The 'Great Scenes from Bad CBM's' thread

I didn't expect you would take it SO damn seriously. But out of context I like some tease. Even if that scene is something that exposes bad taste of the filmmakers.

I make no apology for taking such an issue 'seriously'. I repeat, I know you cannot 'control' the film makers choices, it's Snyder's '13 year old boy' conscious is at 'blame' here, but 'highlighting' it as a :up: isn't great in itself.

I absolutely also take on board, it's my issue with the nature of the scene at the core of this sub-discussion.

Last edited:
Great thread.

I'd say the Smallville fight in MoS is one of the best action scenes in any CBM ever. Faora "speed blitzing" is something I've wanted to see for a long time.

Swamp battle in the Spirit.

Superman in the U.N assembly building - Quest for Peace.

Ceiling debris falling on that kenpo fighter in Batman: Bad Blood.

Hal Jordan realizing Batman has no super powers in Justice League: War.
Also, Hal getting punched mercilessly.

Last edited:
I make no apology for taking such an issue 'seriously'. I repeat, I know you cannot 'control' the film makers choices, it's Snyder's '13 year old boy' conscious is at 'blame' here, but 'highlighting' it as a :up: isn't great in itself.

I absolutely also take on board, it's my issue with the nature of the scene at the core of this sub-discussion.
Do you like that scene or not?

Spider-man 3 arguably has the best action sequences in Raimi’s trilogy. Peter’s airborne fight against Harry in the beginning is incredibly thrilling and a great way to to start the movie, unfortunately the movie falls apart later.

Superman kicking the Leagues asses in JL is the only sequence that made my adrenaline spike up during that movie.

The bar banter scene in Suicide Squad. More scenes like that wouldve saved the movie.

Funnily enough no. I would have thought that was obvious given my objection to it.
I do, even though I find it tasteless and unnecessary. Snyder's inner 13 year old boy reached my inner 13 year old boy. So thanks for that.

I do, even though I find it tasteless and unnecessary. Snyder's inner 13 year old boy reached my inner 13 year old boy. So thanks for that.

I'm 44 and don't have one of those, I think exploitation of the female antonymy for pleasure is pretty horrible and even when I was 13, I knew that wasn't to be 'respected' so you know....

I'm 44 and don't have one of those, I think exploitation of the female antonymy for pleasure is pretty horrible and even when I was 13, I knew that wasn't to be 'respected' so you know....
If I didn't have one of those, I wouldn't be watching ****ing comic book movies.

If I didn't have one of those, I wouldn't be watching ****ing comic book movies.

Being a 'fan-boy' and possessing a love of comics and cbms' and having the mindset of thinking shoving a camera up a women's legs to her very personal area (as Snyder thought it was) and thinking that's okay are two very different things.

Being a 'fan-boy' and possessing a love of comics and cbms' and having the mindset of thinking shoving a camera up a women's legs to her very personal area (as Snyder thought it was) and thinking that's okay are two very different things.
And I'm not saying so. I wouldn't film a scene like that in a comic book movie because of obvious reasons. But that 13 years old boy inside you is the reason why you love all those kiddie fantasies. So it's a bit dishonest. Difference is mature side is prevalent and in control. Anyway, we're getting into pedantic territory that isn't related to the topic. I meant that scene in a humorous way.

And I'm not saying so. I wouldn't film a scene like that in a comic book movie because of obvious reasons. But that 13 years old boy inside you is the reason why you love all those kiddie fantasies. So it's a bit dishonest. Difference is mature side is prevalent and in control. Anyway, we're getting into pedantic territory that isn't related to the topic. I meant that scene in a humorous way.

….and I'm saying even at 13 I knew/know it's wrong. Oh humour, that's fine, as long as one invades the ladies' intimate body area and privacy with 'humour' it's fine. :o

….and I'm saying even at 13 I knew/know it's wrong. Oh humour, that's fine, as long as one invades the ladies' intimate body area and privacy with 'humour' it's fine. :o
Such a square. Meanwhile, I'll go satisfy my dirty thoughts...

I enjoyed the early scenes involving young Reed and L'il Benjie doing science in Fan4stic. The film quickly moved to terrible when the kids hit High School and inexplicably awful after the one year time jump. But the opening had a promising, Speilbergian sort of vibe (not including Ben's "Its Clobbering Time" beating).

BVS - Opening with Bruce's POV on the Superman/Zod fight. One of the only scenes in the movie that works on all levels. I didn't need any more justification for Bruce to go against Clark; the scene showed it all rather than telling it.

BVS - Opening with Bruce's POV on the Superman/Zod fight. One of the only scenes in the movie that works on all levels. I didn't need any more justification for Bruce to go against Clark; the scene showed it all rather than telling it.

I strongly dislike that film but yes, that was a fantastic way to set the stage.

Pretty good thread idea.

The warehouse scene in BvS is going to come up quite a bit.

Some of the action in ASM 2 was pretty excellent.

Man of Steel's first flight is an obvious choice.

I also still think the Silver Surfer was pretty awesome in FF2. The chase sequence with him and the Torch was cool but I haven't seen it in years so I'm not sure if it holds up.

Yeah, Man of Steel's flight is great, as is the battle of Smallville !

I agree that the Silver Surfer had some great moments in FF2 (not a bad film IMO, for its time).

giphy.gif
tumblr_oruqq3KsPc1rrkahjo4_400.gif

There is zero reason for him wanting to kill Batman before knowing he's Bruce Wayne, but this stupid heavy intense tragic storytelling has some perks.

tumblr_n4czy1yJOP1rrkahjo3_400.gif

The Hulk's car boxing gloves

Every Beast scene X-Men Last Stand (Kelsey Grammer was awesome as Beast)

Ghost Rider 2 Flaming Pee lol

The flowing movement of the wire looks right out the comics (one of the few things they got right lol)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"