The Future of Venom

Discussion in 'Marvel Comics' started by Wolvenom2099, Feb 28, 2006.

1. littleredhat

littleredhat Registered

Thank you Vanguard.:O

Not only would joining with MJ cause the most trouble for Peter it would also give the alien plenty of opertunites to feed off of Peter's adrenilene before it was discovered.

Plus it would creep ol' webhead out like nothing has before.:spidey:

2. Shockdingo

Shockdingo Symbiote luvin' loon

Littleredhat; You area genius, why isn't MArvel hiring people like you? I'd love to see Brock back,but that idea could be an awesome idea!
    I'd just like to see Brock again, he's been written off into God-knows where for all this time. You'd think a character as popular as him would at least get some mention.

3. Silverstein

Silverstein Registered

Actually, he's right. That is an awesome idea, littleredhat. Venom is arguably one of Spidey's most dangerous enemies not only because he knows who Peter Parker is, but because he can dodge the spider sense and blend in.

So if his worse enemy was actually his wife, that would be awesome!! He would hear police reports about Venom running around at night. And he'd see things written on the walls in his bedroom like "Lookout, Parker.." But then he'd finally figure it out because she'd write "Lookout, Tiger.." on the wall in lipstick. And she'd be behind him or something in the Venom costume.

(stress from modeling would allow her mind to accept the symbiote I guess. and then it would drive her temporarily insane...)

4. littleredhat

littleredhat Registered

Yes it could be stress. But don't forget the alien's first trick,it can hide its presence from its host.

MJ wouldn't even know the thing was on her until it was too late and by then it would have effected her mind into accepting it. At least partailly.

Remember that the alien's main goal is access to Peter so it will do its very best to remain hidden so it can continue to feed off of him through MJ. It won't reveal itself unless it has to.

Oh and I do think Brock should come back.And maybey the scorpein/venom too. They should act like jilted husbands angrilly demanding the alien back but the alien "loves their spider" and refuses to leave a host that spider-man cares for in turn.
    Peter will be so disturbed by the ordeal that he will have to get very drunk and sleep on Johnny Storms couch.:p

One things for sure it'll be hell getting it off her.

5. Silverstein

Silverstein Registered

I would buy that just to see MJ beat the snot out of Eddie Brock and Scorpion and throw Peter out of a window. That would be awesome. It's like MJ versus everyone. haha

6. Shockdingo

OH man who wouldn't love a comic strip of Brock and gargan storming up to MJ and Pete's place
    "And when I see parker I'm gonna-" Brock howled.
    Suddenly an explosion of glass startled the pair. A single, battered body harshly crashed into the ground.

"What the?! Parker?!" Brock gasped in confusion.

"I'm not done with him yet!" A distorted female voice commanded.

Sudeenly a female figure, clad in a second skin of black lept towards the trio.

7. Silverstein

Silverstein Registered

Yes!!! That's what I want. And excuse me for saying this, but MJ would look quite sexy in the Venom costume. (I'm thinking more of a Spider-Woman style costume than a "Bride of Venom" costume)

8. Red

Red King Littlefinger

Just me thinking out loud here but if marvel wanted to bring Eddie back, what I would suggest is something like.

Peter discovers Brock in hospital recovering from his recently suicide attempt. Then Brock reveals to him that he’s dieing and that the symbiote is the only thing that can save him. So Peter conflicted with his hate and sympathy for Eddie decides to get the symbiote back. He breaks gargan out of prison and, tells the symbiote he wants it back that he wants to merge with it again, of course Peter is lying. The symbiote merges with Peter again (yay black suit!). He takes it back to Eddie, they become Venom and turn of Peter. They fight Venom gets away.

9. Shockdingo

That(if done right) could really be a great and powerful issue.

10. Vanguard07

Vanguard07 He who hath rhythm

The way i see it is Spiderman would come home and find Venom in his house and he'd immediately attack it. Venom would attempt to defend himself but wouldnt actively fight back untill Peter realizes somethings wrong and stops. The symbiote peels back to reveal MJ underneath. There's a brief pause. Peter faints.
    Over the next couple days they try to get it off of MJ untill some supervillain or other attacks Avengers tower (possibly that Tracer guy). Spiderman is caught off guard and temporarilly taken down. Venom rushes to defend parker and brings Tracer down. MJ thrilled by the adrenaline rush starts to like the symbiote (due to it's influence on her mind) and when they get close to removing it she freaks out resists them and escapes the tower. They try to find it but cant.
    Now the MJ/Venom is lurking in wait planning on how to make Spiderman accept it. It's crazy and it loves him so it wont hurt him but instead it's attacking everyone in his life out of insane jealousy. The Avengers (one by one without warning), Aunt May, etc. It tries to kill everyone except Peter untill Peter is finally forced to actually fight it.
    Spiderman and MJ Venom have their final showdown in the living room of their apartment in Avengers tower with Aunt May pinned to the wall by Venom's webbing. Spiderman despite his resolve just cant go all out on his wife and loses.
    After Beating Peter MJVenom moves to kill Aunt May and pauses at the last moment. MJ is fighting the symbiote's influence and wont let it kill Aunt May. Peter lends support as she struggles against it untill IM and the Avengers burst in and Capture MJ. Eventually Tony finds a way to remove the symbiote from MJ and her and Peter set out to pick up the pieces of what she's done.

11. littleredhat

littleredhat Registered

That would make a good climax but I would rather have the alien be more stealthy and keep itself hidden for at least a little while.

That way its more of a shock for Peter. This sort of story demands at least six issues if not more.

But it would be worth it for all the angst,humur, and strangness this story would provide.

Man I'm lovin this. An insanly possesive VenoMJ beating up any perseived threat to "our tiger" and sexually harrassing a creeped out Peter.:) :)

Priceless.

12. Silverstein

Silverstein Registered

But at the very end of that.....As Peter and MJ are walking away. She stops to get her keys. A panel close up showing her hand reaching for the key. Another close up panel showing that her hand is just out of reach. The final panel shows a black liquid come out of her sleeve and pull the keys to her hand. Peter says "Hurry up, MJ" and we only see the words "We're coming.."

13. stillanerd

stillanerd Registered

There was a What If issue where the Black Costume symbiote DID lacth itself onto the Hulk.

As for MJ becoming Venom...awesome idea.:up: It brings a real psychological edge, plus, since it feeds off of a person's inner most negativity, the MJ/Venom would feel a twisted love/hate relationship towards her husband/enemy. On top of that, once Spidey manages to free his wife from the suit, there would be intense psychological trauma. It would also be a very dark story. She was already so emotionally scarred when Brock/Venom that she forbidded Peter from ever wearing the black costume again. If she is ever bonded to the symbiote, she would feel absolutely violated, probably in the same sense a rape victim would feel. Peter has felt what it was like to have someone he loved be killed because of a villain and felt indirectly responsible for it, however to have someone experinece real physical and psychological trauma and survive is something altogether more painful and something he'd feel even more guilt-ridden about, especially if the Venom symbiote was involved. I appluad you for such an intriguing premise, littleredhat. :)

14. stillanerd

stillanerd Registered

Here's another possible candidate for Venom's future host: Betty Brant. You've got the angle that she's Peter's first girlfriend and who, deep down, is still very much in love with Peter--after all, it's alledged they once had a one-night when Betty was seperated from her husband. She also blames Spider-Man for being indirectly responsible for the death of her brother and of her late-husband Ned Leeds, so right there is a love/hate complication. She also would feel extremely jealous towards MJ, feeling that she "stole" Peter away from her. Also, she'd have bitter feelings towards Flash Thompson because she once had an affair with him and could've felt rejected by him. And lets not forget J. Jonah Jameson and having to put up with him for so many years. She'd also go after Doc Ock because he was the one who got her brother involved with defending a mobster, so she'd want revenge that way. Also the Hobgoblin for having framed her husband. The symbiote would bring up all of this if it bonded with her. Plus, it would be a chance to explore a supporting character that hasn't been given much to work with for a very long time.

15. littleredhat

littleredhat Registered

I feel that we've already seen the terror that the alien can cause through hate.

But love can be just as destructive.

I can picture VenoMJ locking Peter up in order to "protect" him and going out to fight crime herself with horrific results.

And I agree the trauma would be intense.

This creature could manipulate MJ into accepting it in a varity of ways. Bribing her with glimses into her husbands mind,giving her the rush of finally experincing her husbands power.

16. Iambaytor

Iambaytor Registered

Yeah, have MJ/Venom go on a violent vigilante killing spree while Peter's stuck at home for whatever reason. But soon bloodlust takes over and she starts killing people who didn't commit crimes, have some of New York's vigilantes take a crack at her for this (Ghost Rider, Punisher, Toxin, not Wolverine, I think we've seen enough of him for a millenia) then, as always happens when a symbiote goes on a rampage, Nick Fury steps in to kick some ass, but as per usual, Fury gets taken down (what's important is keeping this from turning into a huge crossover event, no X-Men, no Avengers) then have Eddie waking up in a hospital bed and seeing the damage this new Venom has caused and realizing that the world is much better if he has the suit. So he seeks out MJ/Venom, but the symbiote has become quite attatched to its new host (no pun intended), so Eddie goes and finds Peter, and together the two of them manage to get the suit back on him where it bonds once again as Peter and MJ go to deal with all that has happened.

17. Silverstein

Silverstein Registered

VenoMJ would be cool. The whole black widow aspect of her raping Peter is kind of traumatizing for him.

18. Silverstein

Silverstein Registered

Well you can't have her kill too many people because this would only be a mini series or a small story arc. I actually like the idea of her keeping the costume for a while. So at the end Eddie thinks he has the costume, and goes off somewhere. Thanking Peter. And then Peter makes a deal with him that he can never come back now that Peter has helped him get the symbiote back.

But he doesn't have the whole costume. MJ still has part of it. So in a later arc, Eddie comes back in search of the rest of the costume. But VenoMJ doesn't want to give it up so she takes on Venom.

So Venom would begin to find VenoMJ more of an enemy than Parker.

19. Shockdingo

I like the idea involving Brock Iambaytor. Man all this talk makes me want this to bt an animated DTV instead of a comic now :p

20. Red

Red King Littlefinger

Thats why I hope they do.

21. IronSpidy

IronSpidy Registered

Does anyone else think Marvel is creating a whole new look and persona for Venom?

22. Red

Red King Littlefinger

Saddly yes.

23. IronSpidy

IronSpidy Registered

Awesome, when do you think we will see it? When SM3 comes around?

24. Red

Red King Littlefinger

I can't see Venom appearing fully myself until 4.

25. UK_Stu

UK_Stu Registered

Some intriguing ideas here...

I'm not a big Venom fan to be honest and would be quite happy to not see him appear ever again. But if he was to re-appear I would hope it would be in a similar way to the way he originally appeared. People are right, Venom is in love with Peter, but like Glenn Close in Fatal Attraction, couldn't let go of him, after they separated. So has a love/hate relationship. Keep Brock dead and let the new host be someone else like who has a this type of relationship - MJ and Betty and possibly Flash are good ideas.

Bringing Ben Reilly back as Venom, would be like Jason Tood as the Red Hood - lame