The Gaming Lounge: Beyond

I doubt Ubisoft would kill off the franchise as it's still way too big and strong enough but I feel AC has run it's course after so many damn games. A new IP as a spiritual successor to Prince of Persia and Assassin's Creed would be wonderful and a futuristic style would be very interesting after both old franchises are set through out history

Odyssey, got a bunch of game of the year nominations which is incredible for a series that is being criticized for annual releases. And Assassin's Creed don't often get the critical reception from critics. Also, they wouldn't release the recent ports to the other platforms like the Switch/Stadia and the recent remasters, if they aren't happy with the sales. Assassin's Creed IS the flagship franchise of Ubisoft even after when Unity/Syndicate underperformed. Also other franchises like Ghost Recon, Watch_Dogs, Just Dance, The Division would be set abandoned first before Ubisoft does that to Assassin's Creed. Its their maincash cow. Skull & Bones and Gods and Monsters are heavily inspired by Ac as well.

nintendo-demotivator.jpg

Sadly, not even a Mario x Rabbids 2 would make me excited for an Ubisoft game.

Damn what a shame. I feel like a lot of companies have gotten better (in the sense they’re doing the bare minimum) but still, hopefully more diversity is one of the issues we can fix with this gen.

sorry if it’s been posted already but did everyone see this?

the developer of duke nukem and doom and shooters like that are having their own DC fandome type event. I’m super keen. Anyone else excited?

the developer of duke nukem and doom and shooters like that are having their own DC fandome type event. I’m super keen. Anyone else excited?
3D Realms... Now that's a publisher name I haven't heard in a long time. Romero, Bleszinski and McGee will be there so it'll interesting to see what they've been cooking up lately.

The game previewed at 0:34 reminds me of Heretic so that got me hyped.

I'll definitely tune in! Thanks for the heads-up.

No worries! I would love it if they revealed a sequel to Ion Fury. I loved that game!

Anyone else keeping track of Gamescom at the moment. There were some fun trailers released today

geez I need to get a PC

"Our games aren't political"
edit oops

Last edited:
I enjoy the Ubisoft games I've played but never played any of the Tom Clancy games which are part of their annual releases. I was thinking of playing the recent Ghost Recon games, but the reviews stopped me. While Splinter Cell isn't available for ps4 and The Division is a multiplayer game series. Rainbox Six Seige is multiplayer as well and is a fps.

Then there's other non TC games. I don't play Hyper Scape that much. And from what I read, Skulls & Bones is a multiplayer as well like Sea of Thieves, but they are now adding an actual story. Its a wait and see for me. But I need a good campaign. I feel like I eventually would play a multiplayer game eventually (well I already did) but it needs a solid campaign for me to buy one. Gods and Monster is a quick pass as I don't like the look of the game. Lastly, Beyond Good and Evil 2 looks massive and something I see myself playing but that is taking forever.

Last edited:
"Our games aren't political"

Well that was damn annoying and unfunny! I've gotten in trouble for posting videos with much less profanity, so you should have gotten a private message by now with the post deleted!

Last edited:
Oops, guess I should actually watch the video with sound, rather than assume the subtitles are all that there is.

AT&T is reported to be scrapping their sale of the Warner Bros. video-game unit. I'm not surprised really. They were asking too much money for too few IPS. The problem with selling studios apart form the infrastructure, is that all the talent could easily leave after the sale.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"