The Gaming Lounge: Beyond - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

5061O.jpg

Yea it was fake. Anon removed the tweet. Thats the problem when there is no organization to your organization. You have knuckleheads doing something the other knuckleheads might not agree with.

I posted these screenshots in the thread for the new Rayman game, and I know most won't venture in there so I'm posting them in here as well. Even if you're not interested in the game itself you can still appreciate how gorgeous the game is.

8069.jpg

8070.jpg

8068.jpg

8072.jpg

8071.jpg

Oh man! Absolutely stunning. I sometimes think that developers gave up the ghost on 2D games way to early.

They did, but I'm glad they've been making a strong comeback the last few years.

It would be interesting to see what the industry would be like today if the Saturn (which was built as the ultimate 2D machine) had "won" and Playstation (which obviously pushed 3D graphics) failed.

Agreed.

Have you played Dust: An Elysian Tail? It's a beautiful 2D game as well... If you like MetroidVania like games, you'll absolutely love it.

They did, but I'm glad they've been making a strong comeback the last few years.

It would be interesting to see what the industry would be like today if the Saturn (which was built as the ultimate 2D machine) had "won" and Playstation (which obviously pushed 3D graphics) failed.
than its possible we may never have gotten some of the gems which came out of the 3D era. I prefer history as it all played out.

The alternate 2D universe version of you is probably saying the same thing.

Agreed.

Have you played Dust: An Elysian Tail? It's a beautiful 2D game as well... If you like MetroidVania like games, you'll absolutely love it.

I played the trial, and I absolutely intend on buying the game soon. I made a thread about the game in the Xbox section like...three or four years ago and I'm the only one to ever post in it. :funny:

Oh, well...I swear I forget that there are other gaming forums outside of the General Gaming forum. :p

Hey guys for those with Gamefly. I recently started my first subscription & if I rent out two games & beat one of the games. Can I send back one game & get the next game on my list ?

I hope it's not true. It's a great way to try games.

Just talked to a buddy of mine at EB Games about this. Apparently GameStop is eyeing up purchasing On Live.. Or another streaming game service. He says GS will be getting there own online stream service next year regardless... But they may be looking into snatching up On Live.

I must say it would be a smart idea on Gamestop's part from a business point of view.

Not to mention if that actually happens, they can use OnLive against the consoles if they decide to do away with used games or go digital only.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"