The Gifted ratings thread

Discussion in 'The Gifted' started by famicommander, Oct 3, 2017.

1. famicommander

famicommander Well-Known Member

The pilot episode of The Gifted scored a 1.5 rating leading out of Lucifer's 1.1 last night. This is a very good result for the show as long as it settles around 1.0-1.1 for the season average.

4.899 million people watched overall.

2. PSINGRAPHD

PSINGRAPHD SuperHeroinE Addict

TVbytheNumbers.com, TV Ratings Monday: ‘The Gifted’ gets off to decent start, ‘Good Doctor’ stays high, CBS comedies tumble
    EW.com, The Gifted debuts but Big Bang Theory is still a superhero on Mondays
    HollywoodReporter.com, TV Ratings: ABC's 'Good Doctor' Holds Strong, 'Gifted' Makes Solid Entry

Deadline.com, ‘The Gifted’ Off To OK Ratings Start, ‘9JKL’ Debut Modest Amid CBS Comedy Block Declines, ‘Good Doctor’ Holds In Week 2

3. marvelrobbins

marvelrobbins Well-Known Member

well anything above 1.1 i feel is very good in demo.i also feel it is good gifted increased from lucifer's numbers.still above 1.1 next week will be very good.

with it being fox it's survival is based on what the hour long shows not called empire are doing.

4. PSINGRAPHD

5. Avenging Angel

Avenging Angel I'm Fire! Life incarnate!

Those are way up than I thought it would be.

6. jmc247

jmc247 Well-Known Member

The Gifted L + 3 numbers come out and it’s the highest in three years in the time slot in the core demographic. Let’s see what L+7 brings.

7. PSINGRAPHD

Awesome! Better than I X-pected. Was hopin' & prayin' just to hit 2 even, in the most sought after demo, and 7 overall. Found this part of the quote:

... pretty impressive, and...
    [​IMG]

8. marvelrobbins

marvelrobbins Well-Known Member

Episode 2 dropped to 3.85 Million in total viewers and 1.2 In 18 to 48 demo

Lucifer did worse than the gifted.

9. psylockolussus

psylockolussus Well-Known Mutant

A 0.3 is a big drop!

10. GREEN =w= DAY

GREEN =w= DAY Well-Known Member

Ratings are completely pointless is today's world taking into account that many people watch the series online or on DVR

I'm one of them. That way I can skip through commercials and watch at my convenience

11. Inhuman117

Inhuman117 Well-Known Member

every show this monday has a drop , maybe people had better things to do on mondays or everybody was too hyped for monday football and the Last Jedi trailer

12. psylockolussus

You are speaking for yourself. Ratings do matter especially to advertisers. While networks still gather them, if ratings don't matter, why are low rated shows get a budget cut just to earn a renewal like AOS:huh:

13. jmc247

jmc247 Well-Known Member

In terms of the survival of shows yah they matter. Too many metered houses DVR it and watch it later and the show ends because advertisers pay for the show and want you to watch the ads not for the masses to skip them at their convience some other time and too many do that to a show and it’s gone.

This series needs to stay close to where it is now I suspect to both get another season and avoid budget cuts. Avoiding ads sounds great until one considers what pays for the show is almost entirely ads.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2017
  14. Darepool

Darepool Well-Known Member

Pilots usually get the higher ratings, so not surprised by the drop. Plus the pilot was the definition of mediocre, so there's that. The second episode was a big step forward though and at the very least was entertaining from start to finish. I love Amy Acker and Emma Dumont, so I'll definitely continue watching this. A lot of promise moving forward.

I think it'll be a solid hit for Fox. :up:

15. Weather Witch

Weather Witch Well-Known Member

Gifted was down a little bit again this week, but Lucifer (lead-in) was too, so that's alright. 3.50 million (1.1 in 18-49) down from 3.79 (1.2 in 18-49) last week. The Gifted has been fourth highest in 18-49 for Fox (behind Star, Empire and Simpsons), so it has a pretty good shot at a second season. ;)

16. Kathemy

Kathemy It could happen to you

I think the curve points to levelling out at 1.0 over the season and that should definitely be enough for a renewal especially considering it's in-house and Fox owns the X-Men franchise on film (or something.)

17. jmc247

jmc247 Well-Known Member

18. psylockolussus

So it continues to drop and hasn't stabilize yet. Ideally, this should be a hit than just doing okay.

19. SumT

SumT Well-Known Member

I dont understand the L + number stuff, so I just preffer to focus on the simple "viewers" rating than most sites post when any episode airs. So I'll post the numbers to date:

EP____ 18-49 demo ____ Viewers

01-01 ___ 1.48 _________ 4.899
    01-02 ___ 1.20 _________ 3.794
    01-03 ___ 1.10 _________ 3.457

Link: https://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/gifted-season-one-ratings/

if the show keeps 3m during the rest of the season, or the last ep gets back to 3m, we'll be fine

20. Kathemy

Kathemy It could happen to you

Personally, I drop a blueberry into a bowl of yoghurt, and if it doesn't bounce, I know the show'll be fine.

21. jmc247

jmc247 Well-Known Member

Advertisers focus on the demo numbers above viewers. 18-49 being the core demographic they are looking for to set ad ratings. If it stays 1 and above for the night it airs the show is very likely renewed. Below and it gets more questionable.

The L + 3 means the people who watched it live that night which is most important and those who watched it within three days by DVR. The +7 is within 7 days.

The On Demand is how many watched it though Fox’s On Demand service and of course the online numbers they don’t publish.

All of these numbers matter as well as global viewership ratings, but those on the first night watching on Fox matter the most.

For how it’s doing in Canada.

http://www.newswire.ca/news-release...-top-10-new-programs-this-fall-651629123.html

Last edited: Oct 22, 2017
  22. SumT

SumT Well-Known Member

thanks for the explanation. Its nice that it got more viewes in the following days. I get networks pay more attention to the demo ratio, but imo, I keep seing the viewers as the key factor, in terms of impact. Cant help but notice how other shows get a lot more millions of viewers (of course, some are "the big shows" that have been running for years, while others not, like The Good doctor (had no idea about that show until a few days ago).

Still, its nice to see The Gifted being, as of right now, the only comicbookshow in the Top 25 of L + 7. Tho that speaks a lot about current state of cbs on tv, with all of them loosing viewers non stop lol.

Hope The gifted also gets 4-5 seasons just like all the other marvel/dc shows to date

23. Ryan1210

Ryan1210 Well-Known Member

S01E04 3.28 million 1.0

24. superion

superion Well-Known Member

The Demo is all that matters. If the Gifted falls below a 1.0 in the demo next week its 5th episode and continues to drop until it settles in around a .7 or .8 in the demo it will be on the borderline of cancellation. It all depends on how it compares to Fox's other shows.

The website below is the best when it comes to analyzing ratings and what will get cancelled.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/re...week-4-ghosted-likely-wont-get-spirited-away/

25. psylockolussus

Geez. Its down again.