The General Comic Discussion Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't get his thinking. If they've stopped aging Bruce, stop aging Dick. Why can they do it for one but not the other?
Because then you have to stop aging the whole Bat-Family and none of them ge to grow past what they are doing unless you create a new line set in a different timeline where they age naturally.

Because then you have to stop aging the whole Bat-Family and none of them ge to grow past what they are doing unless you create a new line set in a different timeline where they age naturally.
But what's the difference between doing it for Bruce and doing it for them?

Because I guess Tim, Jason and Damion can't be the same age as Dick even though Jason is close to it now.

Last edited:
So age Bruce, then. I like the idea of him getting older and more wore out.

In All-Star Squadron Annual #3, Roy Thomas explained that the JSA found their aging process stunted after they absorbed energy from Ian Karkull after they destroyed him.

I don't see why DC couldn't do that with certain characters while aging up others.

Personally I think they should age Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman and the rest and let them phase out and let the younger group take over. Although I would prefer for Conner to take over as Superman than John mainly because Conner has earned it while John really hasn't earned that right yet other than being Superman's son.

What I also think they should do is make the Earth One line a monthly comic for those who don't want to see their heroes aged up and out they have an alternate line to read.

Personally I think they should age Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman and the rest and let them phase out and let the younger group take over. Although I would prefer for Conner to take over as Superman than John mainly because Conner has earned it while John really hasn't earned that right yet other than being Superman's son.

What I also think they should do is make the Earth One line a monthly comic for those who don't want to see their heroes aged up and out they have an alternate line to read.

That's kind of what DC was going to do with their supposed "5G" event, but it would likely be a mistake. It might work for awhile and be an interesting experiment, but things would eventually be reset very quickly. As much as people like Damian, Dick, Jon, etc, they still want to read stories with the real Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, etc.

That's kind of what DC was going to do with their supposed "5G" event, but it would likely be a mistake. It might work for awhile and be an interesting experiment, but things would eventually be reset very quickly. As much as people like Damian, Dick, Jon, etc, they still want to read stories with the real Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, etc.
Oh I know about 5g which is why I say use the Earth One line for Clark, Bruce, etc. However I would want Conner for Superman instead of Jon.

Maybe I look at all this like a simpleton but I just view their ages as tremendously ambiguous. Bruce could be 30 or he could be 50. It’s hard to tell. Dick is somewhere in his 20s. Damien aged 3 years over the last decade and really hasn’t aged at all in the last five years or so. I’m good with the ambiguity. As long as I am suspending disbelief regarding people who can fly and shoot lasers out their eyes I can refrain from questioning ages while I’m at it.

Scott Lobdell is done with freelance comic work! Red Hood will finally have a new voice!

Also, he's a creep and DC should have kicked him out a long time ago...

Scott Lobdell is done with freelance comic work! Red Hood will finally have a new voice!

Also, he's a creep and DC should have kicked him out a long time ago...
It’s really hard for me because I love Lobdell’s new work. His RHatO post-Rebirth has been brilliant and I loved Flash Forward. But he is a creep and that certainly made its way into his New 52 runs and his personal history is pretty vile.

I know nothing about him personally, but all I know is that his Superman is the worst I've ever had the misfortune of reading, so I've never had the urge to read any of his other work.

I know nothing about him personally, but all I know is that his Superman is the worst I've ever had the misfortune of reading, so I've never had the urge to read any of his other work.

Oh man, i totally forgot he was on superman for a while...happens when you barely touched new 52 superman.
Wasnt he also one of the guys who had a problem with a black perry white?

Sadly i do like RH run a bit...but get shirtty people out of the industry, there are thousands of decent comic writers out there, there is plenty talent that can be on par or better in terms of talent.

Personally I loved his run on Superman. He did well with the H'El saga and Doomsday.

I got turned off to New 52 Superman pretty early, so I wasn’t as familiar. I did give his New 52 Red Hood and the Outlaws a try, but the disservice that was given to Starfire was horrendous. I was embarrassed at that title. I think that was around the time that he got called out for sexual harassment. I gave his Rebirth Red Hood and the Outlaws a shot since I was intrigued by the makeup of that team and it turned out to be one of my favorite, if not very favorite, titles in Rebirth. It has been very strong. His treatment of Artemis Grace is very different than how he wrote Starfire. Then his Flash Forward story maintained his fun, quirky style while blending it with a lot of parental tenderness. It seemed like he’s grown up since the New 52 days, at least if his work is any indication.

but yeah, if you wrote him off after Superman, I would recommend his Rebirth Red Hood and the Outlaws, especially up until Jason Todd struck out on his own. Jason, Artemis and Bizarro have never been more fun to read.

Then his Flash Forward story maintained his fun, quirky style while blending it with a lot of parental tenderness. It seemed like he’s grown up since the New 52 days, at least if his work is any indication.
Flash Forward, that's the one you recommended that follows Wally's story after Heroes in Crisis?

Flash Forward, that's the one you recommended that follows Wally's story after Heroes in Crisis?
Yes. It’s basically the next chapter in Wally’s saga. I enjoyed it. It’s a very different tone than Heroes in Crisis because Lobdell is much more quirky than King.

Yes. It’s basically the next chapter in Wally’s saga. I enjoyed it. It’s a very different tone than Heroes in Crisis because Lobdell is much more quirky than King.
Thanks. Once things have settled down I'll definitely look for it.

Read the new DCeased, didnt read the original but it was pretty easy to grasp onto the story. Anytime my girl Black Canary can shine bright I love it! Though...
WW kills Ollie and it appears that Dinah kills WW just as they find a cure!

Go figure.

Read the new DCeased, didnt read the original but it was pretty easy to grasp onto the story. Anytime my girl Black Canary can shine bright I love it! Though...

Go figure.
Dead Planet right?I Haven't read that one yet. I Really enjoyed both story and art on the first series.
I read the first issue of Unkillables but I was put off by the horrible horrible art.

Go figure.

Did he die? Looked more to me like he was still struggling with being infected, but i might have overlooked something in my fast first reading, will check it out again later.

Its surprisingly good, i thought it would be some cheap marvel zombies rip off...but its actually pretty decent imo.

Hey @Babillygunn. Could you please clear something up for me? In Heroes in Crisis it seemed that both Barry and Wally were operating under the name the Flash. Is that right? Were there two Flashes 'running around' (so to speak)? (I don't generally read Flash solo stuff)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"