The Gifted The Gifted 101 - "eXposed" Discussion Thread

well so far I like this show, it's better then the Inhumans

I loved it. Can't wait for more.

Does it have to be a competition?

Well, it always is when people talk comic book shows and movies.

Great start, though. Some very impressive visual effects, really shows the hardships of being a mutant. Liked the bonding between Laura and Andy, Caitlin's discovery that her kids were mutants, the resistance movement- and a very impressive opening sequence. Well done.

Oh, and the X-Men cartoon theme as a ring tine? Well done.

Considering how Marvel has tried to push one over the other, kinda.

The Gifted had a panel at SDCC. It's been having a ton of ads on TV and online. Inhumans had a panel a couple hours later on the same day and also has ads on TV and online (although the ad presence online feels less). I think I saw an ad for Inhumans in the latest issue of Black Panther I read, but is that what you're talking about?

Basically the people working on this show put more heart in it. One of the dudes created Burn Notice for ****'s sake.

That opener was better than I expected, glad I didn't give this a pass. Hopefully it stays good. (On a side note, duct tape is not the best way to fix dog toys, lol. Could make the dog sick, just saying. :p)

Personally, I'm glad they cut Lorna's weird seran wrap prison. Personally, the small details as Strucker was laying out the charges against Lorna were great at establishing institutionlized hatred against mutants, as well as the Sentinel Services visit to the Strucker's home.

Using your mutant powers increases the charge. Public safety means dragging your kids away in the middle of the night. Here's hoping they can keep up this quality.

Pretty darn good. This might be the first network superhero show I watch more than a few episodes of.

That was a solid premiere episode. This and Legion are different enough takes on the X-Men franchise to definitely keep me interested.

Wow, that was quite the nostalgia trip. Looking forward to the next for sure.

Ohh I thought this was great, so much fun, with a couple bits of fan service which were really cool.

The Gifted had a panel at SDCC. It's been having a ton of ads on TV and online. Inhumans had a panel a couple hours later on the same day and also has ads on TV and online (although the ad presence online feels less). I think I saw an ad for Inhumans in the latest issue of Black Panther I read, but is that what you're talking about?
I think he means how the Inhumans were tried to be made into the next big thing over the X-Men in the comics - and I guess TV too. Not in promoting the show.

Good pilot. It was very entertaining and there was just enough good stuff to help lift the story out of its generic premise, which I had doubts for. It's very character-driven, which is great. I have a feeling many people will be tuning just because Lorna, Marcos, John, Clarice and the Struckers are all interesting people we will want to watch more of. The show isn't trying to overreach, which is good. It's sticking to what it's good at.

Also, the preview for the entire season just made my jaw drop with some of the stuff that was said.

I kinda feel like I watched a different episode from everyone else. I found this really disappointing after all the reviews hyping it up. It was basically what I expected before the reviews were praising it.

Just saw episode 1 of The Gifted. It is what I thought it was. 10 or so years ago, I would've been very excited to watch a show just like this however I feel that it's just a retread of shows like Heroes/Heroes Reborn, No Ordinary Family, The Tomorrow People etc etc. Anyone feel the same? I feel that it's going to play out the same cliches and would be cancelled after 2 seasons.

Just saw episode 1 of The Gifted. It is what I thought it was. 10 or so years ago, I would've been very excited to watch a show just like this however I feel that it's just a retread of shows like Heroes/Heroes Reborn, No Ordinary Family, The Tomorrow People etc etc. Anyone feel the same? I feel that it's going to play out the same cliches and would be cancelled after 2 seasons.

Lol ..No one remembers terrible shows like Tomorrow people and No ordinary Family while Heroes was a too pretentious.

I think he means how the Inhumans were tried to be made into the next big thing over the X-Men in the comics - and I guess TV too. Not in promoting the show.

X-Men have 9 ongoings and two minis (I'm assuming Phoenix Resurrection is a mini). Inhumans have 3 ongoings and one mini. Obviously, the X-Men can't be promoted as the next big thing because they're already a big thing. But I don't see how that's lacking in support at all.

I feel like Heroes did it so much better but in truth, I just think everything Bryan Singer touches is crap and that he's terrible with characterization.
However, I'll admit I did enjoy the action scenes that involved the boy.

Watched the first episode and it intrigued me enough to want to watch episode 2.

I kinda feel like I watched a different episode from everyone else. I found this really disappointing after all the reviews hyping it up. It was basically what I expected before the reviews were praising it.

I kinda feel the same. I wasn't expecting something big or nearly as good as Legion, but the reviews got me hyped. At the end, it was just what I was expecting before. I mean, it seems like a regular superhero show.

I liked it and I'm definitely on board, but it isn't that big.

They'll be exploring different sides of the X-Men world that I'm totally interested. Plus, Polaris. And the actors playing the kids didn't bother me the way I thought they would. They actually decent/good. Especially the boy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"