The Gifted The Gifted 105 - "boXed in" Discussion Thread

See, this stuff with Turner's family and learning about his daughter makes him come off a bit more sympathetic. He's like a twisted version of Magneto, blaming all of mutantkind for the actions of a few and not seeing the difference between good and bad.

Otherwise, pretty good episode. The Struckers have definitely proven their worth by helping the mutants and saving Trader's life. Kind of makes Caitlin rethink letting her kids get involved and use their powers, I bet. And figured that Blink would confront Dreamer on the dreams eventually.

oh boy, I think he's going be even more pissed at the mutants now he has to relived his daughter death

oh boy, I think he's going be even more pissed at the mutants now he has to relived his daughter death

He got punished twice. :(

See, this stuff with Turner's family and learning about his daughter makes him come off a bit more sympathetic. He's like a twisted version of Magneto, blaming all of mutantkind for the actions of a few and not seeing the difference between good and bad.

Otherwise, pretty good episode. The Struckers have definitely proven their worth by helping the mutants and saving Trader's life. Kind of makes Caitlin rethink letting her kids get involved and use their powers, I bet. And figured that Blink would confront Dreamer on the dreams eventually.

I bet she won't approve of the kids being directly involved in the war. And she would be right in this regard.

I bet she won't approve of the kids being directly involved in the war. And she would be right in this regard.

Those kids would imprisioned whether they fight or not. I'd rather go down swinging. :(

Those kids would imprisioned whether they fight or not. I'd rather go down swinging. :(

They are not of age: while their powers can be helpful, they shouldn't be encouraged to become soldiers. But that's the larger irony with this stupid country: you can't officially drink until you're 21, but becoming a soldier at 18? Great, help yourself, kiddo. :sly:

So yeah, Cyke definitely killed Jace's daughter.

They are not of age: while their powers can be helpful, they shouldn't be encouraged to become soldiers. But that's the larger irony with this stupid country: you can't officially drink until you're 21, but becoming a soldier at 18? Great, help yourself, kiddo. :sly:

When it falls to the level of self defense I still can't argue with them giving backup. They don't have to be on the front lines, sure. But this is a sort of emergency situation. :(

When it falls to the level of self defense I still can't argue with them giving backup. They don't have to be on the front lines, sure. But this is a sort of emergency situation. :(

I'm all for self defense, but few things are more horrible than child soldiers.

I'm all for self defense, but few things are more horrible than child soldiers.

Oh to be sure, in the African-kill your parents or we kill you-- sort of way. This isn't that. They wouldn't be forced, in theory they wouldn't be on offense or commit otrocities and all that. But I haven't had a problem with the way they have been helping out so far.

This may be the best episode yet. For the first time the family didn't annoy me and the mutants kidnapping the sentinel agent was kind of exciting. I really liked how they show Lorna's powers. I thought the ending was really messed up how they made the agent forget the death of his daughter. Glad to see this show is improving.

This was the first great episode of The Gifted. Every other episode has just been good or passable, but the show seems to be really finding its stroke now - especially since now that we will be moving onto The Hound storyline.

Does anyone think this will be an adaptation of Days of Future Present?

Oh to be sure, in the African-kill your parents or we kill you-- sort of way. This isn't that. They wouldn't be forced, in theory they wouldn't be on offense or commit otrocities and all that. But I haven't had a problem with the way they have been helping out so far.

This isn't that for now, but it's easy to cross the boundary, especially when revenge is concerned (case in point: Lorna). And the scene in the 6th ep. promo (
in which Lorna tells Caitlin that the mutants will be fighting all their lives so she shouldn't be opposed to her kids becoming soldiers
) kinda pinpoints the problem: what's in all those kids' future? Fighting until they die? That's not a future worth fighting for. Guns and lasers are not enough. The system has to be dismantled through other means.

This isn't that for now, but it's easy to cross the boundary, especially when revenge is concerned (case in point: Lorna). And the scene in the 6th ep. promo (
in which Lorna tells Caitlin that the mutants will be fighting all their lives so she shouldn't be opposed to her kids becoming soldiers
) kinda pinpoints the problem: what's in all those kids' future? Fighting until they die? That's not a future worth fighting for. Guns and lasers are not enough. The system has to be dismantled through other means.

This isn’t the world of X1 or X2. Mutants have been made enemies of the state in all but name and Lorna is quite correct slow motion genocide is the policy of this government. It’s one step below going full 2027 DoFP and it’s already turning Mutants into slaves to fight other Mutants and sending killer robots after them.

How do you dismantle a system that is this far down the rabbit hole by nonviolent means alone? Thunderbird is the Xavier parallel character and even he knows they must hide and at times fight or die. Eclipse is in the middle and Lorna has the most proactive approach.

Last edited:
Really enjoyed this episode. It did a good job of building off everything that came before and made good use of the entire cast. If they keep giving us these kinda episodes I'll be really happy. ;)

I was bored with Jace's centric episode. It just didn't grab my attention. More focus on the mutants please.

I'm not sure why I'm still watching it myself. Like I keep thinking it will pick up or something. :( Kind of like Fear the Walking dead. The idea of it is good, but the execution of it somewhat lacks.

I'm not sure why I'm still watching it myself. Like I keep thinking it will pick up or something. :( Kind of like Fear the Walking dead. The idea of it is good, but the execution of it somewhat lacks.

I am only watching it for completion. Jace, Eclipse, the Struckers.. I will never be invested to those characters. Now if they feature the mutants (from the comics) more, I might find this more enjoyable to watch.

I am only watching it for completion. Jace, Eclipse, the Struckers.. I will never be invested to those characters. Now if they feature the mutants more, I might find this more enjoyable to watch.

It has that "almost but not quite there" feel of The Following. It knew what it wanted to be, but it's just a bit off. I think maybe I watch HBO too much, that some of the other scripted shows just aren't hard enough or something. :(

It has that "almost but not quite there" feel of The Following. It knew what it wanted to be, but it's just a bit off. I think maybe I watch HBO too much, that some of the other scripted shows just aren't hard enough or something. :(

I just don't think the quality of this is up there. Like the scene with Dreamer and Blink at the end felt like a soap opera (and not a good one). And the reason why Jace hates mutants is a typical / expected reason to hate mutants and the execution of her daughter's demise wasn't executed well. And how typical it happened in a day that they were having fun in the playground. This shows feels pedestrian to me. Been there and done that. And as much as I like Polaris being the star (despite being billed last), she's coming across as Magneto 2.0 here. She uses her energy blasts more often in the comics and not much on controlling metal stuff.

I just don't think the quality of this is up there. Like the scene with Dreamer and Blink at the end felt like a soap opera (and not a good one). And the reason why Jace hates mutants is a typical reason to hate mutants and the execution of her daughter's demise wasn't executed well. And how typical it happened in a day that they were having fun in the playground. This shows feels pedestrian to me. Been there and done that. And as much as I like Polaris being the star (despite being billed last), she's coming across as Magneto 2.0 here. She uses her energy blasts more often in the comics and not control metal stuff.

Exactly. I feel like I've seen this already, and oh look, yet another medical emergency. Guess we had to give Mom something to do.

Polaris has never been a fave of mine and the girl who plays her annoyed me back when she was in Aquarius. She just kind of rubs me wrong, just like how her hair still isn't green enough. She needs something, I just don't know what. :(

She needs to wear something identical to the comics!

I also find it odd that Blink's portals werent shown in this episode, instead they just had that purple lightning. As someone who isn't enjoying this show, these little things irk me even more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"