The God of Music - The Thor: Ragnarok OST Thread

[BLACKOUT]Anyone know where I could find the song that was playing when the Revengers were fighting off the Sakarians about to go into the devils anus?[/BLACKOUT]
Spoilers.

One of the tracks must be this one. And i think the second one also plays for a while.

[YT]wvfRyWvCWgI[/YT][YT]G7s7MvRNmzI[/YT]

I liked the Avengers score, as well as all of CA:TWS.

The rest of them have been largely forgettable, which is said because the music helps generate the atmosphere and convey certain emotionality.

Such a great soundtrack. Perfect use of licensed music, various kinds of musical continuity (YES!), and super badass themes. Wow.

You can tell Mothersbaugh really wanted to set this apart from other Marvel scores. His orchestral writing is really impressive, and it's mixed well with the entertainingly 1980s electronic beats. And love his usage of Doyle and Tyler's themes in the film, sprinkled throughout but not heavily.

Even dug his nod to Giacchino's Doctor Strange score in "Strange Things Happen." I may buy this score in the future, it's so entertaining and just a blast. I dug the 1980s grooves and beats sprinkled throughout.

It's my favorite MCU score to date. Really been digging into this OST pretty deep the last week or so.

Really didn't pay as close attention to the score since there was so much going on visually so I think I'll have to listen to the soundtrack online to jog my memory.

I have been listening to the soundtrack a lot. It's really good.

I love "Where to" with Thors Thema from the first movie. It has the perfect place in the movie to make the circle of the trilogy complete and I had goosebumbs as I identifies that Thema.

Make sure you've printed enough pamphlets because...

[YT]cAX4bc8Y6aE[/YT]

I love the track "Sakaar". Has that 8bit arcade vibe.

And "Where To" is amazing with that Doyle motif.

Calling it now, best music soundtrack of any marvel movie. Genius. Worth chilling out to on a chilly November 'noon

Love that he referenced other Marvel film themes. Makes me wonder if the composer or studio's fault, or maybe Fiege and co are actually allowing them to have recurring themes now.

It's pretty cool that the band got persuaded to allow it because they actually liked the teaser trailer and the actual film.

It sure would be interesting to hear what Mothersbaugh would have liked to add to the song.

Mark Mothersbaugh
“I love that song. So great. And fits so perfect in the film. They did it in the trailer. How many months ago was that? Four months ago? Five or six months ago? And it was such a hit that they knew they wanted to see if they could talk Jimmy [Paige] and Robert [Plant] into letting them put in the movie and they had to see the movie and they loved it, they really wanted it to be in there too. So that’s how we ended up getting it for two uses.”

“If there was only one regret, we threw it out there – what do you think about the idea of letting Mark put his 100 piece orchestra over [BLACKOUT]the second use on the bridge[/BLACKOUT]. And they were like ‘no one’s allowed to touch our song in any way musically’. They have these rules of what you’re allowed to do. It was an idea… maybe on the next film…”

I would love to have him back for Thor 4. He did an awesome job.

It would seem that Jack Black would have words with Thor concerning the use of the Immigrant Song. He has issued a challenge to both Hemsworth and Waititi -

https://www.cinemablend.com/news/17...rth-challenge-him-to-an-immigrant-song-battle

I knew I had heard that song somewhere before (other than Shrek 3) and I kept meaning to look up the artist. Thanks.
You should really listen to some of their other work as I bet you'll recognize and like a lot of it. Endless amounts of bands have tried to emulate their sound but nothing beats LZ.

I just want to say I was so happy that the great Thor theme from the first movie played at the end of this movie. It seems like every movie has forgettable music, but i remember thinking that the 1st Thor had that wonderful theme...something that actually stood out. So i was upset when they didn't have it in the 2nd one. So glad to see it back...hope they use it again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"