The General Comic Discussion Thread - Part 1

Discussion in 'DC Comics' started by Thread Manager, Dec 11, 2017.

1. signalman

signalman Well-Known Member

wickedmountain likes this.
  2. Batmannerism

Batmannerism Super-unknown

3. MMMMM...Pancakes

MMMMM...Pancakes Cena Wins LOL

Up, Up & Away has always been a favorite of mine.

4. Babillygunn

Babillygunn Tag team champion

I’ve never read Up Up & Away. How’d this happen? I must remedy this!

5. Babillygunn

I strongly recommend Batman: The Dark Prince Charming. Quietly a great Batman/Joker/Catwoman tale. I really should’ve seen the twist coming but I was so enthralled by the well told, simple story that I missed it.

6. Babillygunn

Thank you guys for the recommendation. Awesome read. Really nailed the characters. Perfect Lex, perfect Supes and perfect Lois. I love how metropolis is basically a character of its own as well. Great story.

It occurred to me that after BvS that would’ve made a great basic storyline for MoS 2

7. the_ultimate_evil

the_ultimate_evil CURSE YOU GIN MONKEY.

With the news about the batman 50 spoilers, I can’t say I’m not surprised but I’m kinda sad because the story has been amazing and I had hoped dc had some balls

But I do think they deserve the backlash it has gained them.

8. HBarnill

HBarnill Well-Known Member

Happy 4th of July, everybody! Just a reminder:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

He stands for truth, justice, and the American way!

9. Babillygunn

I loved that panel. Found it interesting that so many political pundits found it offensive

10. HBarnill

What made me so pissed was Fox News calling it propaganda. Superman is doing what he does, and it’s considered propaganda. That channel is filled with broken people who decided that they need to make the world broken, too.

11. gohei_

gohei_ Infected by Pentapox

Just a random thought here, but has anyone else noticed how nice comic books smell?
    I have a separate room for all my comics that is closed off pretty much all day and whenever I enter there is this really pleasant scent of paper and ink.
    I don't think I've ever noticed this in either a bookstore or library before.

12. MMMMM...Pancakes

I'm well aware. I love the smell, especially when opening a hardcover book that was wrapped in plastic.

13. _Superman_

_Superman_ Man Of Steel

If they can bring back
    Bart
    when are they going to bring back Conner? It's a shame it has taken this long to bring them back.

14. NDX

NDX Walking with Elias.

I used to do the same with my old Star Wars cards. I'd crack a pack and give it a good sniff before I even sorted the cards. Pulling a Vader or Fett just made it all the better back then.

Glad that I get to do that still with come comics.

15. MMMMM...Pancakes

:up:

16. NDX

NDX Walking with Elias.

Question for the people here, as you grow older have you noticed yourself getting closer or further away from superhero books?

I've noticed, while still loving a good hero based book, I've been leaning away from it for a larger variety of subjects, one favorite being slice of life. I need more of those in my life.

17. Babillygunn

I’ve waxed and waned through the years. When I was an early teen, I was a serious comics-phile (Marvel in particular). Then in high school and college got away from it. I got interested again around grad school and turned to DC (Knightfall was going on). Then I got married and distracted for a few years but turned back shortly after seeing Hush on the shelf while killing time at the public library. I’ve pretty much been reading consistently for about 8-9 years. Going through comics with my youngest son has been a great joy.

I don’t find myself reading non-superhero comics or graphic novels, with few exceptions (such as V for Vendetta or occasional horror comics)

18. MMMMM...Pancakes

I guess further away, but superhero books are still a major part of my readings. I definitely read a lot more non-superhero books than I did 10 years ago. I'm open to anything really. Some of my favorites over the last few years have been non-superhero books. Deadly Class, Nailbiter, 5 Ghosts, just to name a few.

19. NDX

NDX Walking with Elias.

So, similar to the bad ass above, I spent most of my youth reading comics, then dropped off mid-high school due to a variety of reasons, but mainly books not being as interesting anymore. A friend of mine told me to read Kingdom Come in 2004, and slowly from there I started reading other trades, like House of M. The I saw on the news one morning Cap was dying, and I found and devoured Brubaker's Cap series and I was hooked again.

And like pancakes, I've slowly moved away from capes over the years, buying more and more variety and finding my favorite books being books like Mouse Guard, Usagi Yojimbo, Essex County and damn near anying Eisner and Kubert.

20. Iceman

Iceman Daffy Duck Vs The Joker

I love comics, whether superhero or not. I only stopped reading for a few years when I ran out of space for more physical comics (had 12 long boxes full).

21. NDX

NDX Walking with Elias.

I need new shelves badly. I probably have 200 books that are taking up the top of my dresser.

22. MMMMM...Pancakes

I haven't gotten to the point where I've completely stopped reading or lost interest. During these summer months I tend to read less as I am staying busy. I'll still squeeze in some reading time here and there. Winter time I'll grab a stack and sit on the toilet and read, then I'll drift over to the bath tub and read some more.

23. NDX

NDX Walking with Elias.

The can is where I get a good bit of reading done. It used to be while traveling, but I've been carrying the same damn book in my bag for 2 years now.

24. Babillygunn

For me I read at my desk at lunch, or on the commode...I think that there might be a pattern in there somewhere

25. HBarnill

In honor of its 10th anniversary, do you think The Dark Knight impacted Batman comics?