The General Comic Discussion Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, uh... Spidey got a new suit...

I like the style, but the color pattern is awful.

Yeah I guess with different colors it wouldn't be so bad.

I've seen people recolor it and it ain't bad but those eyes just ruin it every time. Not a fan.

So, uh... Spidey got a new suit...

200w.gif

Did Image take all of the year off? I feel like nothing new has come out under Image since the finale to Sex Criminals.

Did Image take all of the year off? I feel like nothing new has come out under Image since the finale to Sex Criminals.
Possibly got affected by the pandemic I think. So, Sex Criminals is done? That's another big Image title that has ended. With Walking Dead, Wicked+Divine and Paper Girls ending last year, I wonder what other big books are still active.

I'm still waiting for Southern Bastards to resume but it feels like it's been in hiatus for decades...

Gideon Falls from Image also ended like 2 weeks ago. I have just started reading it and Really liking it so far.

Image had great success with a series called "That Texas Blood", which was actually written by a friend of mine. It was his first comic.

A good read if you're interested.

I'll check it out. Sadly, my only current Image snags are;

Saga [well technically on hiatus]
Violent
SFSX

Everything else has either ended;

East Of West
Wicked + Divine

I'm catching up on;

Thief Of Thieves
Outcast
Postal
Southern Bastards

...oddly this is their biggest transfer of titles in a long time.

Brubaker released two new OGN books through Image this year, "Pulp" and "Reckless", that were veeery welcome additions to my library.

I received the Blackhawk: Blood and Iron hardcover for Christmas. It collects the 3 issue Howard Chaykin mini series from the 80s, a Secret Origins issue, and all the Blackhawk stories from Action Comics Weekly. The ACW stuff is a lot of fun, but Chaykin's series is just ::chef's kiss::

Last edited:
Brubaker released two new OGN books through Image this year, "Pulp" and "Reckless", that were veeery welcome additions to my library.
Yeah, we can always count on the amazing Brubaker/Philips duo. My last read from them was My Heroes Have Always Been Junkies. I'll check out Pulp and Reckless... Thanks for the rec!

I did like what I saw of Future Slate/5g Superman but I must admit I am not a big fan of his outfit. I just wish it was more like the Rebirth/Man of Steel suit for him. Also it is implied that even during this Superman has more kids out there. Anyways thought it was a good start although I still wish this was Conner and the Teen Titans group taking over and I'm kinda sad this isn't ongoing. However I do think there is also a lot of room for improvement but I think if it was allowed to grow it could be what the new 52 was supposed to be.

So when did it become cool to turn Wally into a villain?
DC hasn’t had a plan for Wally since they brought him back in Rebirth. So they constantly abuse the character. They teased that he was going to be pivotal to Death Metal then they totally minimized his role in that as well. I hate what they’ve done to him.

So when did it become cool to turn Wally into a villain?

Ah yes, Wally...one of the many things DC seems to be tonedeaf about.
However thinks what they are doing with him is the best possible choice, should probably put someone else in charge...because its not.

Anyway...Future state hm?
Just read batman and wonder woman so far.
Batman i will need to give it time, the characters are interesting, but as batman this is rather weak.

WW however is pretty neat.
I like the visuals an Yara as character so far.

Also read death metal 7...eh as expected a rather weak ending imo.
Soon i will start it new and read it in one go to see if my opinion changes...but as it stands it was just okay.

I asked that question because in future state they've basically made Wally the reverse Flash going around and killing all the people who can access the speed force.

Yeah. They’ve forgotten that the general consensus of comics readers was that when it came to them as Flash, Wally>Barry

Future State: Wonder Woman was SOOOOOOOOO GOOD! It is a shame that Diana does not get this kind of A+ treatment both in art and in story.

I asked that question because in future state they've basically made Wally the reverse Flash going around and killing all the people who can access the speed force.

DC has bent over backwards to ruin Wally since they brought him back. They just keep having him kill people and then going "oops". They are so threatened by his popularity compared to Barry.

Is anyone else here into the crowdfunding comics scene? I've been reading books by Richard Meyer lately and am considering Ethan Van Sciver. There's quite the buzz about his Cyberfrog books.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"