Sequels The Future of the X-Men franchise.

When Bryan Singer was still set to direct, he intended the Dark Phoenix storyline as the sole focus of the film. He also intended to feature the villain Emma Frost/White Queen as a major character, with the role intended for Sigourney Weaver. With Singer's departure, the character of Emma Frost was dropped, and the Dark Phoenix story was relegated to a subplot in favor of the "cure" storyline. He also planned on introducing long time fan favorite Gambit into the film, to serve as both the new recruit as well as a romantic rival of Iceman's for Rogue's affection. For the part, Singer had planned on casting Channing Tatum. However, once he left, the script was changed, and Gambit was reduced to a minor cameo, then ultimately dropped from the script.
besides the tatum for gambit, this x-3 script sounds good. wished they would have used this (why did singer leave in the first place anyway?) whats done is done. just sucks that they couldnt make 3 better.

besides the tatum for gambit, this x-3 script sounds good. wished they would have used this (why did singer leave in the first place anyway?) whats done is done. just sucks that they couldnt make 3 better.

That was the worst possible use for Gambit imaginable. It sums up everything that has gone wrong with the comic version.

I still think that X3 should be just a dream and then they do it properly in X4! LOL

In my opinion, it would have been interesting.... I know Tatum isn't the perfect choice, but I think would have been a nice addition to the cast, fresh blood to the movies, would have been nice to see him interacting with Halle, Hugh and Anna, and Shawn too, hehe.

im just saying M DAY then due to it apocalyps rises that get rid of all the people we dont like bringing fresh meat to the screen and all that good stuff

All the people that are dead, should definitley stay dead. Bring out total new characters for X4

No, there are other options. I'm writing an X4 in which there is no need for that stuff listed above. A more subtle approach can work, and still have key characters and key action, rather than shoving in stuff just because it's in the comics.

The reception of the X-movies proves that realism-based sci-fi drama works best for across-the-board satisfaction (Exhibit 1: X2...and also Batman Begins) and that throwing in comicbook stuff for the sake of it only enrages the fanboys at the end of the day even if they were the ones screaming for all the comicbook stuff in the first place (Exhibit 2: X3). I'd like to see something between X2 and X3 in style - drama and mood and character; but with energy, kick-ash action and a wow factor.

Fans, mainstream viewers and critics seemed happier with the toned-down Jean and Storm we saw in X1 and X2 than they were with the Phoenix and Storm in X3. I get the feeling that most of the people on these boards now, many of whom regularly whine about X3, did NOT want Angel, Beast, Juggernaut, Callisto, Arclight, Multiple Man, the Danger Room, Kitty, or any of the cameo roles (Leech, Psylocke, etc). They do not want any new characters, they wanted the existing ones developed from X2. And now all they want is Cyclops to come back, sometimes for Jean to come back, as though it's some bizarre soap opera. Obviously all that is not necessarily logical or balanced!

Clearly, X4 can continue the story (as I'm doing in my version) and it needs to bring in some new characters and not bring back everyone who was cured or killed. It doesn't mean we can't have Bishop or Cable or Apocalypse at some point, but not exactly as seen in the comicbooks. The important thing is a good movie that is respectful of the source material even where it makes changes to the stories.

i've been thinking about this lately, and while i've for a long while been largely against an x-men 4 and beyond, i am beginning to think that it could possibly work.

i don't know what gambit's role in "wolverine" is going to be - bad place, until 10 minutes ago, i didn't know gambit was in the movie. but if it's done right, it could help out gambit's roles in future films.

the way i would like to see a future x-men film go is something like this:

continuing from the final scene after the credits in x-men 3, moira mctaggert contacts the x-men, informing them of her discovery. at the same time, with charles xavier gone, the school is struggling. one emma frost comes wanting to help out the school financially, with financial backing from what is later revealed to be the hellfire club.

the x-men go to muir island to investigate moira's recent announcement. it comes out that in the psychic duel with phoenix, xavier's defeat sent his mind to the astral plane, and because of the dead mind of xavier's new body, he was not able to take hold in the new body. forge, who is at the muir island facility, has created a device that will allow the x-men to go to the astral plane to free xavier and bring him back. while there, they also discover cyclops, who was also sent to the astral plane by phoenix when he was destroyed mentally by her.

back in reality, the hellfire club is pushing trask to unleash his sentinel project. when trask is finally able to get the approval he needs, the hellfire club sent sentinels to muir island to attack the facility. the purpose is to trap the x-men on the astral plane. they offered financial backing to xavier's school because they wanted to take it over, in a way to take the x-men out of commission and help their own bid for political and financial power.

this can lead into an x-men 5 which includes a sentinel project on genosha and is powered by slave labor from captured mutants (just like the episode from the animated series called "slave island").

wolverine and storm would be there, because they are main characters in the x-men movies and you don't tamper with the core characters.

the series would also see a return of xavier and cyclops in somewhat tangible ways.

new characters would include (but not be limited to) gambit, bishop, emma frost, forge, and the hellfire club.

the main x-men would be wolverine, storm, iceman, colossus, and kitty pryde. by x-men 5, and following the return of cyclops and xavier, i'd like to see xavier call out like he does in the comics to some of the mutants he has encountered over the years, and summon the aid of characters like nightcrawler, beast, and angel, who all have gone their separate ways from the x-men.

given magneto's final scene in "the last stand", i'd also have a build up to magneto getting his powers back, with the explanation being that leech was not a powerful enough mutant for a cure made of his dna to permantly impact a mutant of magneto's power.

the cure itself would be permanent, so mystique, rogue, and other cured mutants aren't returning. rogue could return in a small role on the side perhaps, but she's not getting her powers back via cure being temporary.

jean would also not be coming back, as she was physically killed. this isn't the phoenix of the comics that is a cosmic entity. it is not jean's powers to return from the dead. she never died the first time. this time she did.

i'd like to see something like that for an x-men 4 and 5.

Dead Characters should stay dead I agree... If they did use Apocalypse I would use the 3 major depowered mutants as 3 of his horsemen...Magneto, Mystique, and Rogue...and then add Angel so we can get Archangel...

I prefer Sinister to Apocalypse though...Apocalypse is just to over the top...

Maybe... the Purifiers...similar to the New X-Men/Messiah Complex/X-Force take...this religious group thinking of mutants as demons...it could be a interesting way of bringing back Nightcrawler to the school...

My thoughts on the X-Men though...

Future Team of X-Men:
Field Team:
-Rogue (Even is she's depowered I would still have her on the team...maybe Beast, Storm, and Wolverine teach her some basic combat/fighting skills...so she won't be totally useless...she'd be the field leader maybe co-leader with Iceman)
-Iceman (^^^...co-leader with Rogue)
-Collossus
-Shadowcat/Kitty
-Multiple Man (released to the X-Men by the President and Beast)
-Angel

Faculty/Staff:
-Storm
-Beast
-Wolverine (Optional)
-Banshee
-Emma Frost
-Nightcrawler

New Mutants:
-Havok (Field leader of the New Mutants...)
-Vulcan
-Polaris...(...For the New Mutants maybe Moira and the Professor found a few mutants too powerful to contol their powers...she uses her lab and research to understand and try to train them with some help from the Professor...and Cyclops and Jean before they died...like the Professor, Cyclops, and Jean were the only X-Men that knew of them and made so many trips to Muir Island to train them...this would be the Professor's and Moira's secret team...trained on Muir Island...)
-Domino (the instructor/aid to Moira's secret team...possible new love interest for Wolverine)
-Proteus (He could be the villain...escapes from Moira and the New Mutants and the X-Teams have to find him before he becomes uncontrollable with his powers...?...not totally a villain...just misguided)

There would be a relationship b/w Cyclops, Havok, and Vulcan established...Big brother training the Younger brothers...and with Cyclops dead Havok and Vulcan want to continue as X-Men...

After X3 the New Mutants are relocated to the Mansion...

Villains:
Again I prefer Sinister to Apocalypse...I would love to see the Mutant Massacre...

2nd Choice...The Purifiers...

3rd Choice...Hellfire Club...

4th Choice Proteus

probably already discussed, but, from Xmenfilms:

Collider.com has a video interview with X3 writer Zak Penn, and asked if his young X-Men spin-off film is still in the works. “Theoretically that still will happen.” said Penn. ”They’re waiting until Wolverine comes out before they make those decisions, but the idea is there and its been pitched and I would do it if they want to do it.”

The interviewer also mentioned that producer Lauren Shuler Donner “did an interview apparently the other day saying that they’re moving forward with X-Men 4.” Penn said he had heard nothing of it. Thanks narrows.

http://xmenfilms.net/blog/2008/03/07/young-x-men-and-x4-movie-talk/

Their really waiting to see how Wolverine does before they move forward...they should of just made X4...I hope they make X-Men 4!

....I hope we get the Young X-Men Spin-Off that was the only one I was interested in when it was announced way back when!!!

i just wish theyd do X-Men 4- no spin-offs, no origins. like i posted earlier i want a sequel that focuses on the new members, bringing in new familiars, and letting the veterans take a backseat.

I really hope Wolverine movie isn't a big hit, at least not like X3. If it is, say goodbye to X4.

I won't be seeing Wolverine in the theatres, because I don't want them to do a sequel to the spin-off, but start the pre-production of X4.

I really hope Wolverine movie isn't a big hit, at least not like X3. If it is, say goodbye to X4.

I won't be seeing Wolverine in the theatres, because I don't want them to do a sequel to the spin-off, but start the pre-production of X4.
That's how I feel kindof but I'm so conflicted because I'd hate to see any X-Movie fail! Just make X4 FOR CHRIST SAKE!

Wolverine won't fail, come on! is Wolverine, hehe. They'll make sure their film to be a success.

The issue is how much of a success do you want it to be?

and the other issue is: what do you preffer? Wolverine 2 or X4?

What would you want, thea1ant?

Wolverine 2 or X4? X4 easily. :up:

I'm happy Wolverine's getting his own film, but am not really sure I'd want to see a trilogy of his films.

I agree for the most part, don't know about Tatum though, haven't seen many of his film (only the one with Amanda Bynes)

I sound so horrible, but I agree

These are the characters I wolud have in the movie.

The team will be lead by Xavier (in another body perhaps?)
Beast, Nightcrawler, Collossus, Angel, Shadowcat, Iceman, Gambit and Multiple Man.

I wish ....

"Following the events of Magneto's attack on Alcatraz, the Registration Act is now in effect and non-compliant mutants are illegally apprehended by Sentinels. The X-Men also square off against Shaw Industries, unbeknownst to the public, a manipulative group of financially and politically powerful group of mutants."

X4 team: Storm, Beast, Iceman, Kitty, Colossus, Wolverine. More screen time and character development for everybody except for Storm and Wolverine. I would love to see Rogue back with her powers but I have a feeling she won't be back for X4 if it happens.

New Characters: Gambit, Graydon Creed, Emma Frost, Sebastian Shaw, Nathaniel Essex

Shaw Industries secretly fund the Sentinel Project and is working with Graydon Creed and Trask.

Scott will be revealed to be alive and well just held captive by Shaw Industries after his encounter with "Jean". Also, Nathaniel Essex, employed by Shaw, managed to retrieve Jean at Alkali lake and clones her (the "Madelyne Pryor/Goblin Queen" Jean in X3 also explaining the lack of Phoenix effect). The real Jean is also held captive by Shaw Industries.

Maybe the idea is a little lame but I would be okay with it.

I wish ....

"Following the events of Magneto's attack on Alcatraz, the Registration Act is now in effect and non-compliant mutants are illegally apprehended by Sentinels. The X-Men also square off against Shaw Industries, unbeknownst to the public, a manipulative group of financially and politically powerful group of mutants."

X4 team: Storm, Beast, Iceman, Kitty, Colossus, Wolverine. More screen time and character development for everybody except for Storm and Wolverine. I would love to see Rogue back with her powers but I have a feeling she won't be back for X4 if it happens.

New Characters: Gambit, Graydon Creed, Emma Frost, Sebastian Shaw, Nathaniel Essex

Shaw Industries secretly fund the Sentinel Project and is working with Graydon Creed and Trask.

Scott will be revealed to be alive and well just held captive by Shaw Industries after his encounter with "Jean". Also, Nathaniel Essex, employed by Shaw, managed to retrieve Jean at Alkali lake and clones her (the "Madelyne Pryor/Goblin Queen" Jean in X3 also explaining the lack of Phoenix effect). The real Jean is also held captive by Shaw Industries.

Maybe the idea is a little lame but I would be okay with it.

It's not lame so much as it sounds like it would have been more of a logical follow up to X2 rather than The Last Stand. Actually, 3/4 of your pitch sounds like a way to work around The Last Stand and back to how people originally envisioned X-Men 3 after the events of X2.

It's not lame so much as it sounds like it would have been more of a logical follow up to X2 rather than The Last Stand. Actually, 3/4 of your pitch sounds like a way to work around The Last Stand and back to how people originally envisioned X-Men 3 after the events of X2.

How so? I can't see how the end of X2 would lead to Sentinels or a Registration Act. The President at the end of X2 was giving mutants a chance.

I agree, in regards to the President, the end of X2 ends on a seemingly optimistic note. Then again, so does Xavier's parting sense of Jean Grey's survival, and we saw how that turned out. Xavier's near annihilation of the human race would surely raise eyebrows with the likes of the Senator Kellys and William Strykers of the world... perhaps even the Dr. Trasks. With or without the President's knowledge, sentinels would easily serve as an insurance policy in the event of another worldwide mutant threat, i.e. Dark Phoenix. Perhaps the sentinels are activated due the emergence of Dark Phoenix and serve a role similar to that of Lilandra's Imperial Guard.

I just sent off my script for X4 to 20th Century Fox, Ralph Winter Productions, Seed Productions and Lauren Shuler Donner's production company. Hopefully they'll take the time to read at least some of the script.

Hey a guy can dream can't he.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"