Have you seen Chronos?

I loved the Devil's Backbone but I haven't heard of Spirit of Beehive or Le Samourai. Have you seen Chronos?

The Spirit of The Beehive is about a little girl during the Spanish Civil War who sees the Karloff Frankenstein movie. It sounded interesting, and the trailer sold me.

I've not yet seen Chronos. I'm anxiously awaiting the Criterion Collection DVD coming out in December though.

Did you know they're releasing a part 3? It mentions "The Legend is Born" Are they referring to Bruce Lee?

I would think so. There's a cool little thing at the end of two but I won't say what.

Just watched Hour of the Wolf the other night and was wondering what everyone thought of that film.

I have never seen it but I usually like early Bergman's films. Do you recommend it?

I have never seen it but I usually like early Bergman's films. Do you recommend it?

Yes.

I liked it a lot and the ending is a trip. I want to see more films from Bergman after having watched this.

Yes.

I liked it a lot and the ending is a trip. I want to see more films from Bergman after having watched this.
Thanks:up:. It sounds cool, I'll check it out. I recommend The Virgin Spring if you haven't seen it.

Hour of the Wolf is fantastic. :up:

Check out The Seventh Seal, Persona, Wild Strawberries, The Magician, and Through a Glass Darkly.

I really liked the first 3 you mentioned and I haven't seen the last two, so I will check them out as well. Thanks.

Thanks:up:. It sounds cool, I'll check it out. I recommend The Virgin Spring if you haven't seen it.

I've seen The Virgin Spring and liked it a lot. Sure as bad place was a lot better than the remakes Last House on the Left.

Hour of the Wolf is fantastic. :up:

Check out The Seventh Seal, Persona, Wild Strawberries, The Magician, and Through a Glass Darkly.

I have The Seventh Seal on my instant Netflix cue, just waiting for my woman to be in the mood to watch it. I'm almost thinking about watching it without her and just watching it a second time when she's ready.

I watched Breathless last night, that was a highly enjoyable film. Godard is another director that I want to see more of his work in the near future.

I've seen The Virgin Spring and liked it a lot. Sure as bad place was a lot better than the remakes Last House on the Left.

I have The Seventh Seal on my instant Netflix cue, just waiting for my woman to be in the mood to watch it. I'm almost thinking about watching it without her and just watching it a second time when she's ready.

I watched Breathless last night, that was a highly enjoyable film. Godard is another director that I want to see more of his work in the near future.
I liked Breathless, Contempt and Pierrot Le Fou (also with Jean Paul Belmondo), but the rest of Godard's filmo is a bit of an acquired taste, to say the least.
I prefer and recommend the films of Bertrand Blier, if you can get your hands on them: "Get Out Your Handkerchiefs" (Oscar for Best Foreign Film), "Going Places" (pretty graphic, but also funny and provocative), "Menage", "Buffet Froid" etc... All of them with a young Gerard Depardieu. Depardieu was to Blier, kinda like what De Niro was to Scorcese or Mastroianni to Fellini.

Also if you are in the mood for more French Cinema, you can't go wrong with the films of Henri-Georges Clouzot: "Diabolique", "The Wages Of Fear" etc...
(All the posters on the walls of the cinema in Inglourious Basterds are from Clouzot's movies.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"