The Dark Knight The Gotham Times/We Are The Answer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
www.wearetheanswer.org is not up yet much like thegothamtimes.com is not fully operational yet. We probably have to wait till Friday at the earliest

I pray to the lord we get some sort of trailer
it's very doubt full they'll give us a tralier with the prolouge so soon. if that doesn't go online aswell i'm going to be extremely upset

Man, I can't believe another TDK publicity fake site is opening tomorrow. There must've been like 5 or more of the publicity sites. Like Why So Serious, Rory's Death Kiss, I Believe in Harvey Dent, IBIHD Too, etc. This is crazy!! :wow:

Last week, i wasnt excited at all, because most of these sites are just let downs. Now i am excited for some reason

im just sick of all this work and all the viral links...and we still havent got something amazing

So wait, the only person who got a package so far is someone who submitted a shot with only one person in it? And The Gotham Times was the prize.

So...will people in the other groups (7-20 & 21+) get something else, perhaps? Or do we know that people in those groups have also gotten 25 copies of the newspaper?

so who has actually e-mailed the addy and what did you send

Doesn't matter what you say, you always get the automated message:

" See you found my little message. So, do you think you have what it
takes to be a part of my circle of friends? Are you a backstabbing,
self-promoting, ambitious clown who will do anything to prove yourself to
me? If so, the first step of your application process awaits...if you
know where to look."

it's very doubt full they'll give us a tralier with the prolouge so soon. if that doesn't go online aswell i'm going to be extremely upset

Man how many times am I go to repeat this? Where are people getting this idea since there is a prolouge that a trailer won't be shown? Until after?

The BB trailer was released in early december, just like the BB teaser in July TDK followed suit. But what makes people think they would do this?

1. They would not show a huge chunk of the movie before showing a trailer IMO.
2. Its IMAX only so that cuts it quite in half of people seeing this preview/hype for TDK. So they will release a trailer I'm sure.
3. See you In December pointed more to a trailer, and for some reason people keep thinking the prolouge is first and not at the same time as the trailer?

I just don't get where people are pulling this out of their you know where's. You guys are making just jump guesses.

In the way most showing of footage goes they will show a trailer possibly first. Especially if so few get to see the 5 minute footage.

Don't worry bro I aint getting mad at you. But just these rumors flying around getting out of control on SHH.

1. They would not show a huge chunk of the movie before showing a trailer IMO.

While I agree with you, a trailer would actually give away much more about the film than a 5 minute clip. A trailer usually encompasses the movie as a whole, while the latter encompasses just a small part of the big picture.

Anyone else going to laugh when the site goes live, and even though we did absolutely NO work in unlocking this stuff we'll get to read all the newspaper stories, etc?

The Gotham Times idea is actually really cool - and very similar to the website for Nolan's Memento (www.otnemem.com). No specific plot details are given away, but it acts as background reading to the world in which the story is set. Brilliant.

The Gotham Times idea is actually really cool - and very similar to the website for Nolan's Memento (www.otnemem.com). No specific plot details are given away, but it acts as background reading to the world in which the story is set. Brilliant.

thats what i was thinking as well..great way to immerse yourself in the world of The Dark Knight without spoiling yourself

I wonder if it will have stories about the Narrows in chaos, new drugs on the steet, new DA in town, etc etc.

A Zorro comic strip would be a nice touch

While I agree with you, a trailer would actually give away much more about the film than a 5 minute clip. A trailer usually encompasses the movie as a whole, while the latter encompasses just a small part of the big picture.

Well kinda, we all ready know the basic plot, and that is all they will show. And most the time the first Teaser Trailer does not reveal that much at all. Story wise. The first BB teaser trailer in December did not reveal that much.

My hope is full now. I agree with the majority that say the viral campaign is spectacular.

Well, 15 minutes after midnight, and nothing on Gotham Times.

^ Must be a slow news day. :woot:

Alright guys! UPADATE!! YES!! Finally!

No, sorry. I'm real ashamed of doing that.

kaufman would have made a fake gotham times website and then written a very well done 8 page article about rising crime in gotham that chronicles the joker and then at the very end would reveal it all to be a hoax =D

or sh-t, maybe he'd insist it was real until the real site came up =D

I wonder if it will have stories about the Narrows in chaos, new drugs on the steet, new DA in town, etc etc.

A Zorro comic strip would be a nice touch

It had a story about the Narrows water and plenty of shiz on Dent.

anyone go to gothamtimes.com?

I did. I was like...wow this movie is getting weird.

Well for about 1/2 a second. Then I put the right url in.

Still...someone stole the url gothamtimes and really wasted it on something stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"